Free plastic hardware & buckles for the DIY crowd

Useful links. If you want to pimp a site related to the forum discussions do it here.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Civilian Scout

Free plastic hardware & buckles for the DIY crowd

Post by Civilian Scout » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:36 pm

"Plastic buckles and closure components have been designed and manufactured for over 25 years by ITW Nexus. In fact, in 1977, we invented the original Side Release buckle that revolutionized the closure market. The following web catalog contains ITW Nexus’ standard plastic buckle and closure offerings of products that we have developed through the years. If you do not find a solution to your plastic hardware needs, please contact ITW Nexus to review your exact closure demands."

http://www.itwnexus.com/

You can order free samples, limited to 5 of any individual item and a total of 15 items per order. They have buckles, cord locks, cord ends, hooks, links, clips, swivels and plenty of other stuff. I ordered some cord ends for the paracord pulls I put on my fleece jacket, and some cord locs for shockcord tie-downs on my pack. While you can only place small orders, bear in mind that the stuff is completely FREE!

I particularly like these emergency whistles. They are of one-piece, virtually unbreakable construction, with a built-in clip and lanyard loop. They are VERY loud, and they come in my favorite color. :)
"Now, let us gather our strength from the violence of the elements!" - Captain Terror

IllicitDreams
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most anything Romero, Shaun Of The Dead, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, you know the basics...

Re: Free plastic hardware & buckles for the DIY crowd

Post by IllicitDreams » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:45 pm

Civilian Scout wrote:"Plastic buckles and closure components have been designed and manufactured for over 25 years by ITW Nexus. In fact, in 1977, we invented the original Side Release buckle that revolutionized the closure market. The following web catalog contains ITW Nexus’ standard plastic buckle and closure offerings of products that we have developed through the years. If you do not find a solution to your plastic hardware needs, please contact ITW Nexus to review your exact closure demands."

http://www.itwnexus.com/

You can order free samples, limited to 5 of any individual item and a total of 15 items per order. They have buckles, cord locks, cord ends, hooks, links, clips, swivels and plenty of other stuff. I ordered some cord ends for the paracord pulls I put on my fleece jacket, and some cord locs for shockcord tie-downs on my pack. While you can only place small orders, bear in mind that the stuff is completely FREE!

I particularly like these emergency whistles. They are of one-piece, virtually unbreakable construction, with a built-in clip and lanyard loop. They are VERY loud, and they come in my favorite color. :)
I ordered stuff from them last time their link was posted in the Bug Out Gear section and my order never came. It's been over 2 months.

Civilian Scout

Post by Civilian Scout » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:54 pm

IllicitDreams wrote:I ordered stuff from them last time their link was posted in the Bug Out Gear section and my order never came. It's been over 2 months.
Bummer. I've placed five or six orders over the past year and it's never taken more than about 10 days to get my stuff. :?
"Now, let us gather our strength from the violence of the elements!" - Captain Terror

IllicitDreams
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most anything Romero, Shaun Of The Dead, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, you know the basics...

Post by IllicitDreams » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:35 pm

I gave it another shot... hopefully I get the order this time.

Civilian Scout

Post by Civilian Scout » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:34 am

This is a new record. I got my order in three days! :D

Gunny

Post by Gunny » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:03 pm

CS I need to make a set of retention cords for my slumberjack sleeping pad. Any recommendations?

Civilian Scout

Post by Civilian Scout » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:22 pm

Gunny wrote:CS I need to make a set of retention cords for my slumberjack sleeping pad. Any recommendations?
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by retention cords. Just something to keep it rolled up tight? If so, I'd use some shockcord (550 cord would work too, but I'd prefer shockcord since it would increase compression) and some of these cord locks.

http://www.itwnexus.com/catalog/index.p ... /c/15/p/45

Gunny

Post by Gunny » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:16 pm

Civilian Scout wrote:
Gunny wrote:CS I need to make a set of retention cords for my slumberjack sleeping pad. Any recommendations?
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by retention cords. Just something to keep it rolled up tight? If so, I'd use some shockcord (550 cord would work too, but I'd prefer shockcord since it would increase compression) and some of these cord locks.

Exactly, thanks :)

Civilian Scout

Post by Civilian Scout » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:46 pm

Gunny wrote:
Civilian Scout wrote:

Exactly, thanks :)
Success! :D

I got four of those cord locks in the package I received this morning. I've been sitting here fiddling with them and they're pretty cool.

I also got some zipper pulls with a built-in whistle. I think I'll put these on the jackets I most frequently wear when hiking. Pretty neat stuff... and free!

http://www.itwnexus.com/catalog/index.p ... /c/17/p/95

Gunny

Post by Gunny » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:04 pm

Ordered some zipper pulls (with whistles), whistles and toasters.

Thanks again CS.

IllicitDreams

Post by IllicitDreams » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:29 am

I got em this time... I wonder what happened to the last order.

Gunny

Post by Gunny » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:24 pm

Got mine today, thanks again CS.

Post by 66606 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:42 pm

Great link, once I've measured the webbing I'll be getting some clips for my BOV and defitnately one of the whistles.

JohnWest

Post by JohnWest » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:36 am

Nice information. I will get these soon.

Return to “Links”