It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:15 pm 

Doc8404 wrote:
A butter knife :clap:

I prefer my Mossberg 715T .22 LR for long range and my Condor Tool and Knife Tactical Rescue Tomahawk and my Fallkniven F1 for close range. Other then that I could fling poop into oncoming zombies faces to blind them, I'd have a little bit of ammunition from the laxatives I would take right before I took on the zombie horde because nothing makes you move faster then when you gotta go.

What do you consider to be long range? A .22 LR is hardly long range. .22LR is only really effective out to 75-100 yards which is pretty short range. Also I own a Mossberg 715T and while it looks cool, it's plastic furniture is probably not durable enough for combating zombies.

roscoe wrote:
.....and don't plan on being The Humongous - it ain't happening.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:14 am 

Deadpool959 wrote:
A spear shield and full set of armor :clap:

To use a spear effectively, you MUST stab the head, pierce the scull, and twirl around in the brain. Also a zombie could pull the spear and you along with it. As for armor, it depends on what type but I am assuming you mean medieval plate armor. In that case, don't. Just don't. It's not just because it's heavy; in fact it is relatively light weight, but manly because of the training required of Knights. But during an outbreak you are still slower and less agile, your vision is greatly reduced, your armor makes a lot of noise, and your are more prone to dehydration and exhaustion. Also it might give you some false security, and in turn false bravado, so much so you might even run into the horde, becoming caned food to a mass of undead. Now the shield, depending on the size and weight might be useful in narrow corridors and hallways.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:11 pm 

I recently made two pummel pipes from the procedure given on Zombease, one with a two-foot handle, the other one-foot. If forced to choose, I'd prefer the two-foot one; greater reach and leverage, and with practice I could combine it with a shield on my off-arm. I've been giving a little thought to making a three-foot one to serve as a walking stick as well as a weapon, but haven't had a chance to get back to the hardware store yet; the three-foot one would almost definitely require two hands, though, so unless I have a buckler that can be strapped directly to my forearm, it's a tradeoff.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:50 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Prof. C.J. wrote:

Plus, you can throw a bayonet on it, for if you run out of ammo or just wanna conserve/be quiet.

You know bayonets turn them into evil death machines capable of killing a bus full of nuns with one round.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:24 pm 

german shepard on a traversable pole, tied to the front of my car, activation rope tied to nards......

waffle flash fryer tank....

rolled up wet towel.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:32 pm 

long smooth metal spike, easy entry into the brain, less chance of getting stuck in bone.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:15 pm 

mantis wrote:
Doc8404 wrote:
A butter knife :clap:

I prefer my Mossberg 715T .22 LR for long range and my Condor Tool and Knife Tactical Rescue Tomahawk and my Fallkniven F1 for close range. Other then that I could fling poop into oncoming zombies faces to blind them, I'd have a little bit of ammunition from the laxatives I would take right before I took on the zombie horde because nothing makes you move faster then when you gotta go.

What do you consider to be long range? A .22 LR is hardly long range. .22LR is only really effective out to 75-100 yards which is pretty short range. Also I own a Mossberg 715T and while it looks cool, it's plastic furniture is probably not durable enough for combating zombies.

Well the reason I have one is it came down to price, because I'm not rich and I have a few projects, bills, and just prepping is expensive. I'm not rich. I would have got a shotgun but I have way more training with an M4 then I do a shotgun, and since the 715 is closer to the weapon system I used I went with it. I'm just po, man.

shitty weapon if you've owned one because there are some issues initially which are really in the standard 10 round magazines I got which you can fix by taking the clip apart and bending the spring where the follower sits on it more upward. Also I found out and I'm glad I bought extra although it's hard to get right now is CCI Blazer .22LR, which makes going to the range suckier with other ammunition that seem to cause jams as opposed to using the Blazer ammo, had to find that out after having several jams initially with the rifle, but after you can figure out the issues it's really a good rifle for the ammo. I can hit a target consistently out to 100 yards. As far as using the weapon in close range for striking of any kind no way, but I think I can keep my baby ticking. As far as further range I'd love to get a better rifle and even a sidearm but I have other priorities, I need more maps, I swear USGS should send me a certificate of appreciation for all of the 7 1/2 minute and 15 minute topos I order, new NVG's and extra batteries come over more weapons.

I'm confident with my weapon, besides as long as our group makes it out in the case of whatever Shitpocalypse I have a few buddies with better long range weapons and more toys for force multiplying.

Edit: My bad for the late reply man, I had no idea, I don't get a chance to get on here as often as I'd like. Especially with no days off for a couple of weeks and other stuff to do :gonk:

“Perhaps there is more sense in our nonsense and more nonsense in our 'sense' than we would care to believe.” -David Bohm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:19 pm 

S&W 44 magnum and a 36 inch crowbar.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:57 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

mantis wrote:

...snip.. A .22 LR is hardly long range. .22LR is only really effective out to 75-100 yards which is pretty short range. ...snip

Sir I think you are mistaken. I seem to recall reading on my box of Federal .22LR that it is deadly out to 1.5 miles, that's like 2640 yards.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:13 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Phoenix David wrote:
mantis wrote:

...snip.. A .22 LR is hardly long range. .22LR is only really effective out to 75-100 yards which is pretty short range. ...snip

Sir I think you are mistaken. I seem to recall reading on my box of Federal .22LR that it is deadly out to 1.5 miles, that's like 2640 yards.

In before someone posts a video of some guy shooting his match 10/22 out to 300 yards with match ammo and a 10x scope.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:10 pm 

AKMS.
Bayonet.
Ski mask and a black outfit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:33 pm 

ShooterMike wrote:
A "FULLY STOCKED" medieval castle...with all modern conveniences, of course. And lots of damsels in distress to occupy my down time.

nice try. ideal weapon of choice would be enough barb wire and landmines to surround australia, let the rest of the world worry about zombies, we'll continue mining, growing our own food and doing the occasional zombie eradication program :clap:

Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:16 am 

taipan821 wrote:
ShooterMike wrote:
A "FULLY STOCKED" medieval castle...with all modern conveniences, of course. And lots of damsels in distress to occupy my down time.

nice try. ideal weapon of choice would be enough barb wire and landmines to surround australia, let the rest of the world worry about zombies, we'll continue mining, growing our own food and doing the occasional zombie eradication program :clap:

One big problem with that......OIL. What are you going to do for fuel. Australia doesn't possess any significant oil reserves and without shipments from the middle east, Canada and south America, your pumps will run dry pretty quickly.

roscoe wrote:
.....and don't plan on being The Humongous - it ain't happening.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:25 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

This debate was nicely covered in Musical of the Living Dead, in song form. Track 14 on the soundtrack, "The Perfect Weapon." You can download it for $0.79, or fifteen bucks if you want the whole album. Also well worth seeing live if you're in Chicago. I happen to be wearing my "The Perfect Weapon" T-shirt right now, too.

http://musicalofthelivingdead.com/Music ... nload.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:21 pm 

taipan821 wrote:
ShooterMike wrote:

X2

STRAYA!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:20 pm 

mantis wrote:

One big problem with that......OIL. What are you going to do for fuel. Australia doesn't possess any significant oil reserves and without shipments from the middle east, Canada and south America, your pumps will run dry pretty quickly.

I shall draw you to the following links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_in_Australia
http://www.smh.com.au/business/mining-a ... 2o15z.html

I just hope we get the whole solar power stations situation up and running before the oil and gas runs out. on the plus, we can use sugarcane waste (at least we can up here in nth QLD)

worst case scenario, horse and cart, just like the old days

Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:14 pm 

- with apologies to Larry McMurtry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:58 pm 

taipan821 wrote:
mantis wrote:

I shall draw you to the following links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_in_Australia
http://www.smh.com.au/business/mining-a ... 2o15z.html

I just hope we get the whole solar power stations situation up and running before the oil and gas runs out. on the plus, we can use sugarcane waste (at least we can up here in nth QLD)

worst case scenario, horse and cart, just like the old days

A fellow North Queenslander! I'm from Townsville mate.

I'm sure we'll be right in a zombie apocalypse because they won't make it past the drop bears.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:52 pm 

I'd take two butcher knives, and tape the handles together so that the blades are facing out, and then tape that to a broom handle. It'd be safe from a distance, and if they get too close, you can just pull in and slash. It's got medium and close range. Or if that fails, I'd use the standard machete for close range.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:49 am 

I would pick a combat knife and any handgun with a silencer attachment but since I live in a country where guns are illegal,I'll pick good old mechete

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:38 am 

C.A. Marshall wrote:
long smooth metal spike, easy entry into the brain, less chance of getting stuck in bone.

with a smooth spike you risk the spike getting stuck due to vacuum

I would rather go with a spear. Wrote an article about the spear:

http://www.zombieplace.com/zombie-weapons-spear

also, i'd get me some overgrip tape (the thing you put on a tennis racket) on ANY of my melee weapons.

p.s.

If it is a problem that I linked to one of my articles on my blog, I am sorry. Feel free to remove the link.

When in doubt; decapitate!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:48 pm 

I personally have a good amount of weapons, but suppressors are key, I plan to get my AR-15 and 9mm suppressed, they are the two weapons i use the most and use well. I may also get the 22lr suppressed as well. Sadly if i had to bug out I'd have to leave a few behind, sorry ps90 :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:06 am 

http://www.popsci.com/article/technology/army-truck-shoots-drones-mortars-lasers

Big armored truck with a big laser. No big noisy explosions, like burning ants with a magnifying glass.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:51 pm 

ZombiePlace wrote:
C.A. Marshall wrote:

with a smooth spike you risk the spike getting stuck due to vacuum

Not a problem if you put "blood grooves" down the sides. Just like most bayonets. :twisted: