Trouble logging in? Readme

Zombie Squad news will be posted here.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Delete your browser cookies. Clicking the "delete all board cookies" on the login page won't work, you'll have to actually delete the cookies stored in your browser.
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

Vicarious_Lee
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Re: Trouble logging in? Readme

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:04 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote:Delete your browser cookies. Clicking the "delete all board cookies" on the login page won't work, you'll have to actually delete the cookies stored in your browser.
I'd better PM the mods about this.
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Vicarious_Lee wrote:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote:Delete your browser cookies. Clicking the "delete all board cookies" on the login page won't work, you'll have to actually delete the cookies stored in your browser.
You better watch your ass, smarty :P

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Vicarious_Lee wrote:
B&.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:39 pm

That did it! I bet there were lotsa folks like me knocking on the door but no one was answering! Thank you!

eugene

Post by eugene » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Or choose "show cookies" and scroll down to zombiehunters and delete just those cookies if you don't want to delete for all your other sites.

BTW, I think the board was down earlier, can you check :clownshoes:
2004 Silverado ECSB Z71 5.3L
2009 Giant Cypress DX, 1996 Specialized Rockhopper
Smith and Wesson M&P9c, M&P22
Map of our travels. Our EveryTrail page
My Garmin Connect Profile

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:40 am

Thanks for the tips. If anyone has a "this solved it for me" or "here's how to fix it on super browser 9500" go ahead and post it here.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:27 am

Thanks, I have been twitching all day trying to get back in here.

For Google chrome: 1. click the three white lines on the far right side of the address bar 2. select history 3. Then select clear all browsing data ( I just cleared today's stuff and it worked fine) 4. Log back into ZS
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:49 am

docdredd wrote:Thanks, I have been twitching all day trying to get back in here.

For Google chrome: 1. click the three white lines on the far right side of the address bar 2. select history 3. Then select clear all browsing data ( I just cleared today's stuff and it worked fine) 4. Log back into ZS

THANKS GOD!! and a BIG thank you to you too. you can't believe how hard it was for me to log in, and those advice for google chrome helped me a lot.
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

williaty

Post by williaty » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:53 am

Any tips for being able to log in but not stay logged in, even when checking the "keep me logged in" box?

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:58 am

azrael99 wrote:
docdredd wrote:Thanks, I have been twitching all day trying to get back in here.

THANKS GOD!! and a BIG thank you to you too. you can't believe how hard it was for me to log in, and those advice for google chrome helped me a lot.

No worries man, Im something of a ludite. So I like detailed instructions on how to do computer stuff. I just happened to know how to do this procedure and thought there might be others out there like me. :P
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

WhoShotJR

Post by WhoShotJR » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:54 am

williaty wrote:Any tips for being able to log in but not stay logged in, even when checking the "keep me logged in" box?
I'm having the same issue, constantly being logged out on all my home computers and my phone. Deleting cookies didn't help.

DialM

Post by DialM » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Anyone have any idea how to solve this for iPads?

williaty

Post by williaty » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Found the problem, at least for me.

In the thread update notification emails, some of the URLs to click on are prefixed with www. and some are not. The emails that are prefixed with www. are working properly and I go straight to the thread and stay logged in. The emails that are NOT prefixed with www. cause me to have to relogin each and every time.

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:55 pm

DialM wrote:Anyone have any idea how to solve this for iPads?
I had bother with my iPhone but if I search for the ZS forums afresh and click on that link then I login with no problems.
As yet the 'view in safari' option in Tapatalk isn't working, nor is the link in any 'topic reply' email notifications.
But I can manage ok as it is.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

Murph

Post by Murph » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:11 pm

The second method listed below worked for IE9 without having to clear ALL cookies:
http://www.practicalecommerce.com/artic ... and-Cache-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Does your BOB at least have: water, basic tools, fire, food, first-aid kit, and shelter?
"When planning, prepare for the most likely, and then the most catastrophic."
raptor wrote: Being a gun collector does not make you a prepper.
the_alias wrote: Murph has all the diplomacy of a North Korean warhead, but -he has- a valid point

Chirpy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series, Dead Snow

Post by Chirpy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:23 pm

For Safari on MacOS

Preferences:Privacy:Remove All Website Data - actually click the Details button.

Search for the Zombieshunters.org cookie and delete it.

That worked.

==========

Firefox on MacOS

Preferences:Privacy:Remove Individual Cookies <--not really a button, just a line of text

That worked.

Search for the Zombieshunters.org cookie and delete it.
"And I prep not because I'm scared of someone coming to take from me, but rather because I fear not being able to render help to those who have helped me. "

phractal - 4/2/13

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:36 pm

ETA: Thanks, actually. I had trouble logging on but this seems to have fixed it.
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:48 pm

I've tweaked a few more settings, purged the forum cache, and purged all login sessions. Hopefully that'll fix the issues for the last few people still having problems.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:53 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote:I've tweaked a few more settings, purged the forum cache, and purged all login sessions. Hopefully that'll fix the issues for the last few people still having problems.
Hope on. :lol:
I am the undisputed creator of the zombie tornado. (High Ground series now available)

williaty

Post by williaty » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:51 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote:I've tweaked a few more settings, purged the forum cache, and purged all login sessions. Hopefully that'll fix the issues for the last few people still having problems.
Still broken for me even after yet another round of cache/cookie clearing. As explained in another thread, I'm staying logged into http://www.zombiehunters.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but not zombiehunters.org. The problem with that is that the update notification emails you guys are sending out are now all arriving without the www. in the link so I have to log in each and every notification.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:54 pm

williaty wrote:
Still broken for me even after yet another round of cache/cookie clearing. As explained in another thread, I'm staying logged into http://www.zombiehunters.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but not zombiehunters.org. The problem with that is that the update notification emails you guys are sending out are now all arriving without the www. in the link so I have to log in each and every notification.
Have you tried unsubscribing and resubscribing? That worked me.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

williaty

Post by williaty » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Doc Torr wrote:
williaty wrote:
Have you tried unsubscribing and resubscribing? That worked me.
Oh god, I'm subscribed to hundreds of threads on here. That'll be an epic march...

Anyway, unsubed/subed to this thread to see what happens.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I cannot watch zombie flicks anymore. The violence & gore disturbs me.

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Hey everyone:

Who ever did this should be gang raped in their ass! I'm still having problems. I can login, but I cant stay logged in it seems...

Odinsown
Matthew Paul Malloy
Veteran: USAR, USA, IAANG.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

Return to “Announcements”