how many of you think a zombie Apocalypse will never happen

Topics regarding the study of zombie behavior and physiology. Know your enemy.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Re: how many of you think a zombie Apocalypse will never hap

Post by squinty » Tue May 15, 2012 2:55 am

Draug wrote:
That is true, none of us have indisputable facts regarding our origin and purpose. Many like to base their knowledge on a very famous, fictional book that has a four syllable title while the truely enlightened individuals are the ones who can just say, "I don't know".

Lee: it was a veiled slap at people who use the Bible in a certain way, in a post where it didn't have to be brought up at all. I happen to feel very similarly, but even I thought he was being a little dickish.
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

gabriel012

Post by gabriel012 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:53 am

http://forolaproximaguerra.com/viewtopi ... 1173#p1173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Project Z
General Wesley Clark, revealed the U.S. plan to invade seven countries, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Somalia, Sudan, Egypt and Iran.
Thomas Donilon (national security adviser to President Obama), warned President Putin that "the world could be about to enter a new kind of war" the Russian leader abruptly canceled a scheduled meeting with U.S. counterpart and attend the G8 summit because of fears that the U.S. is about to launch a world war all by most recent bulletins Foreign Ministry.
To this, a senior Pentagon official who asked to remain anonymous, announced what could be one of the plans developed by the U.S. government to neutralize Iran's nuclear program.
According to the official conventional or nuclear war would lead to an unprecedented escalation would start World War III, so it is discarded, internal destabilization also dismissed by the CIA as was done successfully in Libya and Egypt.

The U.S. plan, named Project Z, would be a covert attack with biological agents, apparently successfully developed a highly contagious virus can affect the brain, causing the individual to have hyperactivity, anxiety, depression, delirium, feelings of violence, a desire to attack, paralysis, throat spasms (hydrophobia), causing social chaos and the immobilization of the entire system. This would be a retrovirus like other carries an envelope protein, which has an RNA genome (RNA) and single stranded unusual replicates through a double-stranded DNA intermediate form. This process is carried out using an enzyme: retro transcriptase or reverse transcriptase, which directs the synthesis of DNA through RNA and has a remarkable importance in the genetic manipulation. Once it has passed single-stranded RNA to DNA is inserted into the DNA of the infected cell itself which acts as a more gene.
Laboratory responsible for the development is none other than the same which markets Tamiflu, which belongs to Donald Rumsfeld (Secretary of Defense of the administration of Gerald Ford from 1975 to 1977, and George W. Bush between 2001 and 2006)
According to the source, the H1N1 flu pandemic was not just a harmless test to determine the rate of global spread of a new virus, and funds from the sale of tamiflu in part defrayed by the development of the new virus.
The ambitious plan aims to create an Endemic in Iran.
The government commissioned a mathematical modeling to researchers Philip Munz, Ioan Hudea, Joe Imad and Robert J. Smith. The result of it showed how easily this could spiral out of control, so the contingency plan is already underway.
The page of the CDC advises American citizens and how to act before a zombie apocalypse, as well as the creation of the website "Map of the dead" safe places showing an eventuality of an outbreak and the recent documentary After Armageddon (after Armageddon) a special for The History Channel.
All this in line for a potential pandemic out of control.
At the same time former CIA agent Bob Baer stated "There is a symbiosis between the CIA and Hollywood" and revealed that former CIA Director George Tenet is currently in Hollywood, talking to studios. (Matthew Alford and Robbie Graham, Lights, Camera ... Covert Action: The Deep Politics of Hollywood, Global Research) providing financial support in film that can alert and "awareness" to the U.S. citizen to do if they are transformed into a pandemic this virus.
In line with the plans of the Pentagon and the CIA Henry Kissinger declared to agree with this ambitious plan and responds with the phrase "the crisis and chaos is the opportunity to establish a new order"

At first glance it seems fiction but it is worth remembering the experiments conducted by the U.S. in its own people:

1950 San Francisco sprayed with bacteria and cases of pneumonia are triggered
1953 is sprayed with zinc cadmium sulfide zones Winnipeg, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Fort Wayne Monocacy Valley in Maryland, and Leesburg, Virginia.
1953 is sprayed with Serratia marcescens and Bacillus glogigii the cities of New York and San Francisco.
1955 is sprayed bacteria in Tampa Bay, Florida to see its effect in the population.
1956 is sprayed with yellow fever mosquito Tampa Bay Florida
1966 is sprayed with Bacillus ubtilis the new York Metro can affect one million people.
1968 experienced the poisoning of drinking water by introducing chemicals into the water supply of Washington DC.
In 1977se Healed made public from that between 1949 and 1969 were sprayed with biological agents up to 239 populated areas. Areas such as San Francisco, Washington DC, U.S. West Center, Panama City and St. Louis Minneapolis.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Wed May 23, 2012 1:11 pm

What the hell is this drivel? The hyperlink is to the exact same text in a Spanish language forum with absolutely no supporting documentation. I googled "Project Z General Wesley Clark U.S. plan to invade seven countries" and the search results read like a who's who of crackpot tinfoil new world order websites.

And FYI: former General Wesley Clark retired from the military in 2000 and as far as I know, his only connection to the Obama administration is as co-chair of some private ethanol industry lobbying group.

Gabriel012, I welcomed you to ZS in your introduction thread and I meant that. But if you're going to last here, you need to read up on the forum rules, lurk long enough to understand the underlying culture here, and refrain from lobbing loony-bin politico-firebombs into the first thread topics that happen to catch your eye.

MRBLACK

Post by MRBLACK » Thu May 24, 2012 2:15 pm

majorhavoc wrote:What the hell is this drivel? The hyperlink is to the exact same text in a Spanish language forum with absolutely no supporting documentation. I googled "Project Z General Wesley Clark U.S. plan to invade seven countries" and the search results read like a who's who of crackpot tinfoil new world order websites.

And FYI: former General Wesley Clark retired from the military in 2000 and as far as I know, his only connection to the Obama administration is as co-chair of some private ethanol industry lobbying group.

Gabriel012, I welcomed you to ZS in your introduction thread and I meant that. But if you're going to last here, you need to read up on the forum rules, lurk long enough to understand the underlying culture here, and refrain from lobbing loony-bin politico-firebombs into the first thread topics that happen to catch your eye.
damn!

Vicarious_Lee
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Thu May 24, 2012 2:24 pm

squinty wrote:
Draug wrote:
That is true, none of us have indisputable facts regarding our origin and purpose. Many like to base their knowledge on a very famous, fictional book that has a four syllable title while the truely enlightened individuals are the ones who can just say, "I don't know".

Lee: it was a veiled slap at people who use the Bible in a certain way, in a post where it didn't have to be brought up at all. I happen to feel very similarly, but even I thought he was being a little dickish.
Squinty, darling, I was being sarcastic, and honestly not in a subtle, passive-aggressive way, but in a "Spiked bat with a puppy nailed to it" way. :lol:
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Thu May 24, 2012 2:47 pm

Vicarious_Lee wrote:
squinty wrote:
Draug wrote:

Squinty, darling, I was being sarcastic, and honestly not in a subtle, passive-aggressive way, but in a "Spiked bat with a puppy nailed to it" way. :lol:
Lee, sweetheart, forgive me Dear Sheep I should have given you more credit. :lol:
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu May 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Yes well ummm....

"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Thu May 24, 2012 4:24 pm

squinty wrote:
Vicarious_Lee wrote: Squinty, darling, I was being sarcastic, and honestly not in a subtle, passive-aggressive way, but in a "Spiked bat with a puppy nailed to it" way. :lol:
Lee, sweetheart, forgive me Dear Sheep I should have given you more credit. :lol:
Oh for crying out loud, just get a room you two! :lol:

squinty

Post by squinty » Thu May 31, 2012 10:21 pm

A zombie apocalypse will never happen. Real actual stuff has happened that's every bit as scary, or scarier.

There's a movie out called "chernobyl diaries." Monsters stalk kids in a town abandoned after the Chernobyl meltdown. Silly monster fiction. OK. Nowhere near as scary as, say, living in that town or the surrounding area in 1986. I'll take the monsters over the disaster.

Crimson Phoenix
Favorite Zombie Movies: Virtually any Romero film, 28 Days Later, Zombieland, but I didn't care much for the Resident Evil trilogy.

Post by Crimson Phoenix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:51 am

I feel as though the CIS getting back together and reforming the USSR (with or without Red Dawn happening) is more likely than real live zombies, or zombie-like beings within my lifetime. That said, there's a whole mess of bad stuff that can happen and has happened in my short quarter century to make me more worried.

Visionz

Post by Visionz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:27 pm

This is from the CDC

" There are all kinds of emergencies out
there that we can prepare for. Take a
zombie apocalypse for example. That’s
right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-
e. You may laugh now, but when it
happens you’ll be happy you read this, and
hey, maybe you’ll even learn a thing or two
about how to prepare for a real emergency."

http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatter ... pocalypse/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can something like a zombie apocalypse happen?
Yes

Will we ever see flesh eating dead people walking around with severed arms that can only be killed by some major damage to the cranium?
Hell no!

Blitzen2k5

Post by Blitzen2k5 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:56 pm

I dont think a zombie apocalypse is even remotely possible. I believe its completely impossible. Here is my logic.

First look at the dead rising zombie apocalypse. You have to count just how many zombies you would have in the initial first wave. People in graves are out. 4 feet of dirt, a sealed coffin, and a cement vault pretty much rule them out. You probably cant count the imbalmed since the fluid does things to the tissue. So that leaves you with the recently dead, in the past 24 hours. According the census 150,000 people die everyday in the world. So that is an army of 150k spread out all over the world against 7 billion living. Yah you would have some getting bit or whatever and turning but honestly I doubt it would be a huge number. Basically that small amount of zombies spread out over such a wide spread area...... it aint gonna happen.

This is one thing about undead zombie movies that always annoys me. When they show the beginning of it all you got these hordes of zombies. When in reality it would be maybe 10 or 20 at most in an area.

Next you have the viral zombie. Its got a quick burn time. Even the most lethal viruses have incubation times of days and weeks. This zombie virus, to be a zombie apocalypse would have to have a very short incubation time. Something like hours or even minutes. This means its too hot to spread effectively so its going to burn itself out long before it can spread to any appreciable number of people. So it would have to have a longer incubation. Something like days or weeks. This gives a lot of time for medical personnel to figure out whats going on. And lets the world prepare for it.

Next its transferred through contact with bodily fluid. Not a good medium for delivery. Its slow to pass on with contact. So its going to spread very slowly. It would have to be airborne to be able to spread to mass numbers. And mutation rules that as a being highly unlikely early on.

Lastly is the symptoms leading up to the "change". There would be symptoms. They would be noticeable. Now they might pass off as a common cold or flu symptoms. But still it would be realized real quick that its not a normal cold or flu. Again giving medical personnel time to figure out something is wrong.

So no I dont think a zombie apocalypse is possible.
Looking down at this barren land once known as home before. Destruction, all the world. It's an ending we have brought.
Wyatt Earth Lyrics

All the evil in the world can be seen in the eyes of a chicken.

Mild Thang
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Fido, Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Zombieland, and then House of the Dead 2 and Day of the Dead, just for how horrible they were. Cheese goes a long way with me.

Post by Mild Thang » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:23 pm

A hundred years ago, did anyone think going to the moon was possible, let alone manning an International Space Station (and having a movie starring a bartender from New Jersey saving the entire planet from from an asteroid)?

Keep an open mind. Humans are capable of weird shit.

I don't think anybody takes Zombies completely seriously. Nobody gets up and clears their house every morning looking for walking corpses. When there are walking corpses, though, an awful lot of people are going to feel pretty dumb, just before teeth. :D
Marlin Model 60SN .22lr
Mossberg 500 12 ga.
Beretta 92FS 9mm
Para Ord SF45-A .45ACP

djblocker88

Post by djblocker88 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:03 pm

Honestly I don't think the whole dying and coming back as a zombie apocalypse will happen. It would have to be a type of enhanced/mutated rabies or rage virus, or one that is highly infectious and turns the brain into Swiss cheese (See mad cow's disease or the African equivalent .

Or maybe some wide spread chemical spraying/terrorist attack with the stuff that is in "bath salts" that would drive most of the population insane and paranoid. I am not even sure if it could be manufactured to become airborn or if the water supply could be tainted honestly. if anything the whole ordeal would last a few hours if that drug was used.

Also most Christan churches have safe guards on coffins, such as nailing them, and cementing over them. they are/were very superstitious about the dead rising for some reason lol.

pascalywood
Favorite Zombie Movies: Walking Dead
Dawn of the Dead
28 Days later
28 weeks later
Zombie Strippers

Post by pascalywood » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:35 pm

I dont think a zombie apocalypse is possible at all. Even if there was one, it wouldnt last long. The cold, the heat, the insects, the bacterias, all that would contribute to decay the walking corpses at a fast and furious rate. Add in the quantity of people who own firearms plus the military and the police, most zombies would suffer from a lead intoxication. Also, organisms like the CDC and the WHO would step in.

But hey, a guy can dream. :wink:

moparmodeler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Omaga Man

Post by moparmodeler » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:08 am

The walking dead a reality?........

This question depends a lot on "personal" definition. With that I say YES!
What if we look at just mostly brain dead but not comatose.
1) have you watched a teenager wake up in the morning? Harmless, yet annoying.
2) LSD. Dangerous, scary and a reality.
3) Have you never watched Scooby Doo?
Keeping the Fire Power lit.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:32 am

moparmodeler wrote:The walking dead a reality?........

:(

LSD was your go-to evil-psycho-zombie-drug?
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

squinty

Post by squinty » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:24 am

Best thing about Scooby Doo? The monster was always fake. Always. Never was there a real ghost, zombie or vampire. Never once was the supernatural explanation for events validated. It was always some crook, liar or con artist in a suit trying to convince people that the supernatural was a real possibility.

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:47 am

squinty wrote:

Best thing about Scooby Doo? The monster was always fake. Always. Never was there a real ghost, zombie or vampire. Never once was the supernatural explanation for events validated. It was always some crook, liar or con artist in a suit trying to convince people that the supernatural was a real possibility.
"Yeah, and it would have worked too, if it hadn't been for those meddlin' kids!"

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:35 am

I'm surprised that this thread has gone on for so many pages without someone mentioning the coming robot rebellion.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

moparmodeler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Omaga Man

Post by moparmodeler » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:39 am

I don't remember robots in Scooby Doo.

But Dr. Who.....That's another story!

Exterminate, Exterminate!
Keeping the Fire Power lit.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:44 am

crypto wrote:I'm surprised that this thread has gone on for so many pages without someone mentioning the coming robot rebellion.
You mean the coming zombie robot rebellion.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 am

crypto wrote:I'm surprised that this thread has gone on for so many pages without someone mentioning the coming robot rebellion.
Robot Squad has that covered.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

djblocker88

Post by djblocker88 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:15 pm

CarolinaPeach wrote:
squinty wrote:

"Yeah, and it would have worked too, if it hadn't been for those meddlin' kids!"
Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, Real Zombies/Ghosts D:

Return to “Zombie Biology”