Zombie Squad and "History" - Oct 25th @ 8pm EST

Zombie Squad news will be posted here.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Zombie Squad and "History" - Oct 25th @ 8pm EST

Post by kyle » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:56 am

Zombies-A-Living-History

Recently you may have seen reference to a project that involves Zombie Squad and The History Channel (who actually goes by the name "History"). Members' Facebook accounts, Twitter accounts, and posts in this forum have all alluded to a top secret filming (maybe not TOP secret) that was done during Zombie Con and at ZSHQ/ZSC:001 in St. Louis. Many people have expressed interest in knowing exactly what that was all about.

Well, we all signed pieces of paper that prevent us from telling you a lot about it until we're given the go ahead from History. What we can tell you is that parts of Zombie Con, a ZSHQ held event, and a ZSC:001 event were videotaped for inclusion in a program for History. This is NOT a reality show. That's it. Legally that's what we can tell you.

We can tell you that this project is NOT among any of the following:

1) A sitcom about a typical mid-west family and their pet undead scourge called "THAT'S MY ZOMBIE."

2) The next season of "The Bachelor," where a rich young man picks his true love from 14 women - based on their ability to survive in a post apocalyptic wasteland.

3) An educational series that teaches young kids how to read - using the works of Brian Keene as a primer.

4) A romance involving a young St. Louis bartender and a cardboard cutout of George Romero, titled "Me and CardGeorge: an American Love Story"

5) A new season of "Jericho". One that doesn't suck.

6) A swimsuit video starring Crypto -though this might not be too far off.

Since we can't tell you what it is, and this is a survival forum, we invite you to come up with your own crazy theories about why History was here and why it's all "hush hush." I'm voting for one that involves Alien Autopsies, Adverse Possession, and Bootlegged Whiskey. We will let you know who was right as soon as we can.

Regards,
HQ

ETA: Here's the link to the official trailer (higher quality than the one on YouTube):
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2596814638872" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here's the lower quality promo
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Re: Zombie Squad and "History"

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:05 pm

I assume the zombie apocalypse has already begun, and History is trying to get in on the ground floor, filming us trying (and hopefully succeeding) in stopping it. Even if we fail it will still make good tv.
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

Necrodamus

Post by Necrodamus » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:09 pm

My conclusions:

Zombies are the new subculture (replacing werewolves which replaced vampires)
Zombies are "IN"
It seems like everywhere people are talking about "end of times" through whatever means your imagination can conjour.
History just wanted their piece of the pie!

The chronological order works out like this:
Zombie movies
V
ZombieSquad
V
Zombie Preparedness in books, other forums etc.
V
Zombie TV (The Walking Dead)
V
CDC Zombie announcement
V
History Channel: Zombies, TEOTWAWKI, and The Zombie Squad

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:12 pm

The fun of NDAs!

Look forward to w.e it may be...
Man is a beast of prey

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:15 pm

kyle wrote:1) A sitcom about a typical midwest family and their pet undead scourge called "THAT'S MY ZOMBIE."
Then why did Crypto sit on my lap at ZCon while I scratched behind his ears and said "good boy" during the filming?
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:16 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote:
kyle wrote:1) A sitcom about a typical midwest family and their pet undead scourge called "THAT'S MY ZOMBIE."
Then why did Crypto sit on my lap at ZCon while I scratched behind his ears and said "good boy" during the filming?
He did that to anyone drunk enough to play along. It's a fetish.
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

noncyr
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by noncyr » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Necrodamus wrote: Zombie movies
V
ZombieSquad
V
V
V
CDC Zombie announcement
V
I totally read this and couldn't figure out why you loved "V" so much. Then I realized it was the perfect miniseries.
Blergh

Necrodamus

Post by Necrodamus » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 pm

noncyr wrote:
V
ZombieSquad
V
V
V
CDC Zombie announcement
V
I totally read this and couldn't figure out why you loved "V" so much. Then I realized it was the perfect miniseries.
Do I have to explain everything? V is for vendetta! :lol:

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm

Necrodamus wrote:
noncyr wrote:
V
ZombieSquad
V
V
V
CDC Zombie announcement
V
Do I have to explain everything? V is for vendetta! :lol:
So you're telling me I've got a VENDETTA disease? I can't tell if that's better or worse.

Azraeleternity
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later (haven't seen many)

Post by Azraeleternity » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:05 pm

I think this is how we're viewed so it would be interesting to see what its about. Until then, I'll wait.

(No IMG? WTH. -.-)

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Ohh this is exciting...

DrGonzo
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DrGonzo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:18 pm

But now the secret of the Manbath is public. Everyone will want to take a dip...
hunter wrote:Of course the term "Mêlée" is lame, it's French.
ZSC:005 The Western Washington Chapter

robfrench
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by robfrench » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:05 pm

I'm voting that they're doing a History of extremist militias and survivalist groups. They claimed to be filming us because of our community service work and unique spin on disaster preparedness. In the end they're only going to use their B-roll footage of things like Crypto's Quiet Time Dance Party and forsake the interviews for quotes they found in the darker reaches of our forums.

They'll make us out to be the next Waco/Hale-Bopp cultist organization in hopes of a few extra ratings. Coincidentally, ZS will still receive a huge influx of membership after it airs. The new recruits will feverishly eat up all of ZS's quirks and idiosyncrasies and will form a sort of religion based upon this and the second coming of Zombie Jesus. Drewder would undoubtedly get bored one day and plant the seed in their feeble minds that PistolPete was a prophet or something and should be worshiped as a High Priest. Once they begin donning camo-kilts as religious garb in reverence, Pete will finally crack. Determined to bring some peace and quiet back to his life, he'll concoct his own batch of special kool-aid and convince them to drink up. Thus History's prophetic depiction of ZS will come full circle and St. Louis will face the largest "mass suicide" in its history. Since Pete is such a shrewd schemer I'm sure there will be no evidence to attribute the deaths to him directly. He and all the original ZS members will probably walk away from the tragedy unscathed - however the ZS name would be forever tainted.

Good news is that since they had already built this great organization once before, they will be able to do so again in much less time - having all of the people and structure in place already. Only problem is we'll have to veil our preparedness in another theme. In preparation for this all too likely scenario, I would like to suggest that Kyle go ahead and buy the domain: http://www.furryhunters.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -- It is available on GoDaddy right now.
The best part about being a Central IL ZS member is splitting both the Chicago and St. Louis Chapters. Like the child of divorced parents, you get to watch them compete for your affection.

Ricerageous

Post by Ricerageous » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:07 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote:Then why did Crypto sit on my lap at ZCon while I scratched behind his ears and said "good boy" during the filming?
He's just a squirrel tryin' to find a nut?

noncyr
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by noncyr » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Dammit Rob! You signed an NDA! You just gave it all away!
Blergh

Wolfblade
Favorite Zombie Movies: The original Romero 'Dead' trilogy, AMC's The Walking Dead
Location: The United States of America, North America, Holy Terra, Sol, The Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Wolfblade » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:25 pm

robfrench wrote:I'm voting that they're doing a History of extremist militias and survivalist groups. They claimed to be filming us because of our community service work and unique spin on disaster preparedness. In the end they're only going to use their B-roll footage of things like Crypto's Quiet Time Dance Party and forsake the interviews for quotes they found in the darker reaches of our forums.

They'll make us out to be the next Waco/Hale-Bopp cultist organization in hopes of a few extra ratings. Coincidentally, ZS will still receive a huge influx of membership after it airs. The new recruits will feverishly eat up all of ZS's quirks and idiosyncrasies and will form a sort of religion based upon this and the second coming of Zombie Jesus. Drewder would undoubtedly get bored one day and plant the seed in their feeble minds that PistolPete was a prophet or something and should be worshiped as a High Priest. Once they begin donning camo-kilts as religious garb in reverence, Pete will finally crack. Determined to bring some peace and quiet back to his life, he'll concoct his own batch of special kool-aid and convince them to drink up. Thus History's prophetic depiction of ZS will come full circle and St. Louis will face the largest "mass suicide" in its history. Since Pete is such a shrewd schemer I'm sure there will be no evidence to attribute the deaths to him directly. He and all the original ZS members will probably walk away from the tragedy unscathed - however the ZS name would be forever tainted.

Good news is that since they had already built this great organization once before, they will be able to do so again in much less time - having all of the people and structure in place already. Only problem is we'll have to veil our preparedness in another theme. In preparation for this all too likely scenario, I would like to suggest that Kyle go ahead and buy the domain: http://www.furryhunters.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -- It is available on GoDaddy right now.
In all seriousness, I'm having a feeling its a variation on this. Whatever program ZS shows up in, I have a feeling the depiction won't be positive.

noncyr
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by noncyr » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:32 pm

I can tell you this much.

HQ is incredibly picky about this type of thing. Over the past six years we have turned down requests from a large number of major media sources/shows, including G4, Discovery, and Penn & Teller, because they were specifically looking for nutty survivalists waiting eagerly for the end of the world, or a group of crazies who head off in to the woods to actually hunt the undead. The conversation with History's crew and the producers was a long one, and they gave us a lot of input over how, where, and when we would be filmed. While there is always the possibility that they lied to us and edit together something that doesn't reflect reality, I and the rest of the board don't think that's the case.

Except for the footage of Kyle and a Unicorn...
Blergh

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:55 pm

All the media stuff I have done here in PDX has been extremely postive. No History Channel, but positive none-the-less.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

Silent Kube
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of Romero's work, Shaun Of The Dead, Pretty much anything that keeps the reason for the outbreak somewhat vague.

Post by Silent Kube » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:57 pm

I hope we will at least be a heads up before it airs.

drewder
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: White Zombie (1932 Bella Lugosi)
Dawn of the Dead (new and original)
Day of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead
The Return of the Living Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2 (dead by dawn)
Army of Darkness
Grindhouse
Planet Terror
28 days later
28 Weeks Later
I am Legend
The FOG (original, the remake sucked ass)
Resident Evil (the Saga)
Silent Hill
The Phantasm (the SAGA)
Friday the 13th (from start to finish)
Pet Sematary
Night of the Comet

Post by drewder » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:37 pm

This is what I came up with:
http://www.history.com/shows/gangland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah... I'm ready for some krumpin'.......
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

*even the wise man dwells in a fool's paradise

Survived ZSC:001 Winterg(h)eddon X
Survived ZombieCon X
Stayed toasty warm at ZSC:001 Winterg(h)eddon Twenty Eleven
Barely survived ZombieCon 2011

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:51 pm

I would enjoy just seeing some raw footage...

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:11 pm

drewder wrote:This is what I came up with:
http://www.history.com/shows/gangland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah... I'm ready for some krumpin'.......
Well, almost all of 001 have matching tattoos. Doesn't that make you a gang? :lol:
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

Dawgboy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, Fido

Post by Dawgboy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:20 pm

Did Crypto show them his monkey???

shrapnel wrote:Dawgboy, please refrain from stirring shit for the sole purpose of stirring shit.
[ZS/]# .40/Pie/CERT/Wireless...
My homebrew stove kit
IMPROVED Solar Redneck Hot tub
Dawgvan
Chupa Chihuahua
GHB

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Please, PLEASE, tell me you didn't let them interview Biggin ???? :D
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Return to “Announcements”