Austin Tx bombings

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

flybynight

Austin Tx bombings

Post by flybynight » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:24 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/tr ... spartanntp

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/19/us/austi ... index.html

For the fourth time this month, a device exploded on residents in the Texas capital. What makes this blast especially terrifying is that it was left on the side of a residential road and may have been triggered by a tripwire, Austin Police Chief Brian Manley said.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

flybynight

Re: Austin Tx bombings

Post by flybynight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:59 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/au ... ar-BBKuTIY

The serial bomber behind a deadly exploding package spree in Austin has reportedly been killed following nearly three weeks of terror in the Texas capitol.
News of the suspect’s death, first reported by the Austin-Statesman, coincided with a police shooting that stopped traffic along a highway 11 miles north of Austin just before 3 a.m. local time Wednesday.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:21 pm

I do prefer it when the bomber blows himself up and no real people are injured. I wonder where the kid went wrong and decided to embark on his seemingly random homicidal spree. Short of finding a journal of sorts we may never know.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:10 am

The fecal matter left a 25 minute video apparently. However,based upon the lack of press coverage on it I suspect it does not fit thier narrative.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: None

Post by Asymetryczna » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:33 am

based upon the lack of press coverage on it I suspect it does not fit thier narrative
I suspect this as well. Using the problem-solving principle attributed to William of Ockham, and an article I read recently that said "it is impossible to imagine the pressures young people are going through today," I am starting to build a narrative and profile of my own.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: None

Post by Asymetryczna » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:09 am

On the bomber:
"Having listened to that recording, he does not at all mention anything about terrorism, nor does he mention anything about hate," Manley said in a news conference Wednesday. "But instead, it is the outcry of a very challenged young man talking about challenges in his personal life that led him to this point." ~Police Chief Brian Manley
Media Attention Suicide (MAS). Life is not fair. He felt challenged. Out of his teens and wanting to be different than the standard kid with the mil-look rifle and a G-Lock, he chose bombs. Perhaps he didn’t want to fit their narrative. The climb to whatever his mind told him success meant was just too steep. He would have to wait, work for it. Toil and sweat is too much to ask of some people. At first, probably thought there was a way out.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
Nothing new here people. It’s been going on for a long time. People can just quit any time they choose, and some choose to take others with them. I was taught to call them "non-hackers" but I have stopped using that so as not appear ableist, ageist, classist, sizeist, sexist, racist, etc. As many others have written, these events capture people’s attention because most people accept that life is precious. And the more people’s attention it can capture the more the major marketing teams [Media] are going to try to exploit it. (On one channel I was watching for updates on the story, the featured advertisers were Lockheed Martin (stealth fighters baby) and one of the big pharma units that sell erection pills.)

I attribute it all to anxiety and what Wordsworth called “The still, sad music of humanity.” I suspect it can get worse.

The bottom line is that if something is really, really bothering you then you ought to find someone to talk with. It doesn't have to be your boss, Oprah or Dr. Phil. I suspect that anyone - anyone - willing to walk a mile with another person near their age and gender are going to find - if they listen - that the other person has a great deal of worries and problems as well. Often more. If you are reading this and you are older than 40, raise your right hand if you wouldn't prefer to have your problems from when you were 20.

Meditation works. I like to meditate to a poem I learned from the movie Gross Pointe Blank:

When I am quiet,
When I am blue;
For a while.
For a while.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”