32 acp... a viable round for stopping zombies?

This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to bust up on some zombies.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Poboyspecial
Favorite Zombie Movies: Is there one that's NOT a favorite?

Re: 32 acp... a viable round for stopping zombies?

Post by Poboyspecial » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Good question about the hardness of plaster. We researched this and found a compound that would make it harder as too better simulate bone. As to the actual hardness of each, we can only speculate. I do know, however, that the thickness of our skulls are 1.35 which is plenty thick for a bullet to go through. According to Vanderbilt research center An average skull has a thickness of .... 6.5 mm for men and an average 7.1 mm for women. 7.1mm is only .279 inches thick. So you see, we made our skulls much thicker and harder than normal to allow for the toughness of bone.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_a ... z23SGtrG00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PoBoySpecial: Ballistics Testing with a Zombie twist. Let's face it, if it can stop a Zombie, a bad guy doesn't have a chance!
http://www.youtube.com/user/poboyspecial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Poboyspecial

Post by Poboyspecial » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:54 am

OK, we have heard the cry for a more adequate testing of a zombie skull by using a coconut. Here is the testing of a 32 acp on a zombie coconut... and then some.
We understand that the round is not very cost effective, we were just trying to show the viability of it if need be. If you have a 32 acp and are thinking about using it on a zombie, then this is for you, it sure beats using a sharp stick.... LOl Anyways, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TV-h-b_6vc&feature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PoBoySpecial: Ballistics Testing with a Zombie twist. Let's face it, if it can stop a Zombie, a bad guy doesn't have a chance!
http://www.youtube.com/user/poboyspecial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kalel01a

Post by kalel01a » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Poboyspecial wrote:OK, we have heard the cry for a more adequate testing of a zombie skull by using a coconut. Here is the testing of a 32 acp on a zombie coconut... and then some.
We understand that the round is not very cost effective, we were just trying to show the viability of it if need be. If you have a 32 acp and are thinking about using it on a zombie, then this is for you, it sure beats using a sharp stick.... LOl Anyways, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TV-h-b_6vc&feature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah, that's a cool test... I wish I would have been there... I guess that Zombie was a "nut-head!!!"

I really like the penetration testing your've been doing with the 32... that's a viable little Zombie stopper, isn't it!?!?!

Slip

Post by Slip » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Stercutus wrote:Perfect for Zombies and excellent for Jaberwocky. Past that I won't say. I think the Italian police used to use them years ago if that means anything.
I believe most European police agency used them through mid 20 th century as well .007, James Bond I believe Hitler committed suicide with one. Then there was "bad" Leroy Brown. He kept one in his pocket for fun. I just picked up a P32 a. Couple weeks ago. No complaints whatsoever. It conceals in a shirt breast pocket. I'll try some penetration tests this weekend.

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Slip wrote:
Stercutus wrote:Perfect for Zombies and excellent for Jaberwocky. Past that I won't say. I think the Italian police used to use them years ago if that means anything.
I believe most European police agency used them through mid 20 th century as well .007, James Bond I believe Hitler committed suicide with one. Then there was "bad" Leroy Brown. He kept one in his pocket for fun. I just picked up a P32 a. Couple weeks ago. No complaints whatsoever. It conceals in a shirt breast pocket. I'll try some penetration tests this weekend.
Bond carried a .25 Beretta, but i look forward to your tests.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:07 pm

BullOnParade wrote:
Slip wrote:
Bond carried a .25 Beretta, but i look forward to your tests.
He actually stepped up from the Beretta to a 7.65 [.32 ACP] PPK in The Island of Dr. No in addition to a .38 Smith Centennial Airweight and occasionally a 1911, per the novels.

Still, Fleming knew about as much about firearms as a baby seal. If fictional characters were a good method for choosing firearms, they'd still make Tec-9s and I'd have a M11 in my nightstand.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Slip wrote:
Bond used a lot of guns over the years always moving on to something better. Ah necro threads...
"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

Redeyes
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of The Living Dead 1968

Post by Redeyes » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:36 pm

Yeah, Bond was always stepping up to something better because of advice from fans. As mentioned before, Fleming knew very little about firearms. He had Bond carry a .25 ACP because that is what he was issued in WW2. He was in Naval Intelligence.

Team Beards&Irons MilCopp 2013

Browning 35 for ZS President 2016. Make Zombie Squad Great Again!

Poboyspecial

Post by Poboyspecial » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:15 pm

With the modern metal technology and Buffalo bore ammo, the 32 acp can be more impressive than people think... or give it credit for now a days.

Return to “Zombie Combat Tactics”