Mexico 8.0 quake

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

TacAir

Mexico 8.0 quake

Post by TacAir » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:31 am

96km SW of Pijijiapan, Mexico

Near the border with the Gut just off the coast.

Just happened.

When it rains, it pours.
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Stercutus

Re: Mexico 8.0 quake

Post by Stercutus » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:32 am

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/08/americas/ ... index.html
-- The United States Geological Survey (USGS) Pager system, which predicts economic and human loss after earthquakes, issued a red alert. "High casualties and extensive damage are probable and the disaster is likely widespread. Past red alerts have required a national or international response," it said.
-- A tsunami was confirmed in Mexico, with one wave coming in at 3 feet (1 meter), according to a tweet from the National Weather Service's Pacific Tsunami Warning Center. It said tsunami waves taller than 10 feet (3 meters) could hit coast of Mexico, while 3-foot waves could reach as far as Ecuador, New Zealand and Vanuatu.
-- Mexico's country's Army, Marines and Federal Police were being mobilized to respond, Peña Nieto said.
-- 1.85 million homes lost electricity, but 74% of them have had service returned, Peña Nieto said. Some people are lacking water service, and it may take 36-48 hours to get it back up and running.
-- The USGS has reported multiple aftershocks, including at least five with tremors measuring above 5.0 in magnitude.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

dtwn92
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sean of the Dead

Re: Mexico 8.0 quake

Post by dtwn92 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:39 am

This was crazy, it was the same day Irma was making initial land fall. My first that was, is the world ending? I kid... :D

Mexico has over a few dozen dead and many issues, this will take a while to clean up.
View my FAK and My Tactical Facebook page.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
"Our problems are man-made therefore they may be solved by man and man can be as big as he wants. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings."
John F. Kennedy

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”