Preps for a Contested Election in November

Civil disorder is a special type of disaster worthy of its own area of discussion. No Political Discussion!

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Forum rules
No political discussion or you will be barred from posting in this section! You have been warned.
raptor2
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Preps for a Contested Election in November

Post by raptor2 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:28 pm

NT2C wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:16 pm

Word I'm getting right now is that the woman who was shot has died and was only 17 years old. I have a feeling students will be learning her name in school a century from now.
The videos on the matter are being actively removed and suppressed at many sites. The woman's name has not been released and other than using this matter for political purposes against the other dance team I get the impression that "they" are doing the best "they" can to ensure this is forgotten news since it does not fit the narrative that some have planned.

We have always been at war with eastasia.
Duco Ergo Sum

raptor2 is the new profile name for raptor.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8190

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:10 pm

NT2C wrote:
Word I'm getting right now is that the woman who was shot has died and was only 17 years old. I have a feeling students will be learning her name in school a century from now.
In the UK it's reported she was in the Air Force for 14 years. If they've ID'd the right person, she's well into adulthood.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 83627.html

I REALLY hope "the other side" doesn't come out to counter protest.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Ever

Post by Ever » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:15 am

raptor2 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:28 pm
NT2C wrote:

The videos on the matter are being actively removed and suppressed at many sites. The woman's name has not been released and other than using this matter for political purposes against the other dance team I get the impression that "they" are doing the best "they" can to ensure this is forgotten news since it does not fit the narrative that some have planned.

I am seeing multiple mainstream outlets giving her repeated full coverage as well as the four others who died while this was happening.
Ever, previously known here as 'zombiepreparation'

Stay safe and well, y'all.
(and keep practicing physical distancing and wearing masks. if not for yourself do it for those of us around ya who desperately need ya to)

M813

Post by M813 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:41 am

I actually implemented the preparatory steps of my "on water" bugout plan yesterday. That's how close I live to the events of yesterday.
All that remained was to cast off the lines and go. I remember thinking "I can't believe I'm actually doing this."

woodsghost
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by woodsghost » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:45 am

M813 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:41 am
I actually implemented the preparatory steps of my "on water" bugout plan yesterday. That's how close I live to the events of yesterday.
All that remained was to cast off the lines and go. I remember thinking "I can't believe I'm actually doing this."
I'm glad to hear you are ok and I wish we all had that option.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

raptor2
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor2 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:12 am

Ever wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:15 am
raptor2 wrote:
NT2C wrote:

I am seeing multiple mainstream outlets giving her repeated full coverage as well as the four others who died while this was happening.
I am still having trouble finding the videos I posted in my first link in any MSM site.

I do see headlines saying 4 dead all over the place.

The other are 3 dead due to “medical emergencies" as typically described later in the article. The old rule of if it bleeds it leads still holds true.

IMO a city the size of DC have 3+ people drop dead every day.
My $.02
raptor2 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:56 pm
This is both graphic and NWS!
This appears to be a video of the capitol homicide incident involving a lady.

Note there is politics at this link. Read & view at your own risk.

https://www.brighteon.com/e72d4a04-d595 ... dd32147fbc

My initial thoughts:
The scene is chaotic but one shot is audible. There are uniformed officers behind her with rifles but no shooter is visible. She appears unarmed but to be climbing over a barricade at a doorway. The shot (based upon the lower sound level) may have originated from inside that area.

Obviously we need to wait for more facts.

A witness who can be seen on the first video speaking to the press. He said she was climbing through a "window" and the security/SS/CP told her to get down and the a shot was fired and hit her in the neck. So shot seems to have originated from the security group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1DsbD ... annel=WKRG

Duco Ergo Sum

M813

Post by M813 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:25 am

woodsghost wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:45 am
M813 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:41 am
I'm glad to hear you are ok and I wish we all had that option.
Let me clarify lest I appear too dramatic. It wasn't on my doorstep but I am nearby.

The other thought that was running through my head: "Is this the day that hacked critical infrastructure goes ka-blooey as a foreign actor takes advantage of our disarray?"

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:25 pm

raptor2 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:12 am
Ever wrote:
raptor2 wrote:
NT2C wrote:

I am still having trouble finding the videos I posted in my first link in any MSM site.

I do see headlines saying 4 dead all over the place.

The other are 3 dead due to “medical emergencies" as typically described later in the article. The old rule of if it bleeds it leads still holds true.

IMO a city the size of DC have 3+ people drop dead every day.
My $.02
raptor2 wrote:

My initial thoughts:
The scene is chaotic but one shot is audible. There are uniformed officers behind her with rifles but no shooter is visible. She appears unarmed but to be climbing over a barricade at a doorway. The shot (based upon the lower sound level) may have originated from inside that area.

A witness who can be seen on the first video speaking to the press. He said she was climbing through a "window" and the security/SS/CP told her to get down and the a shot was fired and hit her in the neck. So shot seems to have originated from the security group.
Without any other information, it's difficult to even say that the other three deaths are even related to the events at the Capitol. All we have is that MSM is connecting them, and we've seen how MSM is choosing to portray this incident. IMHO, MSM is doing all that they can to fan this spark into a full conflagration. The old adage of, "follow the money" tells us why. Screaming headlines and wild speculation combined with hastily applied controversial labels morph instantly into greater market share and higher ad revenue. I swear, if I ever start a country of my own I will make freedom of the press and freedom of speech a cornerstone, but bar protection for it if profit is involved. :?

In any case, bottom line is that as a prepping community our best overall strategy right now is to avoid the area, make sure we're ready for any local unrest in our communities, and ensure we are supplied and prepared for any extended loss of services or deliveries. TBH, I briefly considered going to DC yesterday, seeing it as a demonstration similar in style to the Second Amendment protest in Richmond in 2019, but only briefly. I would hesitate to go anywhere unarmed these days, and my permits are not good in DC. Additionally, I try to avoid any activity that could have a negative impact on my spouse's employment, and that touches on something I want to address here. What you may say or do on social media these days may never come back to haunt you, or may even be cheered and applauded...today. Tomorrow, well, that could be a very different story. I would strongly advise maintaining a lower social media profile these days and for the foreseeable future. My personal plan of action is to be as "grey man" as possible, well, as possible as an admin of a prepping site can be. :lol:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

M813

Post by M813 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:55 pm

Definitely time to go gray and avoid social media.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:29 pm

I'm sure I'll go before the 1st AI/Robot uprising :mrgreen:

deathtorobots

PistolPete

Post by PistolPete » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:49 pm

M813 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:55 pm
That is the path of wisdom for sure.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

woodsghost
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by woodsghost » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:52 pm

PistolPete wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:49 pm
M813 wrote:
It depends on what your life goal is. Advertising can get you friends/connections/community. But for me and my family, we are always pretty low key.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

raptor2
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor2 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:57 pm

PistolPete wrote:
M813 wrote:
IMO:
That is exactly why the matter in the news includes the extra 3 "medical related deaths".
The desire is to drive people to cover.

My $.02 YMMV.
Duco Ergo Sum

PistolPete

Post by PistolPete » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:58 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:52 pm
It depends on what your life goal is. Advertising can get you friends/connections/community. But for me and my family, we are always pretty low key.
Yeah, I guess it depends on what you see as likely threats in your life. Personally I try to adopt the "any personal information you make available is likely to be used against you" philosophy. Of course, I also break that rule, especially here. We have seen police use social media to get crime leads regularly, and it's easy for an algorithm to lump any person into a group that gets increased scrutiny by law enforcement. Any more that even means leaving my phone at home when I go out due to the rise of Geo-fence warrants. Just having a phone present within a certain distance of a reported crime can land someone on the list of suspects.

Keeping police from having reasons to visit me at my home increases the chance my dog won't get shot. :)
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:13 pm

raptor2 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:57 pm
PistolPete wrote:
M813 wrote:
IMO:
That is exactly why the matter in the news includes the extra 3 "medical related deaths".
The desire is to drive people to cover.

My $.02 YMMV.
I'm going to disagree with that assessment. It wasn't done to drive people to cover, it was done first, to sensationalize the event even further than it already was because sensationalism generates clicks and clicks generate ad revenue and, second, to further the MSM political agenda. The motive for most things is profit, and not always monetary profit.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:15 pm

I found this today: 2021 storming of the United States Capitol. I posted before reading it - use caution & YMMV.

majorhavoc
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:40 pm

Maybe stick to the prepping angle on this one?

raptor2
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor2 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:07 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:40 pm
Maybe stick to the prepping angle on this one?
^^^^ ---- Words of wisdom ---- ^^^^
Duco Ergo Sum

Phil
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead. Certain newscasts.

Post by Phil » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:54 pm

raptor2 wrote:

Who are "they"?
Please elucidate.

Phil Forrest
"you will not laugh, you will not cry, you will learn by the numbers, I will teach you!"
GYSGT Hartman, FMJ

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:02 pm

Phil wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:54 pm
raptor2 wrote:

Who are "they"?
Please elucidate.

Phil Forrest
Irrelevant and off-topic. Let's stick with the prepping aspects of this event, not the possible media spin or speculation about people's background.

Current Weather in My AO

Phil
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead. Certain newscasts.

Post by Phil » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:10 pm

NT2C, I told you exactly what I was going to ask in response to Raptor's posting containing the politicized othering term "they". I reported it and you asked me why. At the same time, I was having difficulty posting and you helped me out, knowing exactly what I was going to post, yet now it's irrelevant.
Good night and good luck.
Phil
"you will not laugh, you will not cry, you will learn by the numbers, I will teach you!"
GYSGT Hartman, FMJ

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:27 pm

Phil wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:10 pm
NT2C, I told you exactly what I was going to ask in response to Raptor's posting containing the politicized othering term "they". I reported it and you asked me why. At the same time, I was having difficulty posting and you helped me out, knowing exactly what I was going to post, yet now it's irrelevant.
Good night and good luck.
Phil
Both are off-topic and irrelevant, not just what you posted. Let's get back to the topic at hand.

Current Weather in My AO

Ever

Post by Ever » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:12 pm

raptor2 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:12 am
Ever wrote:
raptor2 wrote:
NT2C wrote:

raptor2 wrote:

My initial thoughts:

If it's the 3 vids in your post with links to the shooting, all three are working for me. Though I may not know what MSM may be if you refer to other links.
Ever, previously known here as 'zombiepreparation'

Stay safe and well, y'all.
(and keep practicing physical distancing and wearing masks. if not for yourself do it for those of us around ya who desperately need ya to)

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:16 am

The events of the last year haven't hit me all that hard other than annoyances. Except for having to lay off most of my crew. That was rough. But I was not that worked up over the news.

The picture of the House Chamber barricaded with furniture and guards having their guns pulled messed with me. I wasn't too productive at work the rest of the day.

It's a little silly for me to be impacted by that one image. I live in a region of the US that had insurgents make arson and IED attacks against government buildings every single night for months this last year. Some could argue the storming of the US Capitol was relatively minor in comparison.

But this could be a different game now. This last year most of the fighting I have seen and perceived has been extremists from one "side" fighting the moderates of the same "side." The fighting over this election could potentially bring the "other side" into the fighting in a whole new way. I'm not arguing this is reality or is what will happen. I'm admitting my concerns and acknowledging others may have good cause for concern.

Suddenly I'm concerned about my extended family having enough ammo, backup cooking abilities, emergency lighting, medical supplies, etc. I'm in pretty good shape for myself, but my ability to support loved ones in time of trouble is limited.

I'm trying to help them become more resilient to times of trouble without sounding like a paranoid lunatic.

At the same time, I don't think it's the end of the world. I am still contributing a large part of my income to both my 401k and my IRA. I would encourage others to do so as well. I am contacting my insurance agent to ask about the impact of civil disturbances on my home insurance. I recommend others do the same. Does any of your insurance help with damage from riots? I have no idea, and that's a FAIL for me. What about your car? I drive a 25 year old honda civic that's not worth insuring (but I have good medical coverage for me and passengers in it). But some people here drive much more valuable cars. Might be worth checking with your insurance agent.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Return to “Civil Disorder”