Child zombies

This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to bust up on some zombies.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

norcalprep

Child zombies

Post by norcalprep » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:46 pm

I always thought how people in movies who had to deal with child zombies to be so ludicrous.

Recently, my daughter has been having night terrors. For those of you who don't know, the kids will suddenly bolt upright in their bed screaming their heads off, thrash around, and generally behave as if they're possessed. Last night she did it again, and when I went to check on her, I suddenly understood how the (fictional) parents must have felt seeing their children as zombies.

I went to my daughter's room and opened the door slowly so as not to startle her. It's very dark in there, and my eyes have not adjusted after just watching TV. A dim shaft of light from the hallway nightlight edges into her room. Suddenly, I make out a shape bolting out of bed, sprinting towards me with a piercing scream, arms outstretched, and all I see is Frozen's Elsa and Anna PJs racing towards me! I have to admit that that was terrifying to witness!! I could barely breathe, and held her at arms length for a brief second before letting her jump in my arms. It was like time slowed to a crawl when she raced through the dim light, and sped up again after I was holding her.

So, yeah, just want to say I understand why those people hesitate in movies.

Stercutus

Re: Child zombies

Post by Stercutus » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:47 pm

So err... How did you "take care of them"

Or were they not zombies?
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

ZombieDude
Favorite Zombie Movies: Day of the Dead!!!!!

Post by ZombieDude » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:19 pm

haha that's terrifying!

I always dress my kids up as zombies for Halloween. Have you ever seen the part where Rick has to shoot Sophia in The Walking Dead? nobody wants to kill zombie kids, even if they do want to eat your brains

AfleetAlex
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Post by AfleetAlex » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:49 pm

What happening with your kid, that they're having night terrors?
Come with me if you want to live.

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:21 am

AfleetAlex wrote:What happening with your kid, that they're having night terrors?
Nothing much probably. I still have night terrors, hypnopompic hallucinations & other sleep disturbances and I'm 41 :crazy: :rofl:
I'd only be concerned about your child if they're a sudden development, with no prior occurrences. Acute stressors trigger mine usually.
Some people are prone to them, sometimes kids grow out of them as they get older but sometimes they don't. It's disturbing to loved ones unfortunate enough to be wakened out of a sound sleep and disturbing to the person suffering them if it's a real terrifying hallucination :gonk:
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

norcalprep

Post by norcalprep » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:45 am

AfleetAlex wrote:What happening with your kid, that they're having night terrors?
Maybe stresses from transitioning to new daycare? The last few days of the last nanny was pretty piss-poor, too. Very unpleasant for all involved. I had to wrest our housekey back.

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland

Post by wee drop o' bush » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:49 am

norcalprep wrote:
Maybe stresses from transitioning to new daycare? The last few days of the last nanny was pretty piss-poor, too. Very unpleasant for all involved. I had to wrest our housekey back.
That'll do it, poor kid. It should settle down once the stressors diminish.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.

norcalprep

Post by norcalprep » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:01 pm

wee drop o' bush wrote:
norcalprep wrote:
That'll do it, poor kid. It should settle down once the stressors diminish.
Thanks, and I really hope so since the only other possibility is that she is slowly becoming a zombie, and I just don't want to face that yet :D If she's 'Patient Zero' of the zombiepocalypse, then I'm "Victim 1".

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland

Child zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:25 pm

Just think though, you'd make the history books (if civilisation survives the ZOMPOC caused by your Darlin' little daughter) :rofl:

apocalypsepal
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead

Post by apocalypsepal » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:09 pm

norcalprep wrote:I always thought how people in movies who had to deal with child zombies to be so ludicrous.

Recently, my daughter has been having night terrors. For those of you who don't know, the kids will suddenly bolt upright in their bed screaming their heads off, thrash around, and generally behave as if they're possessed. Last night she did it again, and when I went to check on her, I suddenly understood how the (fictional) parents must have felt seeing their children as zombies.

I went to my daughter's room and opened the door slowly so as not to startle her. It's very dark in there, and my eyes have not adjusted after just watching TV. A dim shaft of light from the hallway nightlight edges into her room. Suddenly, I make out a shape bolting out of bed, sprinting towards me with a piercing scream, arms outstretched, and all I see is Frozen's Elsa and Anna PJs racing towards me! I have to admit that that was terrifying to witness!! I could barely breathe, and held her at arms length for a brief second before letting her jump in my arms. It was like time slowed to a crawl when she raced through the dim light, and sped up again after I was holding her.

So, yeah, just want to say I understand why those people hesitate in movies.
This is traumatizing... but I understand also.
In the animal kingdom, one of the keys to survival is to outwit your enemies.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
More Tips and Products from Apocalypse Pal

LyraJean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (Sidney Poitier)
Shaun of the Dead
ZombieLand

Post by LyraJean » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:35 pm

My husband says I have night terrors sometimes. I don't remember them though but if stress causes them it was a pretty stressful for me at the time they were happening.
My blog: Beyond Tourism: Florida's Yesteryear A blog about Florida History

duodecima
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by duodecima » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:58 pm

wee drop o' bush wrote:
Nothing much probably. I still have night terrors, hypnopompic hallucinations & other sleep disturbances and I'm 41 :crazy: :rofl:
I'd only be concerned about your child if they're a sudden development, with no prior occurrences. Acute stressors trigger mine usually.
Some people are prone to them, sometimes kids grow out of them as they get older but sometimes they don't. It's disturbing to loved ones unfortunate enough to be wakened out of a sound sleep and disturbing to the person suffering them if it's a real terrifying hallucination :gonk:
Yeah, night terrors are a completely different beast than nightmares. Different EEG, happen at different stages of sleep.
"When someone shows you who they are believe them" M. Angelou

Return to “Zombie Combat Tactics”