It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:48 am 

Rise of the synthetic-high zombies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ntrol.html

Authorities in several Florida cities have seen an increase in emergency calls related to people being slumped over in a stupefied state, as they have overdosed on the dangerous drug known as spice, or synthetic marijuana.

Police in Tampa say that more people than ever before are overdosing on the drug, as investigators in Clearwater say they've received dozens of calls for people who have had to be rushed to the hospital because of suspected spice use.

WTVT reported that Tampa medical and law enforcement professionals warned last week about the dangerous uptick in overdoses that is possibly linked to a bad batch of spice that's being sold.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:55 pm 

Last summer, almost 80% of the local medic calls were folks overdoes on this $hit.

Now it's down to "just" one or two calls a day. The stuff sells on the street cheaper than weed (now legal, BTW) - source? Why, Henco en China, of course.....

Then again, Mexican heroin is selling cheaper than weed on the street as well. Welcome to Alaska...

http://www.ktva.com/spice-street-drug-c ... eless-929/

http://www.adn.com/article/20151020/mon ... ice-crisis

http://www.adn.com/article/20150714/pub ... -overdoses

http://www.ktva.com/ast-heroin-use-on-t ... laska-316/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:29 pm 

Ugh, this shit.

I've overdosed on spice before. A few times, regrettably. That shit's fucked up; never doing it ever again.

I was never hospitalized for it though, because I happen to live in Alaska over 100 miles away from the nearest hospital.

I guess I'll try to provide a firsthand account of what exactly happens to you when you're hopped up on spice.

Stage 1: "Euphoria". All is going fine, really nice, strong euphoria, like you just smoked the most bomb weed on the planet. This does not last very long unfortunately, as you enter the next phase.

Stage 2: "Oh Shit...". You begin to realize that you may have gotten a little more stoned than you intended to (this happens every time). You're heart begins racing, pounding in your ears. The room you're in begins to look completely unfamiliar to you, even though it's your own house; the walls, floors and ceiling don't seem to be where they're supposed to be; something's off.

Stage 3: "The Swirly Jiggs!". Suddenly, the entire room feels like it's being tilted and extended/drawn away from you at the same time somehow, and you begin to feel as though you are somersaulting end over end at an extremely high velocity. If you were in the middle of walking, you'll now be struggling to keep your balance as you attempt to find the nearest toilet to throw up in. You will not find it though, lmao.

Stage 4: "This Is The End". You're entire body feels like it's on fire, and you are 100% convinced now that your dumb ass is gonna die lol; you might even start thinking of family and friends and how they'll handle your death, your life flashing before your eyes (its true what they say). Everything looks strange and foreign to you now as though you are an alien on an uncharted planet. Your insides feel like they're beginning to solidify as you struggle to not start projectile vomiting all over the place. You are sweating profusely, shiny and pale white, staggering around, moaning and groaning, before you finally collapse onto the floor, which begins spinning like a merry-go-round powered by jet fuel. You can't feel your body anymore; everything feels strange and numb. It's getting dark now. With one last ditch effort, you struggle to do something, ANYTHING to alert anyone who might be nearby that you are in dire need of assistance. In my case, I was able to squirm/wriggle/crawl/fall/roll myself across the living room floor to grab the tail end of the table cloth on the coffee table, which I yanked off with all I could muster (not much at the time; little control over my limbs and muscles; extremely weak), sending the flower vase flying and crashing along with the remote control for the TV, which was my objective. I managed to lay my face down onto the remote to crank up the volume on the television until it was full blast. I then passed out at that point, just in time to see my father running out into the living room from his peaceful slumber to find me laying in my blood and puke (banged myself up a bit). The last thing I heard before everything went dark was my dad saying "Ah...now we're having 'fun', huh?" lmao. I would've laughed at the time if I could.

And then I never touched that shit again lmao; definitely sticking with all-naturally home-grown weed from my own basement; always know exactly what you're getting or DON'T PUT IT IN YOUR BODY! Lesson learned; fo' sure lol.

--Pliny the Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:48 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

That's a brilliant first hand toxicological report. Thanks for the insight into a spice trip.

And as a toxicologist, I second the motion.
Quote:
always know exactly what you're getting or DON'T PUT IT IN YOUR BODY!

My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:
Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.

Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin