Pregnant Women in World War Z

Topics regarding the study of zombie behavior and physiology. Know your enemy.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Will a zombie attack a terminally ill mother's healthy baby if it was still in her stomach?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 9

Neon

Post by Neon » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 am

Hey there everyone.

I know that it's just a movie, but I just got done watching World War Z again and me and a friend started talking about the possibility that mankind NEVER finds the cure against the zombie epidemic (in the film), well if they don't, then what?

That's when it hit me.

The next generation of children to be born (after the generation that infected themselves) will be completely vulnerable until about the age of 1 (when they're about healthy enough to receive the vaccines to "camouflage") and even then their weak immune systems might not be able to stand up to the virus being injected into them, right? Plus, that would mean that for their first whole year those children would have to be in isolation to avoid the possibility of zombies catching scent of them.

On another note, would pregnant mothers still be attacked by zombies as well? While they're infected with some sort of terminal disease, their child wouldn't be, unless it's passed down genetically, which isn't always the case. Do you think that zombies, whose nature according to the movie is to ONLY go after healthy people, would attack a healthy unborn child still in their sick mother's womb since they (the children) could still be viable hosts for the disease?

impulse76

Re: Pregnant Women in World War Z

Post by impulse76 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:58 pm

Wouldn't the fetus also become infected with the terminal disease, seeing as it is sharing immune systems with the mother?

sventhewarrior
Favorite Zombie Movies: Anything by George Romero

Post by sventhewarrior » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:21 am

The fetus would probably be killed by whatever infection they give the mom.

Also, the immunity would be temporary since eventually we would all have to get cured or we would die. So one zombie that shows up unexpectedly could wipe out what's left of the world pretty quickly. Those things move fast.

The bottom line is that the ending of the movie sucked. They made the virus so over the top that the only way they could possibly end the movie was to introduce a magic silver bullet that solves all their problems, whether that makes sense or not.

Edit: wow, did not see how old this was. Sorry.

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:59 pm

I agree with Sven, on all accounts.

Read the book, then print a picture of the movie director and commence dart practice :vmad:

winbro
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days after

Post by winbro » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:45 am

What an interesting observation you make. I would love to watch WWZ again as soon as possible.

Return to “Zombie Biology”