It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:16 pm 
Offline
* *
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:21 pm
Posts: 110
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Good question about the hardness of plaster. We researched this and found a compound that would make it harder as too better simulate bone. As to the actual hardness of each, we can only speculate. I do know, however, that the thickness of our skulls are 1.35 which is plenty thick for a bullet to go through. According to Vanderbilt research center An average skull has a thickness of .... 6.5 mm for men and an average 7.1 mm for women. 7.1mm is only .279 inches thick. So you see, we made our skulls much thicker and harder than normal to allow for the toughness of bone.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_a ... z23SGtrG00

_________________
PoBoySpecial: Ballistics Testing with a Zombie twist. Let's face it, if it can stop a Zombie, a bad guy doesn't have a chance!
http://www.youtube.com/user/poboyspecial


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:54 am 
Offline
* *
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:21 pm
Posts: 110
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
OK, we have heard the cry for a more adequate testing of a zombie skull by using a coconut. Here is the testing of a 32 acp on a zombie coconut... and then some.
We understand that the round is not very cost effective, we were just trying to show the viability of it if need be. If you have a 32 acp and are thinking about using it on a zombie, then this is for you, it sure beats using a sharp stick.... LOl Anyways, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TV-h-b_6vc&feature=plcp

_________________
PoBoySpecial: Ballistics Testing with a Zombie twist. Let's face it, if it can stop a Zombie, a bad guy doesn't have a chance!
http://www.youtube.com/user/poboyspecial


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:33 pm 
Offline
*

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:07 pm
Posts: 37
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3 times
Poboyspecial wrote:
OK, we have heard the cry for a more adequate testing of a zombie skull by using a coconut. Here is the testing of a 32 acp on a zombie coconut... and then some.
We understand that the round is not very cost effective, we were just trying to show the viability of it if need be. If you have a 32 acp and are thinking about using it on a zombie, then this is for you, it sure beats using a sharp stick.... LOl Anyways, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TV-h-b_6vc&feature=plcp


Yeah, that's a cool test... I wish I would have been there... I guess that Zombie was a "nut-head!!!"

I really like the penetration testing your've been doing with the 32... that's a viable little Zombie stopper, isn't it!?!?!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 5
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Stercutus wrote:
Perfect for Zombies and excellent for Jaberwocky. Past that I won't say. I think the Italian police used to use them years ago if that means anything.

I believe most European police agency used them through mid 20 th century as well .007, James Bond I believe Hitler committed suicide with one. Then there was "bad" Leroy Brown. He kept one in his pocket for fun. I just picked up a P32 a. Couple weeks ago. No complaints whatsoever. It conceals in a shirt breast pocket. I'll try some penetration tests this weekend.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:55 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm
Posts: 2993
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Slip wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
Perfect for Zombies and excellent for Jaberwocky. Past that I won't say. I think the Italian police used to use them years ago if that means anything.

I believe most European police agency used them through mid 20 th century as well .007, James Bond I believe Hitler committed suicide with one. Then there was "bad" Leroy Brown. He kept one in his pocket for fun. I just picked up a P32 a. Couple weeks ago. No complaints whatsoever. It conceals in a shirt breast pocket. I'll try some penetration tests this weekend.


Bond carried a .25 Beretta, but i look forward to your tests.

_________________
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:07 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 12257
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 233 times
BullOnParade wrote:
Slip wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
Perfect for Zombies and excellent for Jaberwocky. Past that I won't say. I think the Italian police used to use them years ago if that means anything.

I believe most European police agency used them through mid 20 th century as well .007, James Bond I believe Hitler committed suicide with one. Then there was "bad" Leroy Brown. He kept one in his pocket for fun. I just picked up a P32 a. Couple weeks ago. No complaints whatsoever. It conceals in a shirt breast pocket. I'll try some penetration tests this weekend.


Bond carried a .25 Beretta, but i look forward to your tests.

He actually stepped up from the Beretta to a 7.65 [.32 ACP] PPK in The Island of Dr. No in addition to a .38 Smith Centennial Airweight and occasionally a 1911, per the novels.

Still, Fleming knew about as much about firearms as a baby seal. If fictional characters were a good method for choosing firearms, they'd still make Tec-9s and I'd have a M11 in my nightstand.

_________________
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
Image
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:11 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Posts: 11362
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 582 times
Slip wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
Perfect for Zombies and excellent for Jaberwocky. Past that I won't say. I think the Italian police used to use them years ago if that means anything.

I believe most European police agency used them through mid 20 th century as well .007, James Bond I believe Hitler committed suicide with one. Then there was "bad" Leroy Brown. He kept one in his pocket for fun. I just picked up a P32 a. Couple weeks ago. No complaints whatsoever. It conceals in a shirt breast pocket. I'll try some penetration tests this weekend.


Bond used a lot of guns over the years always moving on to something better. Ah necro threads...

_________________
"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:36 pm 
Offline
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 1:04 am
Posts: 1460
Location: Augusta Georgia
Has thanked: 492 times
Been thanked: 72 times
Yeah, Bond was always stepping up to something better because of advice from fans. As mentioned before, Fleming knew very little about firearms. He had Bond carry a .25 ACP because that is what he was issued in WW2. He was in Naval Intelligence.

_________________
Image

Team Beards&Irons MilCopp 2013

Browning 35 for ZS President 2016. Make Zombie Squad Great Again!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:15 pm 
Offline
* *
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:21 pm
Posts: 110
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
With the modern metal technology and Buffalo bore ammo, the 32 acp can be more impressive than people think... or give it credit for now a days.

_________________
PoBoySpecial: Ballistics Testing with a Zombie twist. Let's face it, if it can stop a Zombie, a bad guy doesn't have a chance!
http://www.youtube.com/user/poboyspecial


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group