Help!

This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to bust up on some zombies.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I cannot watch zombie flicks anymore. The violence & gore disturbs me.

Help!

Post by MPMalloy » Wed May 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Hey Everyone:

I forget. What is the effect of fire on zombies?

Thanks.
Matthew Paul Malloy
Veteran: USAR, USA, IAANG.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Re: Help!

Post by majorhavoc » Wed May 10, 2017 5:46 pm

Damages them and can impact their mobility. But its remarkably difficult to set a moving corpse alight and keep it burning without a lot of accelerant. Obviously given the right conditions and sufficient time, fire can completely consume a zombie and thus kill it.

But in general if you're trying to use fire stop a horde of hostile zombies hungering for living flesh, all you end up with is a flaming horde of hostile zombies hungering for living flesh.

As an aside, it's remarkably easy to write stuff like the above with the conviction that I have any idea what the hell I'm talking about. :crazy:

Truth: fire has been featured in zombie lore in film, TV, video games and written stories. Being fiction of course, fire impacts them however the creators of those media decide they want fire to impact them.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed May 10, 2017 6:04 pm

I believe it makes them break it down and get funky....

They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I cannot watch zombie flicks anymore. The violence & gore disturbs me.

Post by MPMalloy » Wed May 10, 2017 8:04 pm

Kinda of what I thought. Does any know what temperature you need to sustain for cremation? Time length?
Matthew Paul Malloy

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed May 10, 2017 8:37 pm

MPMalloy wrote:Kinda of what I thought. Does any know what temperature you need to sustain for cremation? Time length?
The big thing with cremation would be burning the bone to ash. That's where the high heat and time would come into play. For a zombie, you will only need a fraction of that to incapacitate it.

I would look more into flamethrowers in Europe and the Pacific in WW2 and stories to see how the were used and how well.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed May 10, 2017 8:56 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:Kinda of what I thought. Does any know what temperature you need to sustain for cremation? Time length?
The big thing with cremation would be burning the bone to ash. That's where the high heat and time would come into play. For a zombie, you will only need a fraction of that to incapacitate it.

I would look more into flamethrowers in Europe and the Pacific in WW2 and stories to see how the were used and how well.
From Wikipedia:
"Contemporary flamethrowers can incinerate a target some 50–80 meters (160–260 ft) from the gunner; moreover, an unignited stream of flammable liquid can be fired and afterwards ignited."
Damn!
Matthew Paul Malloy

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed May 10, 2017 9:25 pm

Matthew Paul Malloy

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

DrakarNoR
Favorite Zombie Movies: Cockneys vs Zombies, Shaun of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Resident Evil Series (most of them), Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland, Planet Terror, Aaah! Zombies and of course the Evil Dead series

Post by DrakarNoR » Tue May 30, 2017 5:38 pm

Realistically fire is a bad idea unless under the right circumstances, the flames would need to burn long and hot enough to disable the muscles to stop movement, or burn hot enough to melt or "pop" the brain. which could take some time. I always thought a moat-like trench around my property would be a great area to collect deadies and then set them ablaze, but otherwise I think you could do more damage to yourself and your surroundings than the actual zombies.
Ryan R Moradi

*FIDO*

Return to “Zombie Combat Tactics”