What if the government were evacuating

This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to bust up on some zombies.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

LowKey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)

Re: What if the government were evacuating

Post by LowKey » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:58 pm

teotwaki wrote:
masterbowmen wrote:Yes this post was about (day one of a zombie outbreak)

I have another question i might add would it be wise to leave or do anything rational on day 1 (i know it depends on how it is happening and we will never really know how we will react) what if you go to get something and end up killing someone (accidentally or not) or run someone over and it ends up being contained.
I honestly don't think it is a big problem. At the time of the event 911 and responders will be overloaded so it is unlikely you will have to deal with LEOs on the day of the incident. Run a dash or body cam and take cellphone pix so you have evidence to back up your story if you ever end up being questioned. Take someone with you who will back up your story.
Raptor did an outstanding thread on Hurricane Katrina, including the legal aftermath for people who caused the deaths of others. Some were LEO, some were not, some were found to be justifiable or otherwise excused due to circumstances, some resulted in prison sentences.
Document what occurs to the best of your ability. Contact your legal counsel (lawyer) and (following your attorneys advice) report what happened to LE as soon as feasible. Hiding things looks very bad when an investigation occurs.
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:35 pm

LowKey wrote:.....Document what occurs to the best of your ability. Contact your legal counsel (lawyer) and (following your attorneys advice) report what happened to LE as soon as feasible. Hiding things looks very bad when an investigation occurs.
Those are great points! It is interesting to discuss correct conduct when lawlessness is rampant.
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

Redshirt
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil game series. Not much of a TV/movie watcher.

Post by Redshirt » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:33 pm

If the government is evacuating, I'm already gone. Don't ever wait for the government response. It is never good. Be gone well beforehand.

rowdyrugby
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by rowdyrugby » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:35 pm

I live within a few miles of a marina with a nice sailboat that is stocked with a week worth of water, fishing gear, and 10 days worth of MREs (for 2 people). Ill be on the boat before they could possibly evacuate anyone. Plus thanks to some ingenious work, it is virtually impossible for anyone but myself to get her out of her slip. In the dead of winter, Id probably be gone a lot faster and have to take my alternate bug out option
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day

LowKey
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead

Post by LowKey » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:15 pm

rowdyrugby wrote:I live within a few miles of a marina with a nice sailboat that is stocked with a weeks worth of water, fishing gear, and 10 days worth of MREs (for 2 people). Ill be on the boat before they could possibly evacuate anyone. Plus thanks to some ingenious work, it is virtually impossible for anyone but myself to get her out of her slip. In the dead of winter, Id probably be gone a lot faster and have to take my alternate bug out option
Assuming that you have the legal right to take the boat in question, sounds good.
You do have the legal right to take the boat, yes?
Just covering the <precautionary> bases.

I'm close to a marina here(one of many) , filled to the brim with boats that easily exceed the multi-million dollar mark and with only one guard (who makes less than $150 a month). I don't own any of those boats, so as tempting as they might be I can't discuss using them to escape the region even if certain crazies (equivalent to headhunters, cannibals, and torturers) to my direct north suddenly popped up in the streets here.

Just sayin...
Last edited by LowKey on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:35 pm

LowKey wrote:
rowdyrugby wrote:I live within a few miles of a marina with a nice sailboat that is stocked with a weeks worth of water, fishing gear, and 10 days worth of MREs (for 2 people). Ill be on the boat before they could possibly evacuate anyone. Plus thanks to some ingenious work, it is virtually impossible for anyone but myself to get her out of her slip. In the dead of winter, Id probably be gone a lot faster and have to take my alternate bug out option
Assuming that you have the legal right to take the boat in question, sounds good.
You do have the legal right to take the boat, yes?
Though he doesn't explicitly say that he owns "said boat", I assume it is his since he is aware of its supplies and how to get it in and out of its slip. And it is his primary evacuation before his "alternate bug out option".
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:20 pm

rowdyrugby wrote:....thanks to some ingenious work, it is virtually impossible for anyone but myself to get her out of her slip.

How about that part? Would a non-owner of the boat have rigged it to limit theft? :mrgreen:

LowKey
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead

Post by LowKey » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:27 pm

teotwaki wrote:
rowdyrugby wrote:....thanks to some ingenious work, it is virtually impossible for anyone but myself to get her out of her slip.

How about that part? Would a non-owner of the boat have rigged it to limit theft? :mrgreen:
Anyone with access to the marina could do that.
For example, I might have rigged it so that one of the more promising yachts in the local marina would have a hell of a time getting out of the slip without my being there to help things along. I doubt the boat has been out of the slip in the last two years, despite that the owner sends someone down to care for her every 6 months or so. The guard on the marina simply wont bother anyone who's dressed well, so anyone could have access to the boats. :awesome:

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:41 am

LowKey wrote:Anyone with access to the marina could do that.
For example, I might have rigged it so that one of the more promising yachts in the local marina would have a hell of a time getting out of the slip without my being there to help things along. I doubt the boat has been out of the slip in the last two years, despite that the owner sends someone down to care for her every 6 months or so. The guard on the marina simply wont bother anyone who's dressed well, so anyone could have access to the boats. :
That sounds like someone who has never sailed in his life. Rowdyrugby owns a boat called a Pearson.

LowKey
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead

Post by LowKey » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:08 pm

teotwaki wrote:
LowKey wrote:Anyone with access to the marina could do that.
For example, I might have rigged it so that one of the more promising yachts in the local marina would have a hell of a time getting out of the slip without my being there to help things along. I doubt the boat has been out of the slip in the last two years, despite that the owner sends someone down to care for her every 6 months or so. The guard on the marina simply wont bother anyone who's dressed well, so anyone could have access to the boats. :
That sounds like someone who has never sailed in his life. Rowdyrugby owns a boat called a Pearson.
I doubt the owner of the boat knows how to sail. Down here most boats over 60ft the owner has a hired crew to operate it. It's not uncommon for them to buy the boat and never take it out of the slip. This isn't a stateside marina where the owners are on site frequently, or where the "staff" are anting resembling professional....typically it's one guy asleep in the booth. No gate, anyone can walk right down the dock.

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:26 pm

LowKey wrote:I doubt the owner of the boat knows how to sail. Down here most boats over 60ft the owner has a hired crew to operate it. It's not uncommon for them to buy the boat and never take it out of the slip. This isn't a stateside marina where the owners are on site frequently, or where the "staff" are anting resembling professional....typically it's one guy asleep in the booth. No gate, anyone can walk right down the dock.
Other posts by Rowdyrugby viewtopic.php?t=117971

I agree that a 60+ foot, crewed, foreign craft would not be a means of escape unless the owner was tight with his crew.

radicalreverie

Post by radicalreverie » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:56 pm

teotwaki wrote:What better way to become infected than being in the middle of the unwashed masses?

I would be definitely bugging in.

Couldn't agree more.
Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions be louder than your words.

Return to “Zombie Combat Tactics”