MIT Active Shooter

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

grennels

Re: MIT Active Shooter

Post by grennels » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:45 am

Hero? Really?

That term is SO grossly over used these days.

Hero Boat Owner Points Police to Bomb Suspect

Watertown, Mass., resident David Henneberry is being labeled a hero after he apparently alerted police that he stumbled on a bloody body lying in his boat in the backyard of his home.

The chain of events that led to the discovery of the most wanted man in America began around 6 p.m., when Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick lifted the Boston lockdown and ordered the restart of mass transit.

At approximately 7 p.m., Henneberry took advantage of the lifted lockdown and entered his backyard to walk his dog. Henneberry noticed something amiss with his prized boat, according to Henneberry's neighbor, George Pizzuto.

"He looked and noticed something was off about his boat, so he got his ladder, and he put his ladder up on the side of the boat and climbed up," Pizzuto said. "And then he saw blood on it, and he thought he saw what was a body laying in the boat. So he got out of the boat fast and called police."
Shot 'em, now I'm gonna hang 'em, then I'm gonna burn 'em!
Damn Zombies. Can't ever be too dead to suit me.

- with apologies to Larry McMurtry

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:56 am

What you're neglecting to include is that the Police released two of those photos of innocent people and stated that they were 'Persons of Interest'.

The Police asked for the help of the public.

The NY Post and other Media outlets didn't just decide on their own to release them after they found them on Reddit.

The guys who say 'Shut up and let the Police do their jobs' can't have it both ways. Either you don't do anything, or you help.

It depends on how they're doing it. If they're aimlessly posting photos and saying 'Yeah, that's probably the guy who did it and killed that little boy, that lady and blew all those people's legs off' then that irresponsible. If they're posting it and asking what the time stamp is this from and forwarding the pic to the FBI then IMO that's fine.

How exactly are LE Agencies supposed to solve crimes again in the absence of information?

I also notice that the dire predictions that something horrible would happen to some innocent person (lynched, shot, have their lives ruined etc) unlucky enough to have their picture published as a person of interest didn't happen to those two guys either.

They saw their pics on the news and in social media, they went and talked to the Police who checked them out and that was it. End of story.

Real horror show.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

lowjohn19

Post by lowjohn19 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:14 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Image
This was my biggest problem with the reddit coverage. I hope if anything good can come of it; enough people know who Sunil Tripathi is now that he will be found.
http://clinton.patch.com/groups/editors ... i-f230418b
Authorities, family, and friends are searching for a 22-year-old Brown University student. Sunil Tripathi was last seen Saturday morning on Brown campus on the East Side of Providence at around 11:00 am. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans, a black Eastern Mountain Sports ski jacket, glasses, and a Philadelphia Eagles wool hat. He is six feet tall and weighs 130 pounds.

Family and friends are working with the Providence Police and the Brown University Department of Pubic Safety to find Sunil. The FBI has joined the greater Providence community to assist in the investigation. We are focusing on the greater Providence area, where flyers have been posted and media has dedicated extensive press coverage. The search is expanding outside of Providence to Boston, Connecticut, New York, and Philadelphia. Family and friends are grateful to all those assisting in this search for Sunil.

Momentum in the search is growing. Former and current classmates, friends, extended family, the loving Brown community and the larger Providence community and law enforcement all continue to mobilize. Please join us and spread the word, post flyers, and look for updates on a public Facebook page, “Help Us Find Sunil Tripathi.” In the past 24 hours, more than 30,000 have joined us to view or repost these search pages.

Sunil grew up in Radnor, Pennsylvania and has been living in Providence since 2008. He is a talented musician, a saxophonist, a philosophy major, a critical thinker, and a kind quiet son and brother. We miss his warm smile and generous gentle spirit so very much. Your help and prayers to find him mean so much.

LivelyToaster
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Post by LivelyToaster » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:47 am

Red Tamarillo wrote:
LivelyToaster wrote:Just something to add, the tan pants, boots, black coats, and bags guys that were obvious cops or .mil, were actually from Craft International. .mil Contractors founded by Chris Kyle, Late and former Seal.
Is it a good idea for them to be so obvious? (You can buy their hat from their website).
i.e. is it normal for civilian contractors dressed like in country civilian contractors to be at events in the US?
Surely uniformed cops and sneaky grey men/women is a good blend.

On another note this case really showed how we couldn't Sherlock Holmes anything about ethnicity and rule out anyone from the first released security video which had poor colour balance. Black hat was even mistakenly id-ed as an African guy at one stage, and you know looking at the vid he could have been, he could have been anglo, he could have been asian, he could have been anyone. If you can't rule out any ethnicity from a surveillance vid that's not a good camera. You want to at least decrease the number of suspects to less than 7 billion.
Their hat has a white skull on it. The one you can buy has a tan skull. I know, big difference. As to why they dress so blatantly obvious I dunno. Wish someone would answer why they were there too.

-------------------------------------------------------
Sent from a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away...

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:57 am

Just to engage in blatant speculation, they may have been there for extra security. And they may have been poorly disguised because they were not trying to be subtle about it.
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead

Post by sheddi » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:08 am

LivelyToaster wrote:... Wish someone would answer why they were there too.
Infowars and their ilk are getting all riled up over it, which probably means it's nothing to worry about :roll:
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

ZSC:010 - UK Chapter
My EDC / GHB (needs updating)
Foundation licence holder - Mike-Six-mumble-mumble-mumble.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:22 am

Browning 35 wrote: I also notice that the dire predictions that something horrible would happen to some innocent person (lynched, shot, have their lives ruined etc) unlucky enough to have their picture published as a person of interest didn't happen to those two guys either.

They saw their pics on the news and in social media, they went and talked to the Police who checked them out and that was it. End of story.

Real horror show.
Not quite...

Teen stunned at portrayal as Boston bombing suspect
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

LivelyToaster

Post by LivelyToaster » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:39 am

sheddi wrote:
LivelyToaster wrote:... Wish someone would answer why they were there too.
Infowars and their ilk are getting all riled up over it, which probably means it's nothing to worry about :roll:
I'm not barking that. Its kind of a low speed contract for high speed low drag operators.

Browning 35
BANNED
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:46 am

KJ4VOV wrote:
Browning 35 wrote: I also notice that the dire predictions that something horrible would happen to some innocent person (lynched, shot, have their lives ruined etc) unlucky enough to have their picture published as a person of interest didn't happen to those two guys either.

Real horror show.
Not quite...

Yeah, if be shocked to see a picture of me on the NY Post and on social media sites wanting to talk to me about a bombing.

However it's exactly as I said, no wrongful arrest, wasn't lynched, beat up or fucked with in any way. That's about as bland as you're going to get.

Far cry from the pics of being shot and lynched the way some posters were talking about.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

phalanx

Post by phalanx » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:53 am

Browning 35 wrote:What you're neglecting to include is that the Police released two of those photos of innocent people and stated that they were 'Persons of Interest'.

The Police asked for the help of the public.

The NY Post and other Media outlets didn't just decide on their own to release them after they found them on Reddit.

The guys who say 'Shut up and let the Police do their jobs' can't have it both ways. Either you don't do anything, or you help.

It depends on how they're doing it. If they're aimlessly posting photos and saying 'Yeah, that's probably the guy who did it and killed that little boy, that lady and blew all those people's legs off' then that irresponsible. If they're posting it and asking what the time stamp is this from and forwarding the pic to the FBI then IMO that's fine.

How exactly are LE Agencies supposed to solve crimes again in the absence of information?

I also notice that the dire predictions that something horrible would happen to some innocent person (lynched, shot, have their lives ruined etc) unlucky enough to have their picture published as a person of interest didn't happen to those two guys either.

Real horror show.

LE didn't release the pics of the high school kids to the media, it was leaked. A bulletin was sent out asking various LE agencies if anyone recognized them, and someone sent the pics to the NY Post. The pics of Black Hat and White Hat were released. Just wanted to clear up that point.
ninja-elbow wrote: ZSC:011 Oregon: We Bug Out wet, dry, at the coast or the high desert ... maybe even the mountains, in a town or in a valley or something....
"We are moral beings only to the extent that we are social beings" - Emile Durkheim

Browning 35
BANNED
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:56 am

Were the Police looking for those two guys at that point in time?

Yes.

The NY Post stated that they were given the photos. Honestly it could be either or. The Police might have given them to them or maybe an individual LE Officer did on his own accord. I don't know.

Obviously someone in LE wanted it out there. Some times stories and pics are purposely leaked to the media for specific reasons.

I get the point that some are trying to make. However to think that LE is going to identify certain individuals without the help of the public is kind of ridiculous.
Last edited by Browning 35 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am

Take it to PM.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:06 am

Browning 35 wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:

Real horror show.
Not quite...

Yeah, if be shocked to see a picture of me on the NY Post and on social media sites wanting to talk to me about a bombing.

However it's exactly as I said, no wrongful arrest, wasn't lynched, beat up or fucked with in any way. That's about as bland as you're going to get.

Far cry from the pics of being shot and lynched the way some posters were talking about.
Well, except for the 200+ threatening emails... and the members of the tinfoil hat brigade who will never be convinced he wasn't the third bomber.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:08 am

I know it was talked about in the "Boston Bombing" thread but I just read an article about the the guy who had his legs blown off (Bauman I believe is his last name). Well he's going online to raise money for his treatment, because as if yet the victims haven't been told if they will (or insurance) will have to foot the bill, or if its going to be covered. Maybe something ZS can take care of or help out with? I donated to a couple charities that are helping (real ones not these fake ones). Maybe something not official but something that we can do to help raise money for the people who are still in hospital. Just a thought? I'd donate more though ZS if we could get something organized.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Browning 35
BANNED
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:10 am

That sucks that he's getting threatening emails.

It's slightly different than being hauled out of prison and hung from a tree.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:

ironraven

Post by ironraven » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:17 am

LivelyToaster wrote: As to why they dress so blatantly obvious I dunno. Wish someone would answer why they were there too.
Just to play Devil's advocate, they were there watching the event? And lets face it, the blasts were towards the end of the race- lots of people already crossed. Maybe they had a buddy running and they'd already picked him up.

Or are we going to dive right into black helicopter land?
"Even if it's only the handful of people I happen to meet on the street or in my home, I can still protect them with one sword."

When a man go no longer speak without malice intended lest he cause offense, that is when truth starts to die.

There are three kinds of man- Man the Toolmaker, Man the Tool User, and man the tool.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:19 am

Speaking of tin foil hat brigade someone bought this site to "keep conspiracy nuts from getting it."

http://bostonmarathonconspiracy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder if he bought every combination of the name ... doubtful. :roll:

On a different note my $.02 is that the brothers did this due to isolation and disaffection. They picked the Boston Marathon simply because it was a large local event. They did not have much money or even transport to get out of the city.

They had to rob a C-store for traveling change. They did not even plan an escape.

They were broke dick losers who struck out at a close and convenient target they could assess via public transport because that was all they could afford.
Last edited by raptor on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:23 am

Chirpy wrote: And what's up with the camo SWAT uniforms? Lotta jungle and vegetation in Boston to blend in to lately?
That was Mass. State Police, not Boston PD, and camo makes perfect sense for them.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:27 am

shrapnel wrote:Just to engage in blatant speculation, they may have been there for extra security. And they may have been poorly disguised because they were not trying to be subtle about it.
"Extra security"... To do what exactly? About the only thing I've seen them doing was talking on a cell phone after the bombs went off. I've not seen any pics of them doing anything to help anyone.

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by shrapnel » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:32 am

KJ4VOV wrote:
shrapnel wrote:Just to engage in blatant speculation, they may have been there for extra security. And they may have been poorly disguised because they were not trying to be subtle about it.
"Extra security"... To do what exactly? About the only thing I've seen them doing was talking on a cell phone after the bombs went off. I've not seen any pics of them doing anything to help anyone.
Visible presence of people watching is sometimes a deterrent? And it presumably makes people feel safer? I don't know, I'm just guessing.

angelofwar
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, I Am Legend

Post by angelofwar » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:38 am

KJ4VOV wrote:
I get the "show of force" things...and maybe they were supposed to be watching for, oh, I dunno, people dropping a back-pack and walking off??? If they were payed to just hang around, and look tough, watch out for drunk trouble makers, what ever, then mission sucess. If they were paid to look for real security threats, they failed miserably. To be fair though, I;m not sure anyone saw the Boston Marathon as a "terrorist target"...my job, we're taught to look for stuff like that...abandoned parcels, shady characters (over dressed, etc.). But, all we can do is monday morning quarterback it, and learn from it, just like we did on 9-11.
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts..."
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... w#p2141127

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:41 am

raptor wrote:Speaking of tin foil hat brigade someone bought this site to "keep conspiracy nuts from getting it."

http://bostonmarathonconspiracy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder if he bought every combination of the name ... doubtful. :roll:

On a different note my $.02 is that the brothers did this due to isolation and disaffection. They picked the Boston Marathon simply because it was a large local event. They did not have much money or even transport to get out of the city.

They had to rob a C-store for traveling change. They did not even plan an escape.

They were broke dick losers who struck out at a close and convenient target they could assess via public transport because that was all they could afford.

Dontcha getit? That is what "they" want you to think. It is so much easier to think how the government tricked them into going to the marathon with back packs and then forced them at gun point to drive around the city throwing bombs at people live on TV. (I don't know if "think" is the right word here)

Those 4chan and reddit people solved the whole thing and the police are covering it all up by killing and wounded their own guys, at least the guys who were going to talk about it and tell the truth! It all makes perfect sense. All the videos they made were doctored! et al It is all part of the Cambridge/ illuminati/ Federal Reserve plot to prevent bitcoins from becoming the new world currency.

This thing practically writes itself.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Browning 35
BANNED
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:02 pm

raptor wrote:On a different note my $.02 is that the brothers did this due to isolation and disaffection. They picked the Boston Marathon simply because it was a large local event. They did not have much money or even transport to get out of the city.

Actually according to Police they didn't rob that convenience store.
Late Thursday: A robbery is reported at a convenience store. Massachusetts State Police spokesman Col. Timothy Alben initially said the two bombing suspects robbed the store. He later backtracked, saying the two men didn't rob a store, but one of the suspects was seen on security video from the store.

11 p.m.: Police respond to a call on the campus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where university police officer Sean Collier, 26, was shot. He died from his injuries. Police believe the bombing suspects were responsible for the shooting.
They did rob the victim of the car jacking though.

Made him go to three different ATM's, only got $800 out of one and kicked him out.
The above is pretty accurate though.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:

LivelyToaster

Post by LivelyToaster » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:03 pm

angelofwar wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:
I get the "show of force" things...and maybe they were supposed to be watching for, oh, I dunno, people dropping a back-pack and walking off??? If they were payed to just hang around, and look tough, watch out for drunk trouble makers, what ever, then mission sucess. If they were paid to look for real security threats, they failed miserably. To be fair though, I;m not sure anyone saw the Boston Marathon as a "terrorist target"...my job, we're taught to look for stuff like that...abandoned parcels, shady characters (over dressed, etc.). But, all we can do is monday morning quarterback it, and learn from it, just like we did on 9-11.
That was kind of my point... if they were all there for security they miserably failed. Wasn't venturing into black helicopter land... I think they'd be less obvious if they were there for ill intent. They had their label all over their clothing. Even a pair of suits in sunglasses, red ties, and ear peices in 120 degree weather on the beach would be less obvious.

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”