how many of you think a zombie Apocalypse will never happen

Topics regarding the study of zombie behavior and physiology. Know your enemy.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moparmodeler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Omaga Man

Re: how many of you think a zombie Apocalypse will never hap

Post by moparmodeler » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:22 pm

djblocker88 wrote:Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, Real Zombies/Ghosts D:
Yea what dj said ^
Keeping the Fire Power lit.

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:30 pm

I was referring to the real, pre-scrappy, animated Hannah-Barbera tv series "Scooby-Doo" that premiered in 1969. Not the hideous straight to video counterfeits foisted on the public by Mook [and, in all likellihood, Robot Squad!] animation in the 90s. Standards people. Authenticity.
Last edited by squinty on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

moparmodeler

Post by moparmodeler » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:42 pm

I am with you squinty! I am just having some fun.

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:48 pm

moparmodeler wrote:I am with you squinty! I am just having some fun.
Fun? FUN!? Grow up man, this is srsbidness! We're talking about scooby-doo!
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:13 pm

No. Not ever.
After skimming through this thread, I have to say that it's been a great way to draw out the nutjobs and jerks.
*WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological or emotional damage sustained by the reader is NOT the responsibility of the contributor.
Image Red Wire Rules!!

djblocker88

Post by djblocker88 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:48 pm

squinty wrote:
moparmodeler wrote:I am with you squinty! I am just having some fun.
Fun? FUN!? Grow up man, this is srsbidness! We're talking about scooby-doo!
Hey now, the first two direct to video wasn't bad! :awesome:

moparmodeler

Post by moparmodeler » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Scrappy was Crappy. I too am a pre Scrappy, Scooby fan.

djblocker88

Post by djblocker88 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:30 pm

moparmodeler wrote:Scrappy was Crappy. I too am a pre Scrappy, Scooby fan.
For some reason I don't think they put scrappy in the most recent movies. Damn little pup was pretty annoying. I'm glad he didn't make an appearance lol.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:21 pm

A critical analysis of Scrappy-Doo in the context of revisionist Scooby-Doo programming. In a thread about Zombie Biology.

Where else, I posit, can one find such a scholarly exchange on the internet?

That's right: only at ZS.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 pm

The rising or re-animation of the dead or recently deceased. No. Impossible. Never ever.

A mutated rabies like rage virus. Unlikely but not impossible.

Scrappy-Doo? That dog needs to be put down and buried along with new Coke, Harley Davidson perfume, Zima, smokeless cigarettes and Pepsi Clear.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Shame on you. E-cigs are awesome.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:06 pm

Evan the Diplomat wrote: needs to be put down and buried along with new Coke, Harley Davidson perfume, Zima, smokeless cigarettes and Pepsi Clear.
Wait. :rofl: Wait. Are you telling me that someone has actually bottled the deliciously intoxicating aroma of sweaty leather and four stroke motorcycle exhaust?

Do tell! :crazy:

djblocker88

Post by djblocker88 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:31 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote: needs to be put down and buried along with new Coke, Harley Davidson perfume, Zima, smokeless cigarettes and Pepsi Clear.
Wait. :rofl: Wait. Are you telling me that someone has actually bottled the deliciously intoxicating aroma of sweaty leather and four stroke motorcycle exhaust?

These would make a fine adition to the perfume yes?

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:47 am

majorhavoc wrote:

I have no idea what is smelled like, but there it is.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/photos/top- ... /#photo-19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:00 am

I actually liked scooby doo on zombie island....
everything else new is a steaming pile.. :vmad:

OT,
dead dead.... nope
last I checked muscles aren't magic, sure you can give them a zap and the will contract... if they are in proper working order..
starve them of atp, and all the electricty in the world isn't going to help...

the problem starts there...
in order for your muscles to atp, -they need to receive glucose
in order to receive glucose, - there needs to be circulating blood ( with glucose)
in order to have circulating blood, - you need a beating heart...
ETC

not to mention oxygen... digestion... or the rotting of tissue...

now if we are talking "batshit crazy\swiss cheese brain" zombie...

I think its "possible",
assuming it happens?... I would put good money on some scientist creating it...
we humans have an uncanny nact for screwing with shit, for no other reason that to screw with shit.

I started reading this thread to see whats people thought of the real topic...
I kept reading once the newbie got butt hurt and decided to fight the man, and go down guns a blazing... classic

I'm a terrible person :awesome:
I never fit in. That's my role in life, to be the outcast.

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

squinty

Post by squinty » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:36 am

crypto wrote:I'm surprised that this thread has gone on for so many pages without someone mentioning the coming robot rebellion.
Robot Squad is that way -->

Necrosion

Post by Necrosion » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:45 am

You guys have to open up your imaginations and broaden your reading horizons. I have the plot device for the living dead, people. It's probably been done already, I mean hint- Michael Crichton did it. He just didn't apply it to the "zombie problem".

So anyway, I think the robot thing is way more likely than the zombie thing, but why not have BOTH!?!

Ah screw it, I have this in a book I wrote, which maybe I will pimp later. But someone is going to do this to solve the "zombie problem".

"Dead" Zombies? The answer is Nanocytes. They can take care of every biological problem because they take the place of all those pesky "living" systems and can duplicate the base functions of cellular activity, etc. Nanocytes can be as small as a virus. They also self-replicate and can be programmed. They are also mobile.

Say some irresponsible group was experimenting with nano-tech, and they botched one of their "medical machine" recipes. Say these were self-replicating machines, living off of killing cancer cells or some other thing and these ostensibly life-saving machines were accidentally (or intentionally?) misprogrammed, and now...now the nanocytes go after something else. They act toward an unintended consequence. Before you know it, the entire world population could be "infected" by these "machines", and most of them might even die from this infection. Perhaps a small percentage of the population has immune systems robust enough to just reject the nanocytes. They are "immune". While they are alive. But the nanocytes infect everybody else and kill them. For a while. That is until the nanocytes set up shop in the lymphatic & circulatory system and do their thing, reanimating the corpses. The nanocytes themselves are not conscious beyond their unintended programming, but they are responsible for lighting up brain stems that are beyond their expiration dates, causing... issues.

Problem?
Besides lots of left out and glossed-over details, the most basic thing is that Nano tech like this is pure science fiction at this point. It's unachievable with our current technology, and probably always will be unless there are some incredible breakthroughs in a whole boatload of scientific stuff.

But it is the possible solution to the "living dead" problem. It is a possible way for the dead to come back to "life".

Recon101
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil Degeneration, The Walking Dead, Dead, and 28 Days and Weeks later.

how many of you think a zombie Apocalypse will never happen

Post by Recon101 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:03 am

Doc Torr wrote:
Recon101 wrote: If you believe Lawn Gnomes are going to suddenly become animated and take over the planet
GOD DAMMIT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP AFTER READING THAT

Fatal T all Lawn Gnomes within a 50 mile radius of your home? I believe that would give you a few days...
"Typos brought to you by Auto Correct."

djblocker88

Post by djblocker88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:16 am

Doc Torr wrote:
Recon101 wrote: If you believe Lawn Gnomes are going to suddenly become animated and take over the planet
GOD DAMMIT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP AFTER READING THAT
..... Freaky...my mother and law has tons and tons of lawn gnomes around her house. Maybe she is one of them now. :shock:

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:27 am

A bunch of craziness split from this topic and moved to random stupid bullshit in the graveyard.
Angry Peasants, musings on guns and the state of our world

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:17 pm

squinty wrote:I was referring to the real, pre-scrappy, animated Hannah-Barbera tv series "Scooby-Doo" that premiered in 1969. Not the hideous straight to video counterfeits foisted on the public by Mook [and, in all likellihood, Robot Squad!] animation in the 90s. Standards people. Authenticity.
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Czechnology wrote:
squinty wrote:I was referring to the real, pre-scrappy, animated Hannah-Barbera tv series "Scooby-Doo" that premiered in 1969. Not the hideous straight to video counterfeits foisted on the public by Mook [and, in all likellihood, Robot Squad!] animation in the 90s. Standards people. Authenticity.

"Impetuous, yes, you can allow that in a small, talking dog that speaks English quite well. But I simply can't abide his incontinence problem! I mean that little mutt positively urinated all over our brand new persian carpet during the last party we invited him to! And then he had the audacity to insist it was merely a display of his "Puppy Power"! Shocking, wouldn't you say? "

Domitian

Post by Domitian » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Zombies maybe, apocalypse no. By movie imaginings I have never seen the sort of zombie that could
actually cause an end to civilization as we know it. No matter how numerous a non intelligent foe is, the odds of an intelligent adversary besting it are extremely high. Of course, no true zombie would be possible without technological intervention and in that case I think it would be a technology ruled out by other innovations.
Just as the middle ages did not eventually invent armor impervious to the sword (as we have) there will not be the possibility of zombies (as in the remake of dawn of the dead) without other technologies making them useless.

Maybe in the future we'll have the tech to create a zombie apocalypse but if it were to be effective we would have a whole different animal than what is portrayed on the big screen.
Even with modern people, there would need to be a whole different animal to challenge them. Modern people would spank zombie ass in the thousands and they would never be a threat. I doubt that an outbreak could even occur given the circumstances.
Now, in more primitive ages, say 1500- AD, you might have a credible threat, but that would involve aliens, gods or time trailers. Just not very likely.

Fathom

Post by Fathom » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:11 am

I think a lot of people here are basing opinions of it never happening on the fact we've never seen something similar before.
However there are instances in nature of almost zombie like attributes. creatures, insects, parasites which take over a host and control them at there will.

as murphy's law says, if something can happen it more than likely will (my own words i don't think anyone really knows the original phrasing lol).
That being said, who is to know if there is a force in nature, an organism or virus still undiscovered sitting in nature ( at this juncture i'll remind everything that the nature of our planet is still horrendously under scrutinized or explored ) will come about that maybe not exactly like the "zombies" we associate with from popular culture but anything along the lines like the t-virus (resident evil) or KV ( i am legend ).

Of course in both the instances mentioned above we are dealing with a man made virus. Who is to say that with the undeniable surge in the interest in zombie culture that somebody isn't out there right now, developing a way to make it a reality. The world is filled with psychos after all.

Prepare for anything, be surprised by nothing.

Catch ya on the flipside,
Fathom
(only my second post, so excited lol)

Return to “Zombie Biology”