Blessed weapons- guns only or ammunition too?

This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to bust up on some zombies.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Re: Blessed weapons- guns only or ammunition too?

Post by Jeriah » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:06 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:D20 rules, weapons confer blessings, curses, and enchantments onto projectiles. I've never personally blessed a firearm, but I did curse a particular M16 rather often. Didn't seem to make a difference.
You can also bless (or enchant) each projectile, but it won't stack with the weapon enchantment. I think, though, you can have one spell on the weapon and a different type on the ammo. So for example, a +1 bow can shoot frost arrows, and you get both the +1 and the cold damage. But a +1 bow shooting +2 arrows would be +2; you get the higher enchantment but not both.

DFWMTX
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DFWMTX » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:24 pm

I had my first gun -a Browning Hi-Power clone - blessed in a Wiccan ceremony. I hear Asatru do much the same.

Also, considering the facts that Japanese society considered the Emperor semi-divine, the chrysanthemum on WW2 Japanese rifles was considered the blessing of the emperor. It's part of the reason for the order to grind off/disfigure 'mums on bring-back guns after the war.

Considering the voodoo origin of zombies, I have a great blessed zombie weapon. It's a shotgun dedicated to Papa Chango, orisha of fire and iron. :twisted:
It can always get worse.

Spiffums
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Spiffums » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:47 pm

I went to a church for a little while that after a home invasion in the area where the homeowners firearm failed to work the preacher wanted to have a service to bless the guns in the members homes. It made him feel better but I didn't take mine out of the holster.

apocalypsepal
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead

Post by apocalypsepal » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:55 pm

EndeavourOfWill wrote:I'm not religious but I'm not above trying to get every advantage I can when the end of days rolls around.

Just in-case the zombie apocalypse is a herald for demons to start running around I decided to try to get my weapons blessed :evil:

Naturally hand held weapons should be blessed. Blessed swords ala almost every video game I've played, blessed Ax's ('Otis'), golf clubs (from that jay and silent bob movie) but what are the rules when it comes to firearms?

Is it acceptable to just get the firearm blessed or does someone need to have their ammunition blessed too? If so, can a priest just bless a 30-round magazine or does every bullet need to be blessed?

Having a trunk full of melee weapons and firearms blessed with a quick wave of a hand would be very economical but it might be trickier to get a priest to bless every single bullet.

Lastly, ya'all figure if I donated some monies to a church one of their priests would actually do this or would they likely figure I'm a nutbar and call the cops?

I would suggest blessing a firetruck.
Then, getting a lot of food rations, a nice sized baseball bat, and surround your house in siege spikes.
In the animal kingdom, one of the keys to survival is to outwit your enemies.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
More Tips and Products from Apocalypse Pal

CK14

Post by CK14 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Its always interesting to see what emerges from the ZS basement.
Pee when you can, eat when you can.

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:33 pm

Indeed.

Though I am now considering siege spikes. ;)
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

Phoenix David
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I am legend, Omega man

Post by Phoenix David » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:31 pm

EndeavourOfWill wrote:Having a trunk full of melee weapons and firearms blessed with a quick wave of a hand would be very economical but it might be trickier to get a priest to bless every single bullet.

Lastly, ya'all figure if I donated some monies to a church one of their priests would actually do this or would they likely figure I'm a nutbar and call the cops?
As an ordained minister I have blessed all my ammunition and firearms, and so far it has worked exquisitely.

With proper preparation and visualization techniques it is very easy to bless large lots of ammunition, firearms I prefer to do on an individual basis.
Nobody ever wishes they brought a smaller gun to a gun fight

apocalypsepal
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead

Post by apocalypsepal » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:02 pm

Phoenix David wrote:
EndeavourOfWill wrote:Having a trunk full of melee weapons and firearms blessed with a quick wave of a hand would be very economical but it might be trickier to get a priest to bless every single bullet.

As an ordained minister I have blessed all my ammunition and firearms, and so far it has worked exquisitely.

With proper preparation and visualization techniques it is very easy to bless large lots of ammunition, firearms I prefer to do on an individual basis.
Ordination gives you the power to bless ammo?

Then, we all need to be ordained immediately :wink: :wink: :wink:
In the animal kingdom, one of the keys to survival is to outwit your enemies.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
More Tips and Products from Apocalypse Pal

Return to “Zombie Combat Tactics”