Best weapon for the zombie apocalypse?

This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to bust up on some zombies.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

exvassalofnemesis

Re: Best weapon for the zombie apocalypse?

Post by exvassalofnemesis » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:13 pm

How about some feed back for an obsidian mixed with metal(s), such as say carbon sword. I got weak arms and am taking this zombie threat seriously....So I need a sharp sword. Sharper than steel. Ideas?

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:30 am

exvassalofnemesis wrote:How about some feed back for an obsidian mixed with metal(s), such as say carbon sword. I got weak arms and am taking this zombie threat seriously....So I need a sharp sword. Sharper than steel. Ideas?
"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

exvassalofnemesis

Post by exvassalofnemesis » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:45 am

Ok...I really am trying to take this threat on my life seriously...let us leave star wars out of this.

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:52 am

exvassalofnemesis wrote:How about some feed back for an obsidian mixed with metal(s), such as say carbon sword. I got weak arms and am taking this zombie threat seriously....So I need a sharp sword. Sharper than steel. Ideas?
There are no magic metals that will allow you to properly use a bladed weapon without the strength to back it. If you are taking the zombie threat seriously you might want to lift some weights. Start small, work your way up.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

Black Beard

Post by Black Beard » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:36 am

Steel is better than pretty much any other metal for swords. Our metallurgy allows us to balance strength, hardness and toughness like no other material.

Real swords (designed to kill people) are actually pretty light and are designed so they can be moved quickly. The pommel acts as a counterweght. They are not designed to chop down trees.

My 5th century style sword with a 30" long X 2" wide blade weighs 32oz. It probably would have a hard time cutting 6" deep in to a (zombie) skull but doing fatal mischief to a live person would take fractions of a second.

exvassalofnemesis

Post by exvassalofnemesis » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:51 pm

GOT IT!: A tranquilizer gun that shoots air loaded ammo. A realistic zombie would have a heart beat and no matter where you hit the air would get into the heart (unless on second thought it has to be in the veins) thus killing the zombie in one hit! Just don't get bit while waiting for the zombie to die.

Edit: Never mind just did some research and it looks like it would be a lot of air in the bloodstream not anywhere...*sighs* it seems like I am screwed...I guess I can try the whole, "throw sand or salt into the eyes and while the zombie does a blind-ish lunge dodge then stab in the back of the neck...

apocalypsepal
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead

Post by apocalypsepal » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:04 pm

Mphx wrote:Okay guys so I keep getting posts that the crowbar isn't the ideal weapon. Well if it isn't then what is?
Three words, "twin freaking swords." I absolutely love zombie-fighting weapons. I spent like three hours last night alone browsing Amazon for new weapons.
In the animal kingdom, one of the keys to survival is to outwit your enemies.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
More Tips and Products from Apocalypse Pal

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:09 pm

You are going to get really excited when you find the "quadruple freakin' sword."
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

apocalypsepal

Post by apocalypsepal » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:01 pm

Asymetryczna wrote:You are going to get really excited when you find the "quadruple freakin' sword."
I like how you think.

My biggest thing would be making sure that I have a weapon that is potentially interminable. Guns run out of ammo. Bows run out of arrows (or strings break). Keep a melee weapon on hand, and you'll be solid.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

apocalypsepal

Post by apocalypsepal » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:28 pm

I might also suggest the Schrade SCHF9 Extreme Survivalist Knife. I bought one a few years ago and have been absolutely thrilled with it's performance.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

feanor

Post by feanor » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:54 am

We like reach and multiple types of attacks while it works well in confined spaces. To adress these considerations I'd go with a naginata as long as I'm tall with a detachable blade so I have wakisashi, naginata and a club in one.

Tobias05
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: "The Walking Dead" on AMC

Post by Tobias05 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:58 pm

Anything made by cold steel. :awesome:

Close_enough

Post by Close_enough » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:07 pm

exvassalofnemesis wrote:GOT IT!: A tranquilizer gun that shoots air loaded ammo. A realistic zombie would have a heart beat and no matter where you hit the air would get into the heart (unless on second thought it has to be in the veins) thus killing the zombie in one hit! Just don't get bit while waiting for the zombie to die.

Edit: Never mind just did some research and it looks like it would be a lot of air in the bloodstream not anywhere...*sighs* it seems like I am screwed...I guess I can try the whole, "throw sand or salt into the eyes and while the zombie does a blind-ish lunge dodge then stab in the back of the neck...
Besides, somebody already beat you to the idea. The Wasp Injection Knife uses the blade as a syringe to inject CO2 into the victim. It's, IMO, mall ninja candy. But, I will admit that injecting high pressure CO2 into the brain cavity of a Zed would make for an amusing (from a safe distance) deanimation.

EDIT: My .02? A camp knife (i.e. Becker BK-9 or Kabar Heavy Bowie) for both camp chores and as a last ditch weapon, a shepherds axe or non-technical ice-axe with a carbide walking spike, and of course my bow. I'd carry a modern Tong-ah in the quiver to give some flexibility to my ammunition choices (see Backyard Bowyers video on DIY Tong-ahs) .

fred.greek

Post by fred.greek » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:30 pm

A zombie does not feel pain, nor care about wounds to tissue that do not physically prevent the zombie from continuing “efficient” pursuit, grabbing, or chewing.

If the former human is a zombie because the higher brain functions are gone, and it’s just the primitive reptile brain functioning, “killing” that smallish inner part of the brain is not going to be simple.

A zombie with shattered leg bones cannot give chase by running, walking, or shuffling
A zombie with shattered arms / hands cannot grab and hold.
A zombie with shattered jaws cannot bite/chew.

Once large enough caliber ammunition has run out, for relatively isolated zombie contact I would want a nice solid steel bar to be able to shatter bones of zombies.

Return to “Zombie Combat Tactics”