that

Tater Raider

Re: New Forum Feature: Post Limits

Post by Tater Raider » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:18 am

funny

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:34 am

The old ZS regime that tried to impose cruel and unusual sexual positio... I mean fees, has been toppled due to the valiant efforts of the Fluffy Bunny Resistance!

Since I wasn't able to attract more members for some reason(might have been my demand for Danish college girls, who knows?) I had to recruit an elite military force to do battle with the dark ZS Overlords. Surprisingly, all they wanted for payment was a couple of bags of carrots and a scratch behind the ears.

Here is a pic of the Commando's spying on the remote compound where ZS does it's nefarious business...

Here they are assaulting the complex...

After a long and drawn out battle... Victory over the hated oppressor!

That isn't to say we didn't have our casualties, the worst being Sgt. Cottonbriar.

He took the brunt of an RPG blast fired from evil ZS Overlord Kyle(before the bastage was inundated by rabid bunnies) and while saving his squad-mates, he sadly died of his wounds. He will be remembered with full military honors, and prepared by an excellent chef with a nice selection of summer vegetable and a port-wine reduction sauce.

Desert will be Pop-tarts Flambe.

You have now been freed people of ZS financial tyranny by our hard work, and the shedding of our blood and treasure, well actually, carrots... Don't let this sacrifice be in vain.

BTW, Sgt. Cottonbriar tasted wonderful!

:lol:

-urban
"When under imminent Predator attack, try to act all Thalidomide-y till they go away".-me
3%

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:09 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW20AlC0IbA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - @ about 30 secs...

Jamie - nfa
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

57plymouth

Post by 57plymouth » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:00 am

I raffed.
"If any of you need anything at all, too bad. Deal with your problems yourselves like adults." Ron Swanson

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:35 am

ZombieGranny wrote:And I happen to have a good sense of humor;
I merely, like many people, think practical jokes are mean-spirited not funny.
I think "most people" may be a bit of a stretch.

Although, maybe you are right... After dealing with many of the high maintinance people in this forum all year, it makes me happy to see some of you squirm and get grumpy over this one day a year - especially "Cpt. MelonBuster".

Until next year! :)
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:01 am

This was a really good one. What was it last year, those eyes that follow your cursor around? :lol:

Finch
Favorite Zombie Movies: GAR's Dawn of the Dead

Post by Finch » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:03 am

crypto wrote:
Necrodamus wrote:
You can always just use one post and just keep editing that one post

Ron Sere has been using that concept to sell junk off the top of his filthy washing machine for a while now.
That's hilarious
AR/590/9mm/EOTech/GLOCK/Scooter Hater/Pie/Blue wire/pro-bayonet/The NRA/.50 beo>.458 SOCOM

my blog: GarandThumb.com

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:10 am

Jeriah wrote:This was a really good one. What was it last year, those eyes that follow your cursor around? :lol:
That was like 3 or 4 years ago I think. Last year was the Facebook one.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:13 am

kyle wrote:
Jeriah wrote:This was a really good one. What was it last year, those eyes that follow your cursor around? :lol:
Facebook one? I don't even remember that.

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:28 am

Jeriah wrote:
kyle wrote:
Facebook one? I don't even remember that.
Let's see..

Replaced the ZS logo with a big yellow smiley face and used word-replacement for the first time making "Zombie" = "Happy" and "Squad" = "Team"

That was the lame year I made the javascript eye-balls follow the mouse cursor

Hello Zombie: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/index.php?style=24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (it's still available for anyone who wants to use it :D )

Rick Rolled the forum by changing the ZS logo to an animated gif of the Rick Astley video "Never Gonna Give You Up"

Google ads http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 9&#p901939" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The facebook one: http://zombiehunters.org/forum_prank/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid= ... opic=14928" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think that's the order they all came in.

The facebook one was probably my favorite. It really got people upset. For some reason people really believed it.

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:37 am

kyle wrote:
ZombieGranny wrote:And I happen to have a good sense of humor;
I merely, like many people, think practical jokes are mean-spirited not funny.
I think "most people" may be a bit of a stretch.

Although, maybe you are right... After dealing with many of the high maintenance people in this forum all year, it makes me happy to see some of you squirm and get grumpy over this one day a year - especially "Cpt. MelonBuster".

Until next year! :)
I did not say 'most people', I said 'many people'.

Although, I do believe it is 'most people' who do not like them. At least I have only personally known three practical jokers in my lifetime; and it would seem those who enjoy them, play them, so would become known.

Things such as rubber insects in a pot of soup requiring the family to eat only not-enough-biscuits for dinner (as the soup was tossed out - being full of half-melted rubber blobs), or the tossing of a live frog in the red Koolaid so it would thrash around splashing and staining all the kids' party clothes have perhaps colored my feelings.
[I must admit in that last case what I remember most, was the feeling of my 8 year old fist punching my 10 year old brother in the gut, and my best friend beside me blacking the other 10 year old's eye. Good times.]
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

Finch

Post by Finch » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:00 pm

I though it was funny
AR/590/9mm/EOTech/GLOCK/Scooter Hater/Pie/Blue wire/pro-bayonet/The NRA/.50 beo>.458 SOCOM

riverjoe47
Favorite Zombie Movies: What ??

Post by riverjoe47 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:36 pm

I thought it was real . Can I get my $1000 back now ?
Do not bathe if there is no water.
Chinese, Shan proverb

I never gave a damn about a man who could only spell a word one way .
Mark Twain

Finch

Post by Finch » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:40 pm

riverjoe47 wrote:I thought it was real . Can I get my $1000 back now ?
Sorry no refunds

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Jeriah » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:59 pm

I like practical jokes that do not involve harming/traumatizing animals, wasting food, or breaking valuables. This qualified so I'm all for it.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:39 pm

My entire day was ruined by this.

I had so many things to say to have no listen to them.

I want my day back, Kyle, I want my day back. :x

Some body owes me 24 ZS hours......

Edited for sarcasm blue just in case someone thought I was serious.
Last edited by Gingerbread Man on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Honestly, I think a post speed limit could be good for people with say, <10 posts.
It would stop people from joining, puking up 20 some odd posts within a few minutes and never coming back...

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:56 pm

Confucius wrote:Honestly, I think a post speed limit could be good for people with say, <10 posts.
It would stop people from joining, puking up 20 some odd posts within a few minutes and never coming back...
I concur.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Just saw it, probably would have got me (at least till I read some posts) except I looked up at the date, to see if it was an old post (not sure why), and saw the "Apr 1" jumping out at me :lol:

Nice one... nice.

Maybe next year mods, filter- April, fools, practical joke, etc. Since (edit: some) people dont seem to know how to play along :evil:

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Jeriah » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Regular Guy wrote:
Confucius wrote:Honestly, I think a post speed limit could be good for people with say, <10 posts.
I concur.
I would personally be in favor of the following:

1. Upon registering, a new user cannot post ANYTHING until they post an introduction.

2. For the first day (24 hours) after registering, they can post in existing topics but not create new ones. I know when I was new I was eager to start new topics, which were redundant and ended up getting locked. Newbies don't realize that it's better to add to an existing discussion on a topic, than to start a new thread with their thoughts on it.

Or something like that.

Return to “Announcements”