It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:24 pm 

Just thought I would pile all the long weekend mass shootings in to one thread. Be careful out there it is turning into a long hot weekend.

This is the nut that shot up the hospital in the Bronx. After threatening to do that very thing two years previously. So much for waiting periods on firearms.

http://nypost.com/tag/bronx-hospital-shooting/

Little Rock Night Club Shooting. I have never been in a rap club. They tend to have a lot of shootings. 25 shot and 3 others injured so far. No fatalities or expected.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nightc ... ar-BBDvVvu

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:36 pm 

1. Disgruntled ex-employee
2. Rap concert - what can I say, pretty common, just larger numbers that the usual 'night club shooting'.

This is going to be a very long holiday weekend (Fri PM to Weds AM) better part of 5 days for sh...stuff to boil over.....

Stercutus
Is there a low-end number before posting here? I ask only because we (locally) seem to have shootings nearly every night now...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:51 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

TacAir wrote:

Stercutus
Is there a low-end number before posting here? I ask only because we (locally) seem to have shootings nearly every night now...

On a related point, I think a lot of agencies count a "mass shooting" as anything involving 3 or 4 people... including the shooter, regardless of being killed or not.

So random gang violence where one guy shoots another guy and two people next to them and gets hit with a ricochet would be a mass shooting... or a guy kills his wife, her secret bf, then himself is a mass shooting... the same as a lunatic with a vendetta who goes on rampage.

I think many cities would have a number of incidents per weekend depending on how you classify them.

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:54 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Stercutus,

Thankx for posting, that's the first I heard of the Bronx shooting.

Looks like the doctor who was killed was covering a coworkers shift... sadly that's a lifetime of guilt on top of the tragedy.

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:16 pm 

Quote:
Looks like the doctor who was killed was covering a coworkers shift... sadly that's a lifetime of guilt on top of the tragedy.

True that. Stuff we do every day without even thinking about it becomes magnified through the lens of guilt.

Quote:

Let's go with all terror attacks, random shootings with three or more casualties and other shootings (gang, work place related etc) with five or more casualties. That should keep the numbers down.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:18 pm 

Little Rock update
Twenty-five people between the ages of 16 and 35 suffered gunshot wounds + three others were hurt, perhaps while fleeing, Buckner said. Two people were in critical condition Saturday afternoon. Police said officers did not have any suspects in custody. Gang-related in the current theory.

For folks (like me with a morbid curiosity) that want to see the reported onesy-twosy shootings - check out

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/last-72-hours

gives a running set of data points, w/links to primary source.
Not an all-encompassing site, but a somewhat closer view to local stuff rarely, if ever, reported outside of a local area....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:34 pm 

That is a good find. I'll be adding to my lists.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:23 am 

I noticed that site omits defensive shootings from it's roll up. That's bullshit right there, it is not a reliable source

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:27 am 

That may well be for you.

For me, it is a site that reports and more importantly, sources one-off shooting/killings. The kind that neve make the 'news' - but is hardly background chatter.

Hey, Jackass is a site that has a focus strictly on the violence in Chiraq. As such, it has some useful information, but is very limited in scope. Every site has it's own 'filters' if you will, you just need to be aware what they are.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:23 pm 

The "Rapper" who was performing in Little Rock at the night club in the news, has been arrested.....in Birmingham, AL.

http://wkrg.com/2017/07/03/handguns-rif ... rs-arrest/

Excerpt: "LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) – Federal authorities in Alabama say they recovered two handguns and an assault rifle in a vehicle during the arrest of a rapper whose concert in Little Rock was the site of a shooting that left 28 people injured.

The U.S. Marshals Service says Ricky Hampton of Memphis, Tennessee, also known as Finese2Tymes, was arrested early Sunday on charges unrelated to the nightclub shooting in Little Rock. He was arrested at a club in Birmingham where he was performing.

Prison records from the Tennessee Department of Corrections show a Ricky Hampton with the same date of birth and a similar appearance was released from prison in August 2016 after serving six years for aggravated robbery.

Little Rock Police Lt. Steven McClanahan says the rapper will be extradited to Arkansas so police can interview him."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:24 am 

Convicted felon with firearms after performing at a night club where a major shooting incident occurred. Did he have that distinctive face tattoo when he committed aggravated Robbery ? Am I the only one who thinks the human race is regressing into idiocy?