It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More human than human ??
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:05 am 

Recently i saw a funny picture of zombies , but i discover a deep meaning behind it

this is the image

"zombie were people too" what do that mean ? what IS human, how human can stop been human ? is there such thing as inhuman ? can someone or something stop been human ?

another sentence we see a lots in movie, book, video game, and it almost became a "cliché" is that phrase : "this ain't (enter the name of the person here) anymore" . this usually help the person traumatize by the fact that they have to kill a zombie they used to know when they were alive, to finally kill that zombie

what is the value of a human life ? what is the value of a infected human ? ? is that right to kill the person right now, or should we wait until he turned into a zombie ? what is the value of a zombie "life" ? is the life of a zombie worth nothing ? what value do they have compare to animals ? do a zombie worth more or less than a fly ?

we kill zombie because they are a threat to our safety, but if, by any way, they stop to become a threat, how should we considered them ? that a question raised in the movie "Fido" were they found a way to stop the feeding instinct of the zombie with a electronic collar and they use zombie as mindless slaves.

what is your opinion ? i know i raised good question, but i don't have any answer for them, i want to see what people would have to say to answer them.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:07 pm 

well, i will presume that either no one is interested about my questions or no one want to answer it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:16 pm 

These are some good questions and exactly the type of indepth converation I was looking for when I joined the forums. It’s going to take me a while to come up with my reply. I'll get back to ya.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:10 pm 

I understand its a older topic.
azrael99 wrote:
Recently i saw a funny picture of zombies , but i discover a deep meaning behind it
"zombie were people too" what do that mean ? what IS human, how human can stop been human ? is there such thing as inhuman ? can someone or something stop been human ?
first let's look at the definition of human.
human[ hyoo-muhn or, often, yoo‐ ]
adjective
1. of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or having the nature of people: human frailty. 2. consisting of people: the human race. 3. of or pertaining to the social aspect of people: human affairs.

So maybe they stop being human when they don't have social aspects. And when they don't involve in human interactions intelligently.

Quote:
another sentence we see a lots in movie, book, video game, and it almost became a "cliché" is that phrase : "this ain't (enter the name of the person here) anymore" . this usually help the person traumatized by the fact that they have to kill a zombie they used to know when they were alive, to finally kill that zombie

It might help. We label someone a enemy combatant. Its kill or be killed. Or kill or be ravaged.

Quote:
what is the value of a human life ? what is the value of a infected human ? ? is that right to kill the person right now, or should we wait until he turned into a zombie ? what is the value of a zombie "life" ? is the life of a zombie worth nothing ? what value do they have compare to animals ? do a zombie worth more or less than a fly ?
we all have our own evaluations on what a persons value is in society. We all have opinions. And we each value life differently.

Quote:
we kill zombie because they are a threat to our safety, but if, by any way, they stop to become a threat, how should we considered them ? that a question raised in the movie "Fido" were they found a way to stop the feeding instinct of the zombie with a electronic collar and they use zombie as mindless slaves.
not only my safety but those closest to me. Never seen that movie.

Quote:
what is your opinion ? i know i raised good question, but i don't have any answer for them, i want to see what people would have to say to answer them.

Opinions are like A-holes everyone has one. Maybe I provided some good answers to some people.
There are many Zombie definitions
Here is one of many...
Zombie (fictional) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Zombies are fictional undead creatures regularly encountered in horror and fantasy themed works. They are typically depicted as mindless, reanimated corpses with a ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_(fictional)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:22 pm 

well that interesting to see that topic resurrected :D

thanks of the answer you got a interesting point of view, i don't know if anyone will answer this thread again, but at least you were interested enough to answer my questions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:26 pm 

I look at it as self defense. Weather it be a Zombie, animal, enemy, tornado, etc. It's a fair fight for everything. As with Fido... If that battery dies, that Zombie will continue to look for fresh brain.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:59 pm 

the "it could be dangerous so we should eliminate it" is the reason that millions of shark are killed per years

in the movie Fido, yes the zombie COULD be dangerous if the collar is broken or if the battery are dead, but.............they had intervention team ready in all times and in the end of the movie Fido lost his collar and with proper warning , didn't attacked people he knew.

if we are confronted again george romero or 28 days later style zombies, there is no question, they have to be eliminated, but if there is even a slight chance that they aren't as much a threat as we think (like Fido or Bob from day of the dead) then we should think before shoot them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:48 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Whether "it could be dangerous" or not, I dont think thats really the reason, but moreso its the reason people give to not feel "like an Ahole" when they are questioned about it. A way to escape morals and have a "societally acceptable excuse" for your inhuman actions.

This could get nasty but please understand I mean no insiult to anyone, Im purely offering factual opinions from times past as exactly that "What people USED to think" decades ago. For exapmle, African americans used as slaves back in the day. They were thought to be "less than people". The societal norm was to do whatever you want.
Did others opinions make them human, or less than?
In my opinion, they were humans, wronged by a naive society.
Did some people murder them just because they felt they were "not actually" humans?
Probably, but that doesnt make it "right" in MY opinion.

It seems to me "Human" is actually more of a fluid term, much like "Honesty" is to a politician. Ever evolving (or Devolving) to whatever society deems is the current definition.

Again, no insults were intended for anyone,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:35 pm 

your opinion is welcome , don't be afraid to share it. for as long as you are polite and don't say anything hateful , then you are free to talk.

i seriously recommend to the people interested by the subject of this thread to watch the movie Fido.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457572/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Dude that movie was rad as hell. I loved how they made that twist idea into a movie. Fan freakin tastic!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:49 pm 

I'm going to take a stab at it again (now a couple of beers have won!) If there was a place that we could put Zombies in (like an Island) (or jail), then it can be possible to reverse the condition.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:02 pm 

so instead to do like in all the movie : isolate the human and leave the zombie free

to do what we should do :isolate the zombie and leave the human free ?

that how smart people should do.

obviously we should keep a few and study them, maybe we could find either a way to stop the virus, or find a way to eliminate the virus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:54 pm 

What would be the moral way to treat a Zombie?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:13 pm 

if they are a threat : eliminate the direct threat, make sure they can't get in contact with humans with either a wall, a trench or anything else

if they aren't as much : make sure they can't get in contact with human, use a way to control them to be sure that there is no danger. keep a team at bay to act if they become a menace.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:43 pm 

PLUS HAVE FUN WITH IT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:51 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

RugbyFire wrote:
What would be the moral way to treat a Zombie?

Let it roam free not even knowing you are there.

Isolate the human let the zombie roam free, that way they can not know you exist. They can't want what they can't see, so to speak. If they don't know people are still around they'll just exist and meander around.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:36 am 

The Walking Dead and Shaun of the Dead touched on the subject a few times. There is a big difference between killing a zombie you do not know vs killing a loved one who is a zombie.

The funny thing is if Zombies existed, and US society and its legal system was still in place, zombies would have some quazi legal protection and rights. For example, if you just walked up to a random zombie who was not threatening you in any way, and decided to end its shuffling around with few blows to the head with a hammer, you may be charged with desecrating a corpse. Also you would need to be named in the zombie written will or have consent from a family member to de-limb or remove an organ from a zombie, under Transplantation of Human Organs Act, 1994.

Remember Glenn "borrowing" the ring from the Zombie along the fence to propose to Maggie, well Glenn would be stealing, because that ring belongs to heirs of that zombie estate, or to any government agency if that zombie owed enough back taxes.

In the end, some laws would have to be modified to figure out what rights a zombie has. Even in a full blown Zombie pandemic, I can see some activist and lawyers siding with the zombies.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... rpses.html

http://legalperspectives.blogspot.com/2 ... ights.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:16 pm 

Dang it MikeyBoy, Now ya tell me.
This don't seem logical and does seem logical. Again situation dictates.

Like in the Movie The Dead, it seems as though you do and don't have a choice to kill them. Those wander slow, but they are just more than the living it seems. And they are persistent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:32 am 

I still wouldn't trust the Zombie. If we look at all the past findings, we find that no matter what we have tried to do to tame the Zombie or bring "It or them" back to a "pre-zombie" state, it ends with the same result... the Zombie continues to bite others.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:37 pm 

RugbyFire wrote:
I still wouldn't trust the Zombie. If we look at all the past findings, we find that no matter what we have tried to do to tame the Zombie or bring "It or them" back to a "pre-zombie" state, it ends with the same result... the Zombie continues to bite others.

I'm still trying to figure out if that statement is Racist or Xenophobic....

:awesome:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:35 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Non-Sequitur, ex-wives were ladies once, and not the gutter trash they are now.
Zombies WERE human, now they are just dangerous targets of opportunity.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:54 pm 

Mikeyboy wrote:
RugbyFire wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out if that statement is Racist or Xenophobic....

:awesome:

ahh, neither... I'm just sayin' :roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:10 pm 

Did anyone catch "Warm Bodies" when it was out in theaters? I know I missed it, but it comes out on dvd next week. I know they touched base on the subject a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:57 pm 

i didn't see it yet, but it seem like a fun zombie love story,

that the kind of stuff to see with your girlfriend