It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Surrounded in a Car
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:46 am 
Offline
*
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:12 pm
Posts: 48
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Ok, so I haven't read all the topics in this section yet, so maybe this is redundant, but just in case it's not:

I've seen many zombie-based films and television shows over the years, and one of the most commonly utilized tropes is the ol' surrounded in a car situation.

So, deux ex machina notwithstanding, what is the best way to cope with/survive/escape this situation?

_________________
In the animal kingdom, one of the keys to survival is to outwit your enemies.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
More Tips and Products from Apocalypse Pal


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Surrounded in a Car
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:52 am 
Offline
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 15858
Location: Greater New Orleans Area
Has thanked: 951 times
Been thanked: 509 times
apocalypsepal wrote:
Ok, so I haven't read all the topics in this section yet, so maybe this is redundant, but just in case it's not:

I've seen many zombie-based films and television shows over the years, and one of the most commonly utilized tropes is the ol' surrounded in a car situation.

So, deux ex machina notwithstanding, what is the best way to cope with/survive/escape this situation?



My suggestion would be to drive away.

_________________
Duco Ergo Sum

ImageImageImage

Hall of Fame Forum


Forum Rules Link


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Surrounded in a Car
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:53 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member

Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:11 pm
Posts: 946
Location: Trinity City, Texas
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 56 times
I assume my trusty steed has high centered or some such foolishness.

I would fire my pistol repeatedly through the roof of my car (earmuffs and plugs of course) to gather as many zombies as tightly as I could to my car. Then I would use my jumper cables and tool kit to take the 650 volt power from my hybrid's battery bank and electrocute/short circuit :shock: all the zombies touching my car, touching zombies who are touching my car, ect. (humming ashes ashes we all fall DOWN)

Gather my pack and gear, set my car on fire for a horde confusing distraction, and move out smartly to rendezvous with a busload of cheerleaders from Holy St. Michael's Tactical School of Exorcism. 8-)

_________________
Boldly going nowhere


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Surrounded in a Car
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:41 pm 
Offline
* *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:34 pm
Posts: 125
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 1 time
If I'm in a car like lets say in "the battery"
And have a sunroof (that works), and a ball bat..
I guess I'd open the sunroof pop out periodically and swing for the fences for...
...5 minute intervals.
Until the crowd was cleared, I actually wondered why Ben and Mickey didn't do exactly that.

_________________
"I've stared Azreal in the face enough that we should be pretty good friends."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Surrounded in a Car
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:47 pm 
Offline
* * *

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:56 am
Posts: 479
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 35 times
I remember it being covered somewhere. You release the hand break and slip the car in neutral. None of the zombie pressure will be even and so the car will either be pushed forwards or backwards. The faster you go the more they will push the car trying to keep up.

Then just drive where you need to go.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Surrounded in a Car
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:41 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Posts: 1978
Location: Yo Momma's House
Has thanked: 313 times
Been thanked: 271 times
If only I didn't sell my old Jeep with its ghetto-blaster-subwoofer-system.... I'd be melting zombies with bass to the face. It will cause brain damage... I know.... that's why my Brain Haz the Dum Dum

_________________
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:
There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Surrounded in a Car
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:42 pm 
Offline
*
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:12 pm
Posts: 48
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time
raptor wrote:
apocalypsepal wrote:
Ok, so I haven't read all the topics in this section yet, so maybe this is redundant, but just in case it's not:

I've seen many zombie-based films and television shows over the years, and one of the most commonly utilized tropes is the ol' surrounded in a car situation.

So, deux ex machina notwithstanding, what is the best way to cope with/survive/escape this situation?



My suggestion would be to drive away.


Gwa-haw :roll:

_________________
In the animal kingdom, one of the keys to survival is to outwit your enemies.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
More Tips and Products from Apocalypse Pal


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Surrounded in a Car
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:43 pm 
Offline
*
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:12 pm
Posts: 48
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Zimmy wrote:
I assume my trusty steed has high centered or some such foolishness.

I would fire my pistol repeatedly through the roof of my car (earmuffs and plugs of course) to gather as many zombies as tightly as I could to my car. Then I would use my jumper cables and tool kit to take the 650 volt power from my hybrid's battery bank and electrocute/short circuit :shock: all the zombies touching my car, touching zombies who are touching my car, ect. (humming ashes ashes we all fall DOWN)

Gather my pack and gear, set my car on fire for a horde confusing distraction, and move out smartly to rendezvous with a busload of cheerleaders from Holy St. Michael's Tactical School of Exorcism. 8-)


You, my friend, are a titan of survival.

_________________
In the animal kingdom, one of the keys to survival is to outwit your enemies.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
More Tips and Products from Apocalypse Pal


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Surrounded in a Car
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:44 pm 
Offline
*
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:12 pm
Posts: 48
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time
superduder wrote:
If I'm in a car like lets say in "the battery"
And have a sunroof (that works), and a ball bat..
I guess I'd open the sunroof pop out periodically and swing for the fences for...
...5 minute intervals.
Until the crowd was cleared, I actually wondered why Ben and Mickey didn't do exactly that.


Provided you take into consideration zombies continuously massing and your fatigue level. Might work.

_________________
In the animal kingdom, one of the keys to survival is to outwit your enemies.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
More Tips and Products from Apocalypse Pal


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Surrounded in a Car
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:45 pm 
Offline
*
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:12 pm
Posts: 48
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time
JeeperCreeper wrote:
If only I didn't sell my old Jeep with its ghetto-blaster-subwoofer-system.... I'd be melting zombies with bass to the face. It will cause brain damage... I know.... that's why my Brain Haz the Dum Dum


Were you a co-writer for Dead Rising? Not bad, you rock god, you.

_________________
In the animal kingdom, one of the keys to survival is to outwit your enemies.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
More Tips and Products from Apocalypse Pal


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group