It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:25 am 

What is your dream load out/set up against 28 days later zombies?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:36 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Absolute dream? As in "money, what's that?" and "the ammo cache under which mountain?" and "you spent how many million on this fortress?"

Star fort, reinforced concrete with gabeon baskets of local rock piled up to 10 ft below the top of the wall. Wood chippers at the inner points of the star, herd the zeds to them, CHUNK!, refine their fats into biodiesel for chippers, vehicles, generators and continue the process. Dillon M134's, pintle mounted, at the outer point of each star. Greenhouses within the fort, a solar array and a nice deep well. An armory with several select fire M4's, Glock 18's, maybe an M249 or two and a firearm in every of the top 50 or so US/NATO calibers, also filled with parts, ammo, reloading equipment. A garage with three diesel trucks, one in the most popular make each for Ford, GM and Dodge, and parts to keep them on the road for 75 years or so. A small hangar with a diesel Glasair Sportsman 2+2 or any other number of diesel planes, and while we're at it, maybe an MQ-1C Gray Eagle (Diesel drone) or two. And parts, for 75 years of use. Comms array with HAM, FM, AM, shortwave, and VHF/UHF frequency capabilities.

And a runway.

More realistically, and if you're just talking about weapons, (28 takes place in Britain, right?) a Glock 17 with RMR, light; L22A2 with Acog and thermal sights, as well as suppressor and light; L1A1 (Really Ma Deuce) mounted on a Foxhound (That sounds a hell of a lot classier than MRAP, I've got to say) and ideally three other people, with P226's, BHP's, MP5SD3's, an L22A2 and, since we've got a .50 already, an L82A1.

Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:29 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Ruger 10/22..... just kidding

Since I don't have to worry about head shots, but just putting the raged-out-adrenaline-filled-infected down SUPER FAST, I'm gonna pick all out power:

Rifle: AK variant in 7.62x39 (heavy bullet as opposed to the 5.56 but softer shooting and lighter rifle than the 7.62x51)
Shotgun: Mossberg 930 12 gauge (maybe some Brenneke Black magic slugs, mabe some regular buckshot)
Handgun: Ruger Blackhawk with Buffalo Bore .45 Colt +P Deer Grenades (my new favorite for 1 shot drops)

Vehicle: Ford Raptor (fast and beefy, I feel like the underguts can handle running things over better than most modern civvie vehicles)
Sexy Woman Sidekick: Rhona Mitra from Doomsday or Katee Sackhoff from Longmire/Riddick (vehicle or woman... whats the difference?? ZING!!!!)

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:45 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I have my set up dual Glock 19s and plenty of ammo. The wife has one also so that makes 3 in the house total.

[img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/17/d66d8f479d57b417168269cb76cfde49.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:57 pm 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria as a BOL

A couple of Hughes 500Ds as an aerial BOV

A couple of LAVs

A whole bunch of diesel/Jet A.

ImageImageImage

Hall of Fame Forum

Forum Rules Link

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:31 pm 

So I am not sure if the biology of the 28 days later zombie vs. the classic zombie has been discussed before. Classic shuffling Zombies require only some brain damage to be stopped. With a classic zombie I rather have something accurate, high capacity and with low recoil. If money is no object with classic zombies, I would get a PS90 rifle and a FiveSeven pistol.

However, it seems those infected with the "Rage Virus" are still living humans, just acting more like someone on serious PCP and Bath Salts. They can die with a few rounds to the chest but they will no feel it and they will be running at you all the way until they die. I think with 28 days later ragers you need more stopping power than a 5.7x28. I think something like an AK-47 is a good compromise between stopping power and something with good capacity and lighter weight to run with than say a .308 battle rifle. So my loadout would be;

Rifle - Arsenal SA M-7 , AK-47. USA Made milled receiver, with Plum colored synthetic furniture...why plum...why not.

Handgun FNX-45 , 15 rounds of 45apc goodness in flat dark earth...because why not I have a dark purple AK.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:41 pm 

Eagle Industries 12 ga Gatling Shotgun. I have learned from our "are shotguns overrated" thread. I just need to start working on upper body strength.....

http://aec.brebeuf.qc.ca/web/2012/franc ... page_id=50

Oh, and maybe an M113 with some friends.

Though to be honest, I"m not sure any of that is real :gonk:

Well, at least M113s are.

Eh, 20mm AA cannon. Close enough to a 12 ga. 8-)

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:47 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

raptor wrote:

A couple of Hughes 500Ds as an aerial BOV

A couple of LAVs

A whole bunch of diesel/Jet A.

Definitely dreaming big. Good choice :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:53 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I'll take an Unreal Tournament 3 Stinger Minigun, with the UT3 Flak Cannon as a secondary weapon. Unlimited ammo of course. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:27 pm 

This is going to be fun....

I am going to separate these into a few categories (Meaning will be explained by the "class" name)

Leroy Jenkins: Dual Uzi, huge ammunition supplies, explosive vest (For when things go bad)

Stereotype COD player: Cheytac Intervention, COD physics, Wunderwaffe

"Badass": Dual Minigun (Because I'm a badass and have Chuck Norris muscles)

Realistic: Old Style Gaol (Brick walls etc) ACOG scoped rifle using popular ammunition and backup pistol

Completely ridiculous: Efficient laser machine gun, Solar Power armour, ODIN Laser system.

Daryl out

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:22 am 

A PTR-91 lobbing some variation of JSP hunting bullets. Put 'em down now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:43 pm 

vegasguy wrote:

I haven't see that film but i found interesting 28 Days Later this note:
Quote:
zombies are generally slow, unintelligent, and hungry for human flesh
possess no supernatural abilities or inhuman strengths
a bite-transmitted condition

House.
An "house" made of stone or reinforced concrete with a sufficient amount of food for last years.
Energy efficiency and at least the bedroom partially sound-proof.
A peephole on the door present on each room.
Thick steel doors on the front of the house and even inside between each room.
Unbreakable glass starting from the second floor.
Fireplace inside and outside the house.
A perimeter made of reinforced concrete high at least 4m with enough interior space to make a vegetable cultivation.
A large greenhouse inside the perimeter and two smaller greenhouse adjacent to the house.
Growing plants:
- some olive trees (frantoio and leccino), 1 ficus carica
- Rosmarinus officinalis, Salvia officinalis, Lettuce leaf basil and Ocimum basilicum basil, lavandula, melissa, peppermint, Origanum vulgare, Capparis spinosa, Matricaria chamomilla, Winter savory (Satureja montana),
Nasturtiums (Tropaeolum majus, Indian Cress):'Strawberry Ice','Crimson Emperor','Strawberries and Cream'; Armoracia rusticana,
Tropaeolum majus, Anethum graveolens
Perhaps also:
Agastache ‘Blue Fortune’, Agastache rugosa (Korean hyssop; wrinkled giant hyssop).
- Aloe vera, trifolium, Chrysanthemum cinerariifolium, Echinacea purpurea, medicago, ornithopus, Calendula officinalis, Viola spp
- for scent without alimentary uses:
Pelargonium odoratissimum,
Iris germanica Clarence,Iris germanica Sky Search, Iris germanica var florentina, Iris germanica Batik, Iris Barbata Elatior, Iris Cloud Ballet, Iris Feed Back, Iris Hemstitched, Iris Peggy Sue, Iris Ruling Lord,
Lilium Broken Heart, Lilium Tigerwoods,
Narcissus:Acropolis 4 W-R,Ariel 8 W-W,Cheerfulness 4 W-WY,Erlicheer 4 W-YWW,Golden Dawn 8 Y-O, Golden Rain 4 Y-YOO,Manly 4 Y-O, Ziva 8 W-W;
Trachelospermum jasminoides,Trachelospermum jasminoides Star of Toscane, jasmine polyanthum, Jasminum humile 'Revolutum', Jasminum sambac (Grand Duke of Tuscany Jasmine) perhaps with attention during the winter
- Ribes nigrum 'Ben Lomond', Blueberry 'Chandler' Vaccinium corymbosum, Tayberry 'Buckingham' Rubus,Raspberry 'Autumn Treasure' Rubus idaeus, Blackberry 'Loch Ness' Rubus fruticosus
- Solanum tuberosum: Potato 'Pink Fir Apple', Potato 'Charlotte', Potato 'Lady Christl',Potato 'Red Duke of York'; Ipomoea batatas Sweet Potato: 'Carolina Ruby', 'Beauregard Improved'; Allium cepa, Phaseolus vulgaris, Daucus carota subsp. sativus,Daucus carota: Carrot Flyaway F1 Hybrid,Carrot Eskimo F1 Hybrid,Carrot 'Sugarsnax 54' F1 Hybrid; Allium sativum, Allium ursinum, Allium ascalonicum, Allium schoenoprasum, Zucchini: Paycheck,Dunja F1,Spineless Perfection; Lettuce Smile, Triticum dicoccum, Hordeum vulgare, Helianthus annuus,Cynara cardunculus
Later I will probably remove the hybrid F1 since I read that they don't produce seed or what little seed is produced don't take the characteristics of the parent.
For what I read don't seems simple grow tomato.
Perhaps even a Gossypium, but the aim would be to not spinning it.
Some varieties that i indicated apparently help to ward off pests while I put other plants fragrant, don't only for the nice smell, but also to counter the stench of the zombies.
Eisenia fetida and Eisenia andrei: worm very useful for make compost when the temperature isn't cold.
Agrotextiles sheets: they are made of stabilized polypropylene.
Hoes, spades, rakes, pitchforks and sickle, the shovel, the scissors and shears, knife for grafting, the pick and sickle.
Raise chicken (on two different cages) for fresh food and the eggs (Robusta Lionata),Mugellese mmm I suppose mainly for brooding hen, eventually even some of the Robusta Lionata.
Book how raise chicken, growing vegetables, how to maintain the weapons and disassembled them, etc.
Platforms around the perimeter wall for an easy visual check and shoot on it and don't only from the attic of the building.
A water source that can be used directly on the house and a water hole (as backup) outside the house but inside the perimeter and near the house.
Solar panel.
Camera (for night vision and some thermal vision) around the perimeter, inside the perimeter and inside the house.
Ton of batteries.
Some sundial.
Portable stethoscope wall microphone that use 4x1.5V battery.
Ton of weapon and since aren't present issue about space or weight I could finally make a really long list! :D

Weaponry.
5.56×45mm NATO
5xSIG Sauer Carbon Fiber 516
5xHeckler & Koch HK416 A5 - 14.5"

.22LR
5 Smith&Wesson M&P 15-22
5 Smith&Wesson Model 617
10 Riflescope: Leupold Prismatic (for the .22LR rifle)

9mm
5 Beretta 92FS
5 Smith&Wesson Model 929

10 Riflescope: Leupold Prismatic (for the .22LR rifle)
10 Riflescope: Leupold Mark 4 1-3x14mm CQ/T
For the 5.56×45mm NATO rifle, since in the case of space for growing, the distance to be covered from the house outside the perimeter would be greater:
5 Bushnell AR Optics 3-12x 40mm
3 Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42 with Z-Plex reticle
5 Zeiss Conquest HD5 3-15x42 with Z-Plex reticle
5 Zeiss Conquest HD5 3-15x50 with Z-Plex reticle

20 Nightvision: ATN PS15-WPT

Houndred of magazine for each firearm.
Hundreds of thousands of rounds to put inside magazine later.
Some maths.
(30 day x 8 months) x 50 shoot = 12000 round each year
But I will round well to 15000 given that is impossible a 100% accuracy and some ammo could gone bad regardless the attention during the storage.
Assuming a total of 120.000 rounds, considering that I indicated three different calibers, I should think the distribution between them.
A major problem on that subdivision is understand if the caliber .22LR is efficient, because if it was not I would avoid mention them, and this will simplify the management of all and perhaps I could add another firearm on the 9mm list.
Suppressor for everything.

3 aluminum baseball bat
3 Katana 70 cm
3 Ka-Bar Kraton Handled Big Brother
5 Kukri Machete

Strategies.
Put in every room one type of every weapon present, with ammo and food.
Leaving about 50 % on the ground floor since I don't known the total weight of all the material and I would like to avoid stressing the structure of the building.
Understand if the zombies are going away if they are not disturbed by noise.
If this is not the case hit those who are about 20m and farther to prevent that the accumulation of bodies allow other zombies to climb over the perimeter.

Using the .22LR weapon for shooting from the platform around the perimeter while reserve the 5.56×45mm from shooting from the top floor of the house.

Always carry one pistol and a revolver, while take the rifle only when the idea is shoot the zombie outside the perimeter.

Follow a schedule about check the perimeter, the weapon, the state of the battery, etc.

Growing plants and raise chicken especially in the early years would serve primarily as a supplement to the diet based on stored long-term food stored since it is unlikely that the initial attempts end up all right and the seasons are variable.

One funny thing about being surrounded by zombies would be to be protected from wolves, foxes, feral dogs. Since usually the movie said that animal avoid to be near zombie regardless if they ate them or not.

Critical issue.
Ensuring that there are no objects that could fall on the perimeter wall favoring the coming of the zombies.
Suppose that a tree falling sideways in the perimeter wall, if isn't notice quickly the situation became critical very quickly.
Cut it require too much time, burn it takes time and burns even the surroundings with the resulting toxic smoke, try to use a general-purpose plastic explosive, on the wrong quantity, could weaken or worst break the perimeter wall.
A trip outside the perimeter for remove the issue before something like that happen, would not be very feasible being surrounded by zombies though probably there is no alternative except to wait that nothing happens.
Be sicken, procure to themselves injury, food poisoning.
Since can't be easy to keep the course in a time during apocalypse ingesting food badly preserved.
Poisonous snakes and mice that came on the field.
The transmission of diseases from wild animals.
For reduce the trasmission of diseases from other bird at the chicken, facilitate the collection of the eggs, keep safe them from the possibility that some wildlife animal is able to penetrate the perimeter, I should put them in a large cage.
End of the battery, since seem that even the night vision that use AA battery can't use the rechargeable.
Vehicle that don't work if it proves necessary to leave since they may remain stationary for years, on a similar setup, so isn't something to be excluded.

Note:
But if the zombie behind crush those that are located in front of the perimeter the strategy to follow would be totally different since no matter how high would the perimeter wall the simple accumulation of the bodies would be sufficient for their passage. On that case there is no way of even thinking about crops or livestock.
And the amount of weapons, food, etc. would be reduced accordingly, because it would not be enough space available for their transport.

Last edited by alessandro on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:59 am, edited 115 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:04 am 

Compact Binocular:
- 2x Carl Zeiss Victory HT 10x42
for check the zombie ouside the perimeter from the top of the house
- 2x Carl Zeiss Victory 10x32 T* FL
- 4x Bushnell H2O 10x 26mm
Some inside the house, on different room, two inside the pick-up, two inside the tank, the others as backup.
Portable LED lamps that use AA battery
- 3xBushnell Rubicon Lighting T100L Flashlight
- 3xBushnell Rubicon Lighting T200L Flashlight
Hearing protection
- Pro Ears Ultra 33 (NRR 33) when shooting from the house outside the perimeter
- Elvex UltraSonic Foldable HB-550 (NRR 27) when inside the perimeter
- Earplugs with an average NRR around 25-26 for eventual combination or during the summer when inside the perimeter
Glove protection
- an Oakley Si Assault
- a Mechanix Taa M-pact 3
- a Hexarmor Hercules NSR
Glass protection
- Smith Optics Aegis ARC
- Smith Optics Aegis Outside The Wire
- Oakley SI Ballistic Goggle 2.0
- Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0
A certain ammount of Dress that give protection.
Medical kit level 1-1.5.

Vehicle.
I think a tank could be a nice choice since in this case we will try to stay in the house which involves, automatically, to be surrounded from zombie after some time so, if for any reason, you must later go, I think only a tank could be effective.
About the tank I will say a model easy to use even on narrow street.
I think a good compromise could be an FV4034 Challenger 2 since a tank too light (as for example the M113s) is more likely to tip over when it would be necessary go over the blocking of car or some important major debris present on the road.
Maintain just 2 round for the 120 mm (but even 0, so nothing at all, could be good) that give even the additional benefit of reducing the overall weight of the vehicle.
The idea behind eventually 2 round for the 120mm would be to use them in case a road is totally infested with zombies, or the block to overcome result of significant size, to speed up the run, but I don't think would be something necessary.
Behind the tank I would add a trailer where put many things including an Off-Road 4x4 Vehicles ideally used once abandoned the tank.
Perhaps a Ford Ranger with 4 seats to have more space inside where put dress, etc.
With unbreakable glass but I have no idea whether this is a possible option.
Naturally inside the tank and the pick-up must already have weapon and some other essential things in case of an hasty escape.

Note:
I do not take into considerations helicopters for maintenance problems and reduced load capacity. :lol:

I split the topic in two parts since is became quite long.

Last edited by alessandro on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:34 am, edited 13 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:57 am 

raistlin wrote:
I'll take an Unreal Tournament 3 Stinger Minigun, with the UT3 Flak Cannon as a secondary weapon. Unlimited ammo of course. :mrgreen:

If you're grabbing Unreal Tournament 3 weapons, I want the scorpion from that game.

And a M-61 Vulcan, because I've always wanted one.

Actually just give me an A-10 Warthog, because I'm not sure how else to carry around a GAU-8 Avenger.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:49 am 

List if the zombie behind crush those that are located in front assuming to be able to have a means of transport.
At what I have already specified on the:
First scenario.
I will add some other things as:
more water
more food
2xSmith &Wesson M&P15-22
2xSmith-Wesson Model 617
4xNightvision: ATN PS15-WPT

3 Kukri Machete instead of one
2 aluminum baseball bat
2 Katana 70 cm
5 spears long around 1.5 m
Too long would be difficult to transport and would catch more easily with the rest of the material in the machine. Just as a system to impale single zombi or at least slow down it before the cut using the Katana or the Machete.
However I think a spear remain ineffective against a group of zombies, no matter how long is it, indeed would even easier from the zombi take it from your hands.

As for the vehicle an Iveco LMV seems interesting.

Last edited by alessandro on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:57 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

s.leinicke wrote:
If you're grabbing Unreal Tournament 3 weapons, I want the scorpion from that game.

And a M-61 Vulcan, because I've always wanted one.

Actually just give me an A-10 Warthog, because I'm not sure how else to carry around a GAU-8 Avenger.

Good choices, although I would probably go with the Scorpion over the Warthog :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:30 pm 

Simplified firearm list:
Weaponry.
5.56×45mm NATO
6xHeckler & Koch HK416 A5 - 14.5"
+
spare parts for other 10.

9mm
4 Beretta 92FS
4 Smith&Wesson Model 929
plus spare parts.

Last edited by alessandro on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:22 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

raptor wrote:

Totally. Gimme a comfy and defensible place, enough food, water and beer, and entertainment to go dark and hide out for a month. I'll see you after the ragers have all starved.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:02 pm 

I guess I will take a spot near the bridge overlooking Neuschwanstein castle court yard a good sniper hide and a suppressed .50cal for when the ragers make it over the wall. Y'all wear pink shirts so I know who not to shoot.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:59 pm 

vegasguy wrote:

Brooklyn Smasher, two firearm pistols, riot gear, al-la-Walking Dead, sawback knife, and a healthy assortment of food calorie sups.