SW Ontario Flooding

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

mantis

SW Ontario Flooding

Post by mantis » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:18 am

A rapidly developing emergency is taking hold in southwestern Ontario. The rise in temperatures over the past two days has caused a huge melt-off of snow combined with heavy rain has created a flooding emergency. The city of Brantford where I live has declared a state of emergency and has issued evacuation orders for a huge swath of the city. All bridges over the Grand River are either flooded and closed or closed due to imminent flooding. Ice jams from the river are being drive higher and further into flood planes by the rising water.

I am not yet under evacuation order - my house is on high ground outside the immediate flood plane but I am ready to go on a few moments notice with a BOB packed and ready, my important documents and ID along with extra cash and things for my dog.
Doc Torr wrote:"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who see them coming a hundred yards away."
roscoe wrote:.....and don't plan on being The Humongous - it ain't happening.

The Twizzler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

Re: SW Ontario Flooding

Post by The Twizzler » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:55 pm

I hope everything works out for you. Just a helpful hint toilet paper is an essential. I assume you have all the other necessities but people often forget this.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

mantis

Re: SW Ontario Flooding

Post by mantis » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Evacuation orders have been lifted in Brantford by many bridges remain closed and the river remain way over it's banks. West of here in the town of Port Bruce, a bridge collapsed today due to damage from heavy rain and flood waters.
Doc Torr wrote:"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who see them coming a hundred yards away."
roscoe wrote:.....and don't plan on being The Humongous - it ain't happening.

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”