Zombie Power Generator

Topics regarding the study of zombie behavior and physiology. Know your enemy.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

El_Dickman

Zombie Power Generator

Post by El_Dickman » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:14 pm

Thought of reviving this thread, but figured this could go on it's own:

http://zombiesquad.theedge.net/phpbb2/v ... c.php?t=33

Given the assumptions that (1) there can be such a thing as a zombie, (2) zombies can move an extremely long time on no food and (3) zombies will keep moving in a direction given a target we could make a zombie-powered generator. You know, the zombie on a treadmill attached to a generator's flywheel type of thing.

The laws of conservation of energy be damned!

Or do zombies chow on stuff when there are no humans around as to avoid violating the laws of physics? Maybe they lay in the sun like lizards? Or are wind powered?

I'm trying to come up with a cute zombie-battery Matrix reference but am too tired. I'll try again after some red bull and a nap. :lol:
El Dickman - KD0BWU

I survived. That's all. :P

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:44 pm

I'm going to move this over to the "Zombie Biology" forum section. I think its better suited there.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

itsallover

Post by itsallover » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:51 pm

"Hey sir, the lights are goin'down"
"Chuck in another bucket o' zombies there son"
"Aye aye captain!"

Yeah sounds like a good idea considering we could harness them up somehow so they move in only one direction to create some type of energy source.
Last edited by itsallover on Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a dead world all we have is eachother

BURZUM

Post by BURZUM » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:03 pm

Zombie hamsters.....hmmmm, could work!

StalinsLastStand

Post by StalinsLastStand » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:34 pm

Could you get it moving fast enough, or along with that, produce enough energy through the slow motion?
Death solves all problems, No man, No problem.
Ranger0402 wrote:Anyone whose BOB contains black lipstick is a moron. It's the PAW, not the Matrix. . . Don't take yourself so seriously Trinity.

Moonrabbit

Post by Moonrabbit » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:57 pm

I think Stalin's picture there is the epitomy of what we're talking about here...

El_Dickman

Post by El_Dickman » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:45 am

Moonrabbit wrote:I think Stalin's picture there is the epitomy of what we're talking about here...
Yah, that's what got me thinking about it. ;)
El Dickman - KD0BWU

I survived. That's all. :P

str8razer

Why a moving zombie?

Post by str8razer » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:44 pm

Just put them in an enormous pit with a dome on the top and collect the methane from thier rotting corpses. They would need to move, just lay there, writhing and out-gassing. As the bottom groups rotted, you throw new ones on the top. Should power the planet a decade or so. And if enough of them were left in the wild to bite, and we repopulated really fast, we have a RENEWABLE power source.

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:48 pm

If you read Magestorm's journal he removes zombie brains and harnesses the electricity they create to power batteries and the like.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/themagestorm/
Taking the practical out of tactical.

Synfyre

Post by Synfyre » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:56 pm

he aslo makes lazers out of toy tazers and those alien crystals, then they explode!

theclockwork

Post by theclockwork » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:06 pm

BUMP

I like the idea of asking what does zombie run on. Does he need food or will be just run till he has no flesh left?
Zoë: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Benjamin Franklin "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Ben

Post by Ben » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:12 pm

Rum.

No wait that is pirates.

I think zombies run on their muscle and then cease to be in about a month. I can't explain Romero's timeline except to say.....A Wizard did it.
Gregoriev wrote:I'm not shooting you down for stupidity, but this is like saying "In case of zombies I'll just build my own rocket to mars! blastoff wooohooo!!!! no more zombie! lolz!"

wardog911

Re: Zombie Power Generator

Post by wardog911 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:06 am

I would build a big wheel like a water wheel but use zombies in it. as long as they keep walking i can use gears to up the speed and make power. with enough of them i could make allot of power. maybe have a Chechen or goat to teas them in to walking faster.

Mission_Survivor
Favorite Zombie Movies: NoLD ('68 & '90 remake) DotD (remake) Walking Dead (series AMC)

Post by Mission_Survivor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:29 pm

I would wonder, do raver zombies decompose at a faster rate due to higher metabolic demands. And would Romero Type Zombies move fast enough to generate enough power, or that could just be solved with gear ratios... The Zombie Brain Battery is a cool concept, but limited by decomposition rate. Also "shelf-life" of the infected is also questionable.

alessandro

Post by alessandro » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:35 pm

El_Dickman wrote:Given the assumptions that (1) there can be such a thing as a zombie, (2) zombies can move an extremely long time on no food and (3) zombies will keep moving in a direction given a target we could make a zombie-powered generator. You know, the zombie on a treadmill attached to a generator's flywheel type of thing.
Sure, put aside put them inside a super strong sealed container.
StalinsLastStand wrote:Could you get it moving fast enough, or along with that, produce enough energy through the slow motion?
Perhaps the velocity isn't a problem, using slow generators capable of generating large amounts of power if handled with sufficient force, so If you chained in long horizontal rows a series of zombi, making them circling, and put a piece of meat above their eyes, at a height unreachable.
But it would not be easy to think at restrictions that prevent them to break their body from their strength.
Also a similar system require more space, so greater quantities of zombies that walk, compared to the use of runners zombie.

Return to “Zombie Biology”