It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NEW LONDON ATTACKS
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:58 pm 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4569638/Car-ploughs-20-people-London-Bridge.html

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:01 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Yeah, Metropolitan Police have confirmed at least one fatality :crybaby:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-40147 ... da1b11496d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airballrad wrote:
All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D

wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

Post subject: Re: NEW LONDON ATTACKS
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:06 pm 

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/03/london-bridge-police-respond-to-reports-car-hitting-pedestrians.html

http://news.sky.com/story/live-significant-gunfire-after-incident-london-bridge-borough-and-vauxhall-10903581
There are believed to be "multiple victims" after reports of gunfire and stabbings at three separate areas.
:: One witness said there was "tremendous gunfire" in the London Bridge area about 10 minutes before the emergency services arrived in large numbers
:: Footage show people fleeing from the scene after police tell people in the street and in bars to clear the area
:: Police have now responded to reports of stabbings in Borough Market, armed officers have responded and shots have been fire.
:: Police are also responding to an incident in Vauxhall in south London.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:36 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Shit. Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit.

My news sources corroborate both reports of the van and of nearby stabbing attacks. I haven't seen anything yet about tremendous gunfire.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:33 pm 

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40147164

Possible second stabbing attack scene.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:55 pm 

News reports 6 dead at least 30 injured all the attackers dead
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/04/london-attacks-6-civilians-killed-3-attackers-dead-in-hit-and-run-stabbings-police-say.html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:32 am 

The police killed the attackers armed with knives and dummy SVESTS. Then they blew up the attackers just to be sure the bombs were fake.

Tourist season is just getting off to a start in the UK. I am hearing that there were a lot of Americans and other foreigners in the area.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:40 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

London attack: Seven killed in van and knife incidents
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40148737
It's less than 2 weeks since Manchester :(
London attack: BBC reporter witnesses van hit pedestrians
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40147114

airballrad wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:45 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

I visited the UK last week and timed and organized my visit to spend as little time as possible in London (less than 10 hours) and moved quickly through likely hotspots. Police presence is ramped up (and it's SBRed ARs more than MP5s now).

Irony is they reduced the threat level which means really the intelligence services are just too swamped by the sheer numbers of potential violent terrorists.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:27 am 

The number they were throwing around is 23,000 potential terrorists identified, with 3000 under surveillance. They need around 60 personal to surveil each suspect 24/7. So yea overwhelmed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:30 am 

After the Manchester attack I saw this posted on various social media sites

the argument that you can’t stop ISIS because they are an ideology and you can’t bomb away and ideology.

However, one World War II veteran gave a hard, cold, reality check.
The veteran’s response is going viral. In response to “you can’t bomb an ideology”. “The hell you can’t. Because we did it. These Muslims are no different than the [Imperial] Japanese. The Japs had their suicide bombers too. And we stopped them,” he started.

“What it takes is the resolve and will to use a level of brutality and violence that your generations can’t stomach. And until you can, this sh*t won’t stop. It took us on the beaches with bullets, clearing out caves with flame throwers, and men like LeMay burning down their cities killing people by the tens of thousands,” he said.
“And then it took 2 atom bombs on top of it. But if that was what it took to win we were willing to do it. Until you are willing to do the same…well I hope you enjoy this shit, because it ain’t going to stop,” said the veteran.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:10 pm 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Without delving into politics of the above, in WW-2 there was a general understanding of evil, in that if it was given a chance it would kill everyone and every thing we cherish.

That and common sense was actually common then.

Getting back to the attack. In the unlikely event you are involved in such an attack; a Capt. Obvious statement: surrender is not an option, victims and body counts, not hostages is the goal, react accordingly.

Link to ZS Hall of Fame Forum
ImageImageImage

Last edited by raptor on Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:57 pm 

That veteran gets around pretty good for an old guy. I've seen that "response" to nearly every attack for the last year or so.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:04 pm 

That's because he said it last year.

Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:35 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

This is the advice issued on social media by the Metropolitan Police last night. Image

airballrad wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:35 pm 

Fuck that.

You must:

1. SEARCH
2. DESTROY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:04 pm 

ZombieGranny wrote:
That's because he said it last year.
YEA well I'm not the social media butterfly's you guys are . :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:13 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

raptor wrote:
[snip]... a general understanding of evil, in that if it was given a chance it would kill everyone and every thing we cherish.

Against my better judgment, I'm responding.

If the quote above is read in the context of this WWII veteran's insistence upon brutality, then, indeed, what he is calling for is to do to evil what evil would do to you. The dropping of two atomic bombs did exactly this--it was a wilful disregard of a culture's non-combatants and annihilated them as if they were the ones who dropped the bombs years before. I would call that brutality.

If the solution to brutality is brutality, someone just pull the trigger already. If it's not...well, maybe it's time to think differently. Note the vast majority of terroristic attacks for which ISIS has claimed credit had little instruction or guidance from ISIS as a group. Perhaps the solution should be focused on how to keep these disconnected people from falling into a willingness to perform brutality.

ISIS isn't a snake. Cutting off its head won't kill it. Other heads pop up. A concerted effort needs to be effected across the globe that reaches out to those who have been tempted to do brutality and convince them they are wrong.

ZS Wiki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:22 pm 

Beowolf wrote:
raptor wrote:
[snip]... a general understanding of evil, in that if it was given a chance it would kill everyone and every thing we cherish.

Against my better judgment, I'm responding.

If the quote above is read in the context of this WWII veteran's insistence upon brutality, then, indeed, what he is calling for is to do to evil what evil would do to you. The dropping of two atomic bombs did exactly this--it was a wilful disregard of a culture's non-combatants and annihilated them as if they were the ones who dropped the bombs years before. I would call that brutality.

If the solution to brutality is brutality, someone just pull the trigger already. If it's not...well, maybe it's time to think differently. Note the vast majority of terroristic attacks for which ISIS has claimed credit had little instruction or guidance from ISIS as a group. Perhaps the solution should be focused on how to keep these disconnected people from falling into a willingness to perform brutality.

ISIS isn't a snake. Cutting off its head won't kill it. Other heads pop up. A concerted effort needs to be effected across the globe that reaches out to those who have been tempted to do brutality and convince them they are wrong.

"What it takes is the resolve and will to use a level of brutality and violence that your generations can’t stomach" I think that's the quote you meant to post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:40 pm 

"Non-combatant" is a concept completely absent from some cultures.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:20 pm 

Well, how was the Lernaean Hydra killed? With sword and with fire, wielded by the son of a god.

You can't kill an ideology? Yes you can, we killed two.

1) Germans are a race and superior to others. Not too many talking that point, especially Germans.

2) Hirohito and his bloodline are gods to be worshiped. As I recall, he and his son were forced to recant that idea.

How were these ideologies crushed and burned? With millions of men bearing rifles and bayonets, with armor, with planes, with bombs of all sizes from pineapples to little boys to fat men. It sure wasn't stopped in a debate hall.

Is self defense evil? Even within the British response to these attacks, SOMEONE in England (the government) has guns for common defense, just not the subjects of the crown.

Their religion says they are a superior people and all others must be subjugated. That if they kill for their god, Heaven will be opened for them. Now, how is this idea different from the other two? Are you aware this is even within their Koran?

Flybynight, what is your solution that stops all jihadis from hopping into the nearest lorry with keys, grabbing a meat cleaver and driving into the nearest crowd on the street?

Quote:
A concerted effort needs to be effected across the globe that reaches out to those who have been tempted to do brutality and convince them they are wrong.

You're going to debate them all?

Last edited by jor-el on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:51 pm 

Off Topic
Beowolf wrote:
[snip]... The dropping of two atomic bombs did exactly this--it was a wilful disregard of a culture's non-combatants and annihilated them as if they were the ones who dropped the bombs years before

Ever read the notes on the discussions on the targets? Read em. a number of reasons (Both good and bad went into the decision). Even beyond that, the targets were military with factories and garrisons.
I live within 5 miles of where the Polaris missiles of the cold war were assembled, and loaded into submarines. I've turned my engine off and taken a nap in the car while staring down the barrels of quite a few rifles because I was unfortunate enough to be on the road during a weapons move when they shut down traffic. I have very little doubt that had every thing gone t!ts up, all I would have seen was a flash of light. That's a concern living near a military installation. I could always have moved. I hate to be blunt... but if you're afraid of smoke, dont make camp near a fire?
/On topic

I dont think we'll see much change until you see change from within the culture it's self. When the "moderates" and the "progressives" denounce firmly, LOUDLY, and in numbers enough to quash the radicals. You're dealing with a religious cult sect that teaches from childhood that "if you kill the infidels and die in the process, you will have riches in heaven as opposed to the squalor you have here." It's an ideology that needs to end. Life is cheap to some cultures and revered by others...
Prayers to the victims, and to England as a whole...

raptor wrote:
...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:
... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:29 pm 

Quote:
Flybynight, what is your solution that stops all jihadis from hopping into the nearest lorry with keys, grabbing a meat cleaver and driving into the nearest crowd on the street?

They keep telling us we can't give in to the terror. That we need to proclaim that we won't be cowed or change from our normal routines. Bullshit. This stop them with hugs and Keep the higher moral ground is just getting civilians killed and maimed . We are at war.
The British government says there are 23000 radicalized potential Jihadist in country and they don't have the manpower to watch them all. DEPORT THEM. ALL OF THEM. Sharia law should be outlawed and anyone practicing or promoting it. Deport them too. Close any Mosque whose member commits a act of terrorism. All Acquaintances of a jihadist who is found to have seen they suspected something and did nothing to report it. Arrest them,
Destroy ISIS Kill all their members. Then go after Muslim brotherhood, Al-Qaida and any other radical group.
They are a plague on humanity. You don't try to reason with a plague, You don't debate a plague. You don't have pity for a plague.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:59 am 

That sounds great. Except then you will have those that slip in below the radar and hide their nature until they attack. Still, it could reduce attacks. If you could work it through the courts. In the US the courts don't believe in evil.

Quote:
You can't kill an ideology? Yes you can, we killed two.

The US has done a lot more than two. Those are just more recent examples.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”