It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: US Saber Ratlling
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:44 am 

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/29 ... -says.html

Quote:
The Trump administration is considering a wider range of strategies on how to deal with North Korea, including the military option, Trump's national security adviser said Wednesday.

:shock:

I am saying not just "no" but "fuck no". NORK military may be mostly a paper tiger but the hill is not worth climb here. Million could still in a conflict on the peninsula.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Post subject: Re: US Saber Ratlling
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:14 pm 

Yeah, their military tech is still Korean War Era, but they do still have a boom stick and I'm sure most of their bullets probably still shoot out of the boom stick. They do have some newer stuff like atomic bombs even duds can still be deadly. Not something that I would want to see happen.

With the death of Otto, I had a feeling some escalation of force would be coming. I'm getting tired of this... measuring contest that's going on. China needs to reign in it's little puppet, however I think even they cant do anything now.

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:59 pm 

Halfapint wrote:
Yeah, their military tech is still Korean War Era, but they do still have a boom stick and I'm sure most of their bullets probably still shoot out of the boom stick. They do have some newer stuff like atomic bombs even duds can still be deadly. Not something that I would want to see happen.

With the death of Otto, I had a feeling some escalation of force would be coming. I'm getting tired of this... measuring contest that's going on. China needs to reign in it's little puppet, however I think even they cant do anything now.

If they don't , you know it will end up being us that does.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:58 pm 

flybynight wrote:
Halfapint wrote:

If they don't , you know it will end up being us that does.

I am all for anyone else taking a go at it.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:04 pm 

My thoughts on NK are the same as my thoughts on ISIS: another country made the mess because they were poor global citizens. Let them spend the blood and treasure to fix it.

Parents get to deal with the brats or angels they created.

But nobody in government asks me my opinion.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:46 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I have a bad feeling that it will be us getting involved. IIRC, we have a 'special diplomatic relationship' w/ROK (S. Korea). The north starts it w/S. Korea or Japan, & we will have to respond. I'm thinking that all the players know this.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:37 pm 

MPMalloy wrote:
I have a bad feeling that it will be us getting involved. IIRC, we have a 'special diplomatic relationship' w/ROK (S. Korea). The north starts it w/S. Korea or Japan, & we will have to respond. I'm thinking that all the players know this.

You sir are correct we have an agreement I think it's even penned in the cease fire that we will get involved if anything heats up. Hence the reason we have like 45k military personnel in Korea at any one time.

As I said above they don't really have modern small arms or even artillery but they do train with it. and there are something like 10,000 (a number I've heard somewhere) artillery cannons aimed at Seoul. Plus, I've heard of tunnels etc, what the North actually has, and what they say they have are completely different things.

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...