Los Angeles Rocked (Gently) by 3.2 Earthquake

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Los Angeles Rocked (Gently) by 3.2 Earthquake

Post by absinthe beginner » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Locals shaken awake by 'nasty' tremor, raising fears of bigger quake

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 47356.html

Los Angeles has been rocked by a magnitude 3.2 earthquake.

The tremor occurred at 1.15am local time (9.45am GMT) at a depth of 7.5 miles (12km), according to the US Geological Survey. Its epicentre was in the West Athens area in the south of the city.

Locals reported feeling the ground shake, with some tweeting that they were woken up by the quake.

"That felt nasty," wrote one. "Especially because it was near my area."

Another said: "I jumped out of bed and woke everyone up just in case."

"Felt quite a strong shake in downtown LA," tweeted another.

Minor tremors are a regular reminder of the likelihood of another strong earthquake in Los Angeles, which was devastated by a deadly magnitude 6.7 earthquake in January 1994

flybynight

Re: Los Angeles Rocked (Gently) by 3.2 Earthquake

Post by flybynight » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:05 pm

TRUST ME, 3.2 is far removed from being rocked. ( unless maybe you moved there from a location that doesn't normally get earthquakes. Since the last previous large earthquake ). That's barely enough to get your attention during normal activities. Having a hard time keeping on your feet ,that's being rocked. :shock:

They always warned that first minute after a earthquake was the most dangerous. The danger being that it was the initial quake before a great quake. After the first minute the chances decrease rapidly.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Re: Los Angeles Rocked (Gently) by 3.2 Earthquake

Post by Halfapint » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:11 pm

flybynight wrote:TRUST ME, 3.2 is far removed from being rocked. ( unless maybe you moved there from a location that doesn't normally get earthquakes. Since the last previous large earthquake ). That's barely enough to get your attention during normal activities. Having a hard time keeping on your feet ,that's being rocked. :shock:

They always warned that first minute after a earthquake was the most dangerous. The danger being that it was the initial quake before a great quake. After the first minute the chances decrease rapidly.
When they said that, I figured it was "rocked" like you're rocking your baby to sleep. Because that's about all it would do.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”