New Asian tick with new disease possibilities

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

doitnstyle1
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road, The Book of Eli, After the Dark

New Asian tick with new disease possibilities

Post by doitnstyle1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:21 am

"All religious stuff aside, the fact is people who can't kill will always be subject to those who can." - Brad "Iceman" Colbert, Generation Kill

boskone

Re: New Asian tick with new disease possibilities

Post by boskone » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:55 am

Yup, red about that. I fear when these things somehow cross-breed with lonestar ticks, and we have an army of clone ticks that make you allergic to red meat. :shock:

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:30 pm

boskone wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:55 am
Yup, red about that. I fear when these things somehow cross-breed with lonestar ticks, and we have an army of clone ticks that make you allergic to red meat. :shock:
It isn't just red meat. One of the animal handlers at my work got infected. Beef, pork, at it's worst if she ate too much chicken. All became life threatening events when her throat swelled shut. Fish was the only safe meat. Even vegetable's cooked in lard. Whatever treatment the doc's have her on , she is showing improvement. But she will never eat Beef again. Pretty tuff for a life long cowgirl.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

doitnstyle1
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road, The Book of Eli, After the Dark

Post by doitnstyle1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:55 pm

flybynight wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:30 pm
boskone wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:55 am

It isn't just red meat. One of the animal handlers at my work got infected. Beef, pork, at it's worst if she ate too much chicken. All became life threatening events when her throat swelled shut. Fish was the only safe meat. Even vegetable's cooked in lard. Whatever treatment the doc's have her on , she is showing improvement. But she will never eat Beef again. Pretty tuff for a life long cowgirl.
That. Sucks. Balls!!!
"All religious stuff aside, the fact is people who can't kill will always be subject to those who can." - Brad "Iceman" Colbert, Generation Kill

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”