Z-Con IX

Zombie Squad news will be posted here.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Re: Z-Con IX

Post by kyle » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:13 pm

iloveash wrote:Another premier! The fine folks who created The Battery are granting us permission to show their film and have, also, send some limited edition Blu-Ray copies to be given away.

This is one of the smartest zombie films I have seen in a very long while!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrDT_tDoGeM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This one looks promising.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

mystic_1
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by mystic_1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Looks like there's a decent chance of rain in the forecast, plan accordingly!

weather.com:

Code: Select all

Date			Forecast				High/Low		Precip
Wed Jun 19 		Partly Cloudy 		81°/61° 	10 %
Thu Jun 20 		Isolated T-Storms		83°/65° 	30 %
Fri Jun 21 		Partly Cloudy 		86°/68°	 	20 %
Sat Jun 22 		Scattered T-Storms	86°/67° 	60 %
Sun Jun 23 		Mostly Cloudy 		84°/66° 		10 %
Weather Underground:

Code: Select all

Wednesday, 19
	Partly Cloudy
	81 | 59 °F
	Partly Cloudy
	Chance of Precipitation 0%
Thursday, 20
	Chance of a Thunderstorm
	82 | 66 °F
	Chance of a Thunderstorm
	Chance of Precipitation 20%
Friday, 21
	Partly Cloudy
	88 | 68 °F
	Partly Cloudy
Saturday, 22
	Partly Cloudy
	90 | 70 °F
	Partly Cloudy
Sunday, 23
	Chance of a Thunderstorm
	90 | 72 °F
	Chance of T-storms
	Chance of Precipitation 50%
Image Image Image

ZS Chapter Volunteer
● Want to start a ZS chapter? ● Want to find other ZS members near you? ● Want to make your chapter more successful?
Email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

See also: ● ZS Event CalendarZS Wiki

cauldron

Post by cauldron » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:40 am

Other than a very wet canoe trip, I've never been rained on in camp.

And that's why I think it'll happen this year! :clap:

Seriously, I'm bringing rain gear. and waterproofing everything. and maybe bringing extra tarps. and contractor bags. and canned socks.
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:04 pm

Looks to not be as blazing hot as the previous 2 years
I never fit in. That's my role in life, to be the outcast.

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Rebel Pariah wrote:Looks to not be as blazing hot as the previous 2 years
Last year was really, really nice.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Hey everyone!

This is just a friendly FYI to remind everyone that, as in years past, ZSC-001 is moving our June chapter meeting date from our normal 3rd sunday of the month out to the 4th Sunday, which will be the day you come back from Z-con. It's at a bar in the city, with hot pizza and cold pitchers of beer. After 4 days on the hill burning food over a fire and drinking lukewarm beer submerged in questionable water, it is EXACTLY what you guys need. 001 meetings are a hoot, we usually have 20+ people there, we have our own bartender, and our own bathroom. You should absolutely stick around and show up if you can swing it.

ETA: I'll try to get a pizza menu printed up and directions to the bar to send along to Z-con so you guys can figure out what you want and we can call the orders in ahead of time.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

cauldron

Post by cauldron » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:32 pm

I am going to attempt a walmartmadmaxkingofthedump style of packing this year. I am bringing no food or shelter just .22lr ammo to trade. I will also trade guarding your tent from raiders for tractors and farm supplies.
I will trade my knowledge of how the world works for Mosin Nagants.
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."

cauldron

Post by cauldron » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:35 pm

It's been a long year, and I need the vacation.

I'm excited to be going this year. and I've had too much coffee today. :clap:

tinyang
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by tinyang » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:21 am

Cauldron,

Throughout the entire trip, I will assist you and anyone else who is interested in having too much coffee with my campfire espresso. :lol:
--
Ever wonder what recipes you could cook from your food storage? Find out here--> http://prepare.blog.com/
Proud survivor of zcon 2011, 2012, & 2013
The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.
~ Ernest Hemmingway

cauldron

Post by cauldron » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:01 pm

tinyang wrote:Cauldron,

Throughout the entire trip, I will assist you and anyone else who is interested in having too much coffee with my campfire espresso. :lol:
I love your coffee. I'll help you to have less to pack out.

There is nothing in the world like a huge cup of espresso. When you thought it was coffee. :shock:

I am bringing a brick of .22 for range day, and I'm not bringing a .22. So I can ask to borrow and try out random .22s.

cauldron

Post by cauldron » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:05 pm

I might sneak out of camp fri night, and go see that movie named after that book about those fire ants er... zombies...

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:12 pm

cauldron wrote:I might sneak out of camp fri night, and go see that movie named after that book about those fire ants er... zombies...
Find a theater and Steph and I might go with you.

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Jeriah » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:48 pm

Steph and I made it home safe. Gnarly thunderstorms last night and today; hope you guys didn't get too soaked.

Doctor Jest
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Doctor Jest » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:17 pm

They were very gnarly. A number of people were on the hillside when it hit and stayed put. Some folks returning from the float trip got stuck at the cabin since the rocks above Manbath were impassible; Mike and Kristan were the last ones across and they had to scamper since the water was rising quickly. Kyle hiked to the cabin in the downpour then led the cabin people back to camp through the woods along the creek. When we got back, some peoples' sites were tore up bad by the storm, others made it through okay. Some folks bugged out, and others stayed on the damn mountain for the final night. We had fun getting Kyle's and Cyr's vehicles out of the mud Sunday morning while breaking camp.

Glad you guys made it home okay. I'm heading home tomorrow. The meeting at the Black Thorn Pub was cool, though I arrived late since there was a torrential downpour when I left for the meeting and I had some trouble finding the place.

Thanks to all of yinz again. Once again, I had an awesome time.
I survived ZombieCon 2007, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16!!!
Towanda wrote:When I become Empress of the Universe, ticks are the first (and so far only) species slated for complete genocide.

Doctor Jest
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Doctor Jest » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:19 pm

I only took a couple of pictures. Here's one.

I survived ZombieCon 2007, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16!!!
Towanda wrote:When I become Empress of the Universe, ticks are the first (and so far only) species slated for complete genocide.

jnathan
Meat Popsicle
Meat Popsicle

Post by jnathan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:17 pm

There's now a Zcon IX 2013 debrief thread here: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 2&t=107801

-Jeff
My name is Jeff, not Jonathan. Jonathan would fit...

ZSC:020 Chicagoland | How to search ZS | GHB

Return to “Announcements”