How to report a problem to the ZS forum Mods

Zombie Squad news will be posted here.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

How to report a problem to the ZS forum Mods

Post by kyle » Mon May 19, 2008 4:03 pm

As many of you know, the ZS mods like to keep this discussion forum ship shape. We like the information to be useful and the pointless crap to be few and far between (at least outside of off topic).

Unfortunately, contrary to popular belief, the mods are not omniscient so we really rely on the general membership to help us enforce our few forum rule guidelines to keep this place friendly and utilitarian.

You guys do a kick ass job of keeping your peers in line but occasionally when polite reminders to our fellow forum members fail a mod may have to step in to deal with some jackass. Since this forum is getting quite huge, we have implemented a system for reporting trouble makers who like to ruin everyone else's good time. It also helps us to keep a record of the repeat offenders so we can dump them overboard.

Step 1: Click the "!" button of the problem post like so...

Next, explain to us what the problem is by using the handy drop down control and/or typing an explanation in the text box.

You can also select the "Yes" radio button to "Notify me" if you want to know when a mod has resolved the issue.

Don't forget to "Submit" it when you're done.

Note: If you abuse this utility we'll probably ban you for wasting our time. Moderating sucks. Don't make our jobs worse.

Thanks for your help!

That is all. Carry on.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

CLEAR CUT

Re: How to report a problem to the ZS forum Mods

Post by CLEAR CUT » Tue May 20, 2008 12:29 pm

Are Pm's to mods still acceptable or do you want us to start using this new utility only?

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Tue May 20, 2008 1:19 pm

CLEAR CUT wrote:Are Pm's to mods still acceptable or do you want us to start using this new utility only?

We get a PM when this is sent so either is fine. This utility helps us to keep track of problems though.

In a perfect world we won't have to use it at all. :)
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

MidwestDave

Post by MidwestDave » Wed May 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Well, I would love to read how to report a problem to the mods but since the change all I see is black screen with just a few links and quotes showing up.
If there is a way to remedy this please email me since I cannot read posts anymore.

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Wed May 21, 2008 3:09 pm

MidwestDave wrote:Well, I would love to read how to report a problem to the mods but since the change all I see is black screen with just a few links and quotes showing up.
If there is a way to remedy this please email me since I cannot read posts anymore.

That's weird. Can you email me a screen print? kyle@zombiehunters.org

Anyone else having this problem? First I've heard of that.

Dave, I'm going to manually change your "style" is the default style that comes with the application in hopes that fixes your problem. Switching you to ProSilver. Other than that, it sounds like a browser issue on your end.

MidwestDave

Post by MidwestDave » Wed May 21, 2008 3:28 pm

Thanks, that worked.
All I could see before was an outlined black screen except for signatures, quoted posts, the buttons (edit, reply, quote, etc) and the guy smoking the cigar ( Orson Welles?).
I could get into my control panel but nothing seemed to help there.
Thanks again.

Dave

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:54 am

Not that we're encouraging you guys to give us more work to do but, in case you are new and are not aware of how to report a problem thread/post/user to the forum moderators, I thought I'd remind everyone of this thread.

Thanks to all of those who have been reporting problems properly and helping to keep this forum an effective educational tool.

dukman
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by dukman » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:38 pm

I would like to take this time to say SORRY for nominating SPAM for best of as sometimes I forget to change the reason for the alert, which is default at "Nominate for best of" :oops: Please accept my apologies 8)

Anyway you can change it so it defaults to "select one option" and won't submit until you actually change it to one? (I hope I am not the only one guilty of this) :mrgreen:
M-O-O-N, that spells survival, law's yes!
Duk's Bags: GLOF GHB ONB EDC
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything ~Tyler Durden

Dr Jekell
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil Series
Assorted Oldies

Post by Dr Jekell » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:30 am

Bump
Screw the 2012 apocalypse. Ragnarok bitches!

There are no foolish questions and no man becomes a fool until he has stopped asking questions

Return to “Announcements”