It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ZS Chapters!
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:51 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Chapters are our regional face. They get the ZS word out to people who don't frequent the forums and internet. They raise money for local charities and help out with regional disasters. They permit folks to participate in official ZS events even if they can't make it to the (in)famous St. Louis. And we need people like you who are willing to run events all over the US and rest of the world.

The main requirements are:

1) Members: Three active Zombie Squad members to act as the responsible coordinators or officers of the chapters. These will be the folks who sign the relevant paperwork, and who we at ZS-HQ will look upon as the official leaders of the chapter. It's more than likely you'll want extra folks to help out at events, and it's also ok to make those folks officers in your chapter. On the paperwork, though, it'll just be the three.

2) Events: The members must host at least one charity event on their own before being considered for chapter status. This will show how the teams work together and prove that they can work together to pull off an event. Once chapter status is granted there must be at least 2 charity events hosted a year (blood drive, food drive, clothing drive, local charity fund raiser, highway clean up, etc). The types of charity events will be up to you.

3) Regular meetings: Chapters must meet at least once every other month to plan events and put together a status update for HQ. These will be official meetings, generally held somewhere not-so-open to the public. There must also be at least 3 public meetings a year for the local public. This is a great recruiting tool for all those folks you'll need to help out at the charity events, not to mention a great time to publicize everything you do for your community.

Naturally there will be paperwork. We'll have an application for chapter status, where you'll tell us who your three members are and report on the charity event you've held. There's the chapter agreement, which will need to be signed after your application has been approved. We'll have an application for charity events, to ensure that your event falls within our mission (eg, no Topless Car Washes to support your Republican mayoral candidate). Then there will be the reports you'll file after each event and chapter meeting. It sounds like a lot, but we'll have them (mostly) online and ready to fill out.

So, if you're still interested after all that, let me know. I need you to send your email address, full name, city/state/country to chapters@zombiehunters.org (do not PM me or I shall punch you in the junk). If there are people in your region already on the go, I can hook you up with them. Otherwise I'll send you what you need to get started and keep you updated.

You can get started rounding up members, planning a (non-ZS) event for your precursory charity option, and keep reminding me to get the applications on-line. We'd love to have more people doing this stuff!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:56 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

E-Mail sent...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:10 am 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

We have a few new chapters coming up, just so you know. If anyone else is interested in organizing one contact Michelle at chapters@zombiehunters.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:46 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Question: What's the deal with local chapter organization. For example, is there a chapter constitution or set of bylaws? Are the officers elected or are they appointed only once? Could a chapter choose to have unofficial sub-chapters or districts to encourage local work?

Image http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/
Rush2112 wrote:
TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:04 pm 

Is there a standard for chapter organization? I haven't heard of one, so I always kinda assumed it was up to the chapter to write its own bylaws, elect/appoint its own officers, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:07 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

There's a chapter agreement that the chapter leaders have to sign, yes. It outlines the responsibilities the chapter has in order to further the ZS core mission.

There is a chapter leadership structure in that there needs to be a chapter President and Vice-President that are the primary and backup liasons with the National organization. Additionally, there is a Secretary and a Treasurer to handle correspondance and minutes, and chapter money.

Incidentally, I'm the VP of the St. Louis Chapter, so if you have any specific questions, I'm your guy. :D

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:58 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

outoforder2day wrote:
Question: What's the deal with local chapter organization. For example, is there a chapter constitution or set of bylaws? Are the officers elected or are they appointed only once? Could a chapter choose to have unofficial sub-chapters or districts to encourage local work?

Looks like I've been beaten to to the punch for the most part. We use a Chapter Agreement (signed on both ends) to indicate what is required. There are three officers (Pres, VP, and Treasurer) that are appointed once, but we're looking into terms of some sort. Subchapters and districts are discouraged at the moment, but again we're looking at have Regions and Chapters at some point in the future. Things are always evolving around here. =)