The rule "NO Politics" is just that a rule. Not a suggestion.

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

raptor2
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

The rule "NO Politics" is just that a rule. Not a suggestion.

Post by raptor2 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:13 pm

Just a reminder. The rule "NO Politics" is just that, a Rule. It is not a suggestion.

These are strange times and the events of the day mimic these strange times. That said despite the seeming many changes occuring now, the NO Politics has not gone away.

ZS strives to be neutral in all things political. This stance is not designed to be cute, clever or even difficult. This agreed upon neutrality is to allow all corners of the political spectrum to actively discuss ideas regarding preparation and planning without regard to political motivation. This free sharing of ideas should yield a higher quality of discussion for us all.

When a thread contains a newsworthy political event the thread must must clearly relate to prepping for such event & not the politics of the event. Any posts/comments made to the topic must also have a clear prepping relationship.

We exist to plan and prepare for the worst. Lets hope for the best case scenario but plan for the worst case.

With that in mind please note the following:

Overly political posts in violation of the no politics rule will earn the poster a 2 day (or more) time out .
Second offense gets a 5 day (or more) and an Official Warning.
There will not be a 3rd offense
Duco Ergo Sum

raptor2 is the new profile name for raptor.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8190

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Re: The rule "NO Politics" is just that a rule. Not a suggestion.

Post by NT2C » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:55 pm

I want to be very clear here that we, and by we I mean the admins of this site, are quite serious about the above and violations will be dealt with harshly.

ZS is a prepping site. Our goal, our only goal, is keeping people alive and healthy when the normal world takes a sudden swing sideways. We deal with prepping for that to happen and dealing with it after it does, regardless of the cause. It does not matter what flag, banner, skin, or faith a threat to our lives and happiness might come wrapped in, our sole purpose here is to help you to prepare for it and live through it. Outside of certain recreational areas and threads, posts that stray too far from those goals may be removed without further warning and you will be discussing why that's a bad thing with a mod via PM, or in public if we feel a need to make an example of you. We will be harsh, yes, but also try to be fair.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

beno

Post by beno » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:06 pm

well you have a lot of editing to do to maintain your politics free safe space. This site is full of politics including a mega thread on the coming civil war. How is that not massively political?. I’ve seen good adult conversation shut down because of this maladministered rule and i’m over it. How do i cancel my account?

Ever

Post by Ever » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:24 am

NT2C wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:55 pm

ZS is a prepping site. Our goal, our only goal, is keeping people alive and healthy when the normal world takes a sudden swing sideways. We deal with prepping for that to happen and dealing with it after it does, regardless of the cause. It does not matter what flag, banner, skin, or faith a threat to our lives and happiness might come wrapped in, our sole purpose here is to help you to prepare for it and live through it.
I need this community. I need to talk with and listen to preppers. Never more than now. And I do understand the need to vent. On the other hand it is a politics minefield out there and I 'need' the prepper community in ZS to be an island in the storm that only leans toward surviving this global night of fear, conflict, and uncertainties.

The building I live in is a politics war. My family is politically divided. My country is at war with itself. The World is in global upheaval on multiple levels... but our commonality is no matter which side we lean toward.. we are all going to need to survive.

Just here. Just this one place. Just survival.
Ever, previously known here as 'zombiepreparation'

Stay safe and well, y'all.
(and keep practicing physical distancing and wearing masks. if not for yourself do it for those of us around ya who desperately need ya to)

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:51 am

beno wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:06 pm
well you have a lot of editing to do to maintain your politics free safe space. This site is full of politics including a mega thread on the coming civil war. How is that not massively political?. I’ve seen good adult conversation shut down because of this maladministered rule and i’m over it. How do i cancel my account?
Sorry you feel that way. Our rule against discussing politics does not mean that you will not see discussion of preparation and survival of events that are inherently political, such as civil war/insurrection. We would be remiss in our mission is we did not. It simply means that we will not be discussing or debating the politics involved. If, as has recently happened, our government designates a particular group as a "domestic terrorist organization" then we're not going to debate/discuss the existence or non-existence of the group, we are going to focus on the threat posed by such group and how best to survive it. If you have a problem with that policy you are free to voice your concerns and they do get taken into account, but until/unless the ZS BoD says otherwise there will be no major changes to this policy.

You can cancel your account at any time by simply not coming back. Bye!

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:57 am

Ever wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:24 am
NT2C wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:55 pm

ZS is a prepping site. Our goal, our only goal, is keeping people alive and healthy when the normal world takes a sudden swing sideways. We deal with prepping for that to happen and dealing with it after it does, regardless of the cause. It does not matter what flag, banner, skin, or faith a threat to our lives and happiness might come wrapped in, our sole purpose here is to help you to prepare for it and live through it.
I need this community. I need to talk with and listen to preppers. Never more than now. And I do understand the need to vent. On the other hand it is a politics minefield out there and I 'need' the prepper community in ZS to be an island in the storm that only leans toward surviving this global night of fear, conflict, and uncertainties.

The building I live in is a politics war. My family is politically divided. My country is at war with itself. The World is in global upheaval on multiple levels... but our commonality is no matter which side we lean toward.. we are all going to need to survive.

Just here. Just this one place. Just survival.
Well said. ZombieSquad - Now more than ever.

raptor2
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by raptor2 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:37 am

beno wrote:
Adults are welcome. Adults know how to act in friend's homes. Adults do not spit on the floor when they are in the homes of friends. Adults also know that they can use the PM function to have conversations that are not allowed publically on the forum. Adults know that arriving at the forum requires logging on to the forum. Don't like it? ... simply do not log on to it.

That said people who throw temper tantrums stamp their feet and want their account cancelled are probably not partaking in adult conversations.

The Mods try their best to be make this forum a useful and productive place. We want open and candid conversations. We do not want to shut down or close threads. We do however want the cooperation of all the forum members when discussing difficult events.

If you wish to discuss proscribed topics you need to use the PM function and if the recipient wants to discuss then discuss the topic via PM. If they do not want to discuss it then NO means NO.
Duco Ergo Sum

raptor2 is the new profile name for raptor.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8190

manacheck
Favorite Zombie Movies: Train to Busan

Post by manacheck » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:19 pm

beno wrote:
Mods don't edit, they remove un-allowed materials. This extends to discussion of illegal actions as well as policital issues. I recommend you read the rules before joining the forums.

As for the "coming civil war" title of that one thread, it's about preps. Politics not allowed.

Hope this answers your questions so our mods can focus on more important things.
"It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness."

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:23 pm

Part of the problem we seem to be running across is that everything seems political these days, everything is contentious. If someone is against your point of view they are automatically a heretic and evil incarnate. If someone agrees with you than they can do no wrong.

Sarcasm I know but it could easily be real:
https://www.duffelblog.com/2020/06/ben- ... am-flavor/
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

boskone

Post by boskone » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:46 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:23 pm
Part of the problem we seem to be running across is that everything seems political these days, everything is contentious. If someone is against your point of view they are automatically a heretic and evil incarnate. If someone agrees with you than they can do no wrong.
Some people really are heretics and evil incarnate. In my experience, they all work in the College Station, TX civil planning department ensuring that no street can be driven along without stopping at all but one light.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:59 pm

manacheck wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:19 pm
beno wrote:
Mods don't edit, they remove un-allowed materials. This extends to discussion of illegal actions as well as policital issues. I recommend you read the rules before joining the forums.

As for the "coming civil war" title of that one thread, it's about preps. Politics not allowed.

Hope this answers your questions so our mods can focus on more important things.
Actually, in limited ways, mods can and do edit, you just may not think of it that way. We will quite often edit posts to fix broken links, especially YouTube links. We'll also edit posts if the member asks us to, or if we need to fix something. When this happens we make a note of it on the post or in a reply post.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:54 pm

NT2C wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:59 pm
manacheck wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:19 pm
beno wrote:

Actually, in limited ways, mods can and do edit, you just may not think of it that way. We will quite often edit posts to fix broken links, especially YouTube links. We'll also edit posts if the member asks us to, or if we need to fix something. When this happens we make a note of it on the post or in a reply post.
Yeah, but I think manacheck's larger point is that it's not the mods' responsibility to edit posts so they comport with the house rules. The forum rules are clear enough and if you cross the line, don't expect the mods to correct your errant judgement.

Listen, I know everyone at one point or another feels that the rules here at ZS aren't always enforced perfectly consistently. That's the nature of a community of diverse (and passionately held) beliefs like we have here at Zombie Squad. As mods, you guys have an impossible (and largely thankless) job. Do I think you always get it exactly right? No. But I keep that to myself because I sure as hell know I couldn't do your job half as well as you guys do. As Stercutus points out, we're all navigating a contentious, politically-charged social landscape. Layer on top of that the stress of a real life global pandemic and passions are understandably running high.

Civil unrest, almost by definition, is borne of political division. We all just need to stay away from the 'why' and focus on how best to survive it. That's the common denominator that makes Zombie Squad the unique and valuable resource that it is.
Last edited by majorhavoc on Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darmstrong

Post by darmstrong » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:03 pm

And this is why I love this forum. I've been a lurker for a looooong time. I'm guessing 10+ years. At the end of the day, our goal here is to help each other plan and prepare for survival.

Thanks for keeping this forum going under these rules.
In order to succeed you must first survive.

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Post by emclean » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:51 am

Stercutus wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:23 pm
Sarcasm I know but it could easily be real
WAIT, what do you mean? The DuffelBlog is The American Military's Most Trusted News Source, it says so at the top of the page.....

roOism
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by roOism » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:37 am

I mostly just lurk anymore, but this is seriously one of the few remaining bastions of political neutrality left. I come here whenever a notable disaster/event has occurred to find the most unbiased reporting just about anywhere online.

Your hard stance is much appreciated.
"Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must." - Goethe

JF89
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Post by JF89 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:03 pm

I like the rule of no political talk . Most survival forums are either real conservative or real liberal with no place for others really. This place dosnt even allow that to happen,its a good thing.

Ive been a member here a few years and lurked for probably a decade. Its the only forum on survival I really bother with outside of Full30 for gun chat and other shenanigan posting.

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”