Your overall survival

This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to bust up on some zombies.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Anonymous Survivor

Your overall survival

Post by Anonymous Survivor » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:53 pm

I have noticed n this site that their arent many articled dedicated to overall survival. So heres one.
Survival tip number 1- Range- range is everything when fighting the undead (and or infected) short range weapons are the favorite of media it requires you to be to close to an infected for you to kill them. something along the lines of an axe, sledge hammer, or ( my favorite ) a katana or any other sword. Guns arent without sin either for what they have in range they dont make up for in silence or overall convenience. with even a simple handgun you have to worry about ammunition and maintenance.
Survival tip number 2- health - number one concern when it comes to health is splatter. Watch for brain and blood splatter at close range. This topic is not paid nearly enough attention, one stray splatter and you fate is now sealed. Health concern number two is know your limitations. You're not james bond or some other action movie hero, the human body can only handle so much stress.
Survival tip number 3- have the right gear - dont be a juggernaut stay light with a few pouches for magazines, weapons and a small amount of medical supplies. Cargo pants are always good no matter what the occasion but make sure ( depending on where you live ) the color matches your surroundings. And for the love of god at night dont wear black ninjas didnt so neither should you. GO with a dark navy blue it blends much more and you never know when a supply run may turn into a water op.and if you feel fancy get the ones with optional below the knee cut offs. if you want to wear long sleeves make sure its light and breathable. your back pack should be of moderate size you dont want to be weighed down if a hoard shows up. make sure your jacket is water proof if it protects you from the cold but not the rain dont pick it up.
Survival tip number 3 - weapons - as i said earlier guns arent always the best but they still can be useful. But only use it if you know how to dont attempt to fire a bullpup if you the only experience youve had is with normal. But you should still pick it up, it can be used as a barganing tool or you might come across someone who can use it.

This is all i can do for now i will update soon thought, Anon out

Braticus Caticus
Favorite Zombie Movies: Golden Girls...
What? Bea Arthur was alive?
Who knew?

Re: Your overall survival

Post by Braticus Caticus » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:07 pm

And I for one cannot wait for that update.
Cadavera animata edunt cerebra et dicunt lente "Ceeerrreeebbbrrraaa."

EBO
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by EBO » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:37 pm

This should be good, I can't wait for the updates either.

Chuybakka
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Deadheads, and Land of the Dead

Post by Chuybakka » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:52 pm

I wonder if that katana has its handle wrapped in blue cat 5 cable so that the speed and knowledge of the Internet helps kill the undead. :awesome:
Also I have a question about the bullpup statement. Bullpups are regular rifles with the magazine inserted behind the trigger instead of in front. So why would you recomend not using one? Most weapons have similar operations so why not pick it up and give it a look over and see if you can operate it instead of giving it away or trading it?
Yeah I'm the bomb. Tic, tic.

Apathy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Open grave

Post by Apathy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:46 am

Let me assure you that bullpups are an easy thing to pick up and use. Smaller sight radius, but other than that you should be fine. If you have a holographic sight or something even better. You may find you like the shorter overall length while still having a adequate barrel. Anyways you most likely won't find any laying around unless you live in France, England, Australia, Austria, Israel, China, or any other country that issues bullpups.
Liebe läßt sich suchen, finden,
Niemals lernen, oder lehren,
Wer da will die Flamm' entzünden
Ohne selbst sich zu verzehren,

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:53 pm

My issue with most bullpups is brass in the face when you try to shoot from the other shoulder. Some designers are starting to address this problem.

The P90, the FN2000, Kel Tec KSG, and the Kel Tec RFB are all examples of addressing the problems. Until I can get my hands on an affordable bullpup that does not throw brass in my face, I"ll stick with a regular configured weapon.

There is also some room for arguing bullpups balance funny, but that is very fixable and not worth mentioning as a challenge to the system, IMO. Also, some bullpups balance fine. It just depends on how you distribute weight.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

apocalypsepal
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead

Post by apocalypsepal » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:51 am

Wow, good advice. Packing light is especially one that I think is important. Most people have a laundry list of things that they want to bring when them in the event of a Z-day. But, the truth is, those packing light are the ones that will last the long winter.
Nice points.
In the animal kingdom, one of the keys to survival is to outwit your enemies.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
More Tips and Products from Apocalypse Pal

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Wait, there's nothing on this site about overall survival!?

Damn it!

I want my 4380 posts back!

Wait, 4381 posts back!
WWSD?

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:36 pm

I was told by some fashionable lady friends that Cargo pants/shorts are now a faux pas. The last thing I want to do in the ZPAW is dress like a goober.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Return to “Zombie Combat Tactics”