Traps

This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to bust up on some zombies.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

MicroBalrog
ZS Member
ZS Member

Traps

Post by MicroBalrog » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:01 am

One thing that's not often discussed is traps.

The undead are frequently attracted to sound (it's shown, for example, in the Walking Dead show).

So I was thinking of ways to lure them away from human habitation. The John Ringo shipping-container-with-a-woodchipper in it had already been discussed.

However, what about a sound system of some kind? In the post-apocalypse world, where almost everyone dead and cities are a lot more quiet than it used to be, it might be possible to lure zombies with a sound with one of the louder stereos turned on full blast, or a concert speaker. Have it repeat something like 'THIS IS A TRAP, HUMANS DO NOT FOLLOW' time and time again, and lure zombies in.

Then you can either shoot them or douse them in gasoline or whatever your preferred method of disposal. (If they're the 'disease-affected' type of zombies, then I think chemical warfare should at least be considered).

Another notion is the shipping container.

A shipping container has steep walls, and zombies can't get inside. Place one somewhere convenient, where the zombies can't get in, but you or your compatriot can get out. Cut a hole through the roof. Place ammunition inside, as well as a bed, a ladder, etc. Your compatriot sits on top of the shipping container and shoots the nearest zombie n the head with his rifle. More zombies appear. Repeat until bored or tired or out of ammo.

AlexanderPain
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead TV Show
Shawn of the Dead
Juan of the Dead
I am Legend

Re: Traps

Post by AlexanderPain » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:11 pm

There are lots of a fun Zombie traps. I was just thinking the other day that a public tennis court would be outstanding. Ours has two courts surrounded by a 25 foot (?) chain link fence with a chain-link gate/door on each side. It would be relatively easy to lure the zombies in through one chain link fence gate using a noise maker and then have a co-conspirator or use a rope to close the door behind them. A simple chain and padlock could keep them in.
People were once divided into hundreds of groups, but now there are just two: the living and the dead.
Check out my blog: http://www.howtofightzombies.com/
I've just published my first Zombie Novel: Zombie Complex - The Battle for Chattahoochee Run - http://amzn.to/2xMc8KE

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:05 pm

Have it repeat something like 'THIS IS A TRAP, HUMANS DO NOT FOLLOW' time and time again, and lure zombies in.
Hadn't thought of that. Clever and civic minded.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:36 pm

It wouldn't even have to be a terribly complicated trap. Dig a big pit. Set up your boom box. Go check every few days and bring a few gallons of diesel to set them on fire, which will eventually kill them and keep them from piling up so much that new ones can climb out.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

The Twizzler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

Post by The Twizzler » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:01 pm

I like your thinking, however.... if we assume the pit is big a few gallons of diesel aren't going to cut it. The zombies are people (dead, but still moving around)and a large percentage of them is still water. You might burn those nearest the dumping zone but the rest are just gonna be slightly singed and the smoke isn't going to bother them.

Towanda wrote:It wouldn't even have to be a terribly complicated trap. Dig a big pit. Set up your boom box. Go check every few days and bring a few gallons of diesel to set them on fire, which will eventually kill them and keep them from piling up so much that new ones can climb out.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:55 pm

if its a pit, use metal punji sticks so they don't move around then you can just pour the fuel on them and it wont need to waste as much.

plus the added bonus would be the smoke/smell/etc may attack MOAR zombies.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Abuhin

Post by Abuhin » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:08 pm

How about hanging lots of wind chimes from the high diving board of a swimming pool?
The pool design would have to be one where zombie that fall in won't be able to walk/climb out.
Disclaimer: For anonymity and security's sake, this poster may alter, omit, or fabricate details of his personal life and circumstances.

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:41 pm

Why didnt the people of alexandria just stand on their firing steps with 10' pikes and stab zeds in the head till their arms were tired and trade off?

SRO1911

Post by SRO1911 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:34 pm

Large empty field, heavy tracked dozer (high track d8 for bonus classic style points.
Chain drive handles to hard left/right turn, wire throttle, hop off.
It makes a nice wide circular path for AS long as the diesel lasts.... zed won't do more than grease the tracks

Return to “Zombie Combat Tactics”