MIT Active Shooter

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

slannesh

Re: MIT Active Shooter

Post by slannesh » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:36 am

Sounds like they're entering several houses. A SWAT team cleared 14 Hazel and there are two other incidents of gunshots in the area... not sure how close. Laurel St was one of them, Spruce St was another. There's at least one more they're currently looking into
I'm not afraid of the dark, I'm afraid of what's *IN* the dark
~Anonymous

Ten Eight

Post by Ten Eight » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:42 am

"You don't understand! I coulda' had class. I coulda' been a contender. I coulda' been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."

Brotherbadger
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Curse of the Cannibal Confederates(so terrible it's great)

Post by Brotherbadger » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:46 am

Ten Eight wrote:Shooting vid: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Cqo1Ad6s ... qo1Ad6spkY

Listen to the end :shock:

:shock: I've been at ranges with less gunfire than that. Hope the police make it out unharmed.
Doc Torr wrote:You forgot to add that birdshot only hurts badguys, so you can bounce it off the floor, walls, or even yourself for nonlethal takedowns. Load some beanbags and dragon's Breath too, because you shouldn't stop shooting until they're on fire.

Ten Eight

Post by Ten Eight » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:48 am

"White male, hoody, black curly hair, armed with rifle and possible explosives".
"You don't understand! I coulda' had class. I coulda' been a contender. I coulda' been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."

nonamesaint

Post by nonamesaint » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:49 am

Am I hearing that correctly; They think the outstanding suspect is the same guy the FBI is showing with a white hat?

slannesh

Post by slannesh » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:49 am

Sounds like they just called the guy still at large as the one with the "White hat from the photos"

Confirmation that it's the marathon bombers?
I'm not afraid of the dark, I'm afraid of what's *IN* the dark
~Anonymous

phalanx

Post by phalanx » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:50 am

The description of the suspect at large (armed and dangerous) seems to match the description of the FBI's "Suspect 2" from the marathon bombings. White male, dark curly hair, grey hoodie.

Edit: wow, I'm late to the party
ninja-elbow wrote: ZSC:011 Oregon: We Bug Out wet, dry, at the coast or the high desert ... maybe even the mountains, in a town or in a valley or something....
"We are moral beings only to the extent that we are social beings" - Emile Durkheim

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:53 am

slannesh wrote:Sounds like they just called the guy still at large as the one with the "White hat from the photos"

Confirmation that it's the marathon bombers?
Crazy shit.
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

Ten Eight

Post by Ten Eight » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:53 am

I heard that too. Let's hope so.

lowjohn19

Post by lowjohn19 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:54 am

Both feeds are dead for me and my satellite just lost signal from rain. Please continue to update when you can.

phalanx

Post by phalanx » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:55 am

Sounds like there is confirmation about it being the bombers...
ninja-elbow wrote: ZSC:011 Oregon: We Bug Out wet, dry, at the coast or the high desert ... maybe even the mountains, in a town or in a valley or something....
"We are moral beings only to the extent that we are social beings" - Emile Durkheim

Ten Eight

Post by Ten Eight » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:55 am

There's an updated Reddit thread, but I don't have a link...browser force closed.

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:56 am

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6254/web" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This one is still working for me, the other one keeps turning off.
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

Ten Eight

Post by Ten Eight » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:01 am

The Tunein feed is still working for me on mobile.

phalanx

Post by phalanx » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:01 am

Boston globe is saying its the bombers and they have 1 in custody:http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/0 ... story.html

Here's the reddit thread with a through breakdown of police activities:http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1 ... of_boston/

Ten Eight

Post by Ten Eight » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:04 am

Suspect spotted running. Here we go. Arsenal? Street. Setting up a new box. Cypress and Dexter. Watertown PD in foot pursuit. SWAT assets only.

Get sommmmeeeeeeeee.

phalanx

Post by phalanx » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:06 am

Suspect in custody died from wounds at hospital:https://mobile.twitter.com/rafsanchez/s ... 2265794561

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:15 am

Apparently there are "bombs everywhere". Only 2 pipebombs officially, but easily more could be in the area as they were reportedly throwing them from the car while driving.

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Post by TDW586 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:16 am

You guys are faster than Twitter by quite a bit. Go ZS!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:18 am

Nuts. Photo of shot that went through someone's wall and chair.

https://twitter.com/AKitz/status/325132 ... 44/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lowjohn19

Post by lowjohn19 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:21 am

Ten Eight wrote:The Tunein feed is still working for me on mobile.
Got it back now. Thanks.

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Post by TDW586 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:29 am

The scanner on TuneIn is of limited use, I guarantee most of the action is happening on their tac channels and talkabouts.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

phalanx

Post by phalanx » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:29 am

I keep getting an error message for the forum, we must be lit up with traffic...

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:29 am

People are saying another officer down, but if I heard it correctly the guy said "officer down... down here in {location}" I don't think he meant officer down he just used a poor choice of words. Or I could be behind.

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”