Preps for a Contested Election in November

Civil disorder is a special type of disaster worthy of its own area of discussion. No Political Discussion!

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Forum rules
No political discussion or you will be barred from posting in this section! You have been warned.
MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Preps for a Contested Election in November

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:46 pm

SCBrian wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:43 pm
I'll post again, if anyone has a US Foods Chef'Store nearby, they are doing themselves a disservice by not using it. Or other resturant supply houses for that matter that sell to the public. I saw Jumbo double-lobe boneless, skinless chicken breasts this week at $1/lb. Just had to buy a case of 40#'s worth.
Have you run into Liberty Doll yet?

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:30 pm

City Prepping is talking about a Coup in his latest video. For the record; I find the very idea abhorrent, repugnant, and antithetical to Freedom, Liberty, and reality as I grok it.

I find this possibility to be as far out there as the mothership's homeworld.

boskone

Post by boskone » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:17 am

MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:30 pm
City Prepping is talking about a Coup in his latest video. For the record; I find the very idea abhorrent, repugnant, and antithetical to Freedom, Liberty, and reality as I grok it.

Ideally? Yes.

In the current conditions? That remains to be seen. I mean, we already have cities which have experienced months of violence. (Whether and to what degree it's justified is a whole 'nother problem, but it indicate the pump has been primed.)

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:22 am

boskone wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:17 am
MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:30 pm

Ideally? Yes.

In the current conditions? That remains to be seen. I mean, we already have cities which have experienced months of violence. (Whether and to what degree it's justified is a whole 'nother problem, but it indicate the pump has been primed.)
I guess I needed to get my above outta my system. I honestly believethat any attempt would expire as soon as the words were uttered, but I really don't know for sure.

I just viewed this video & I must say, I find it to be wise :) Of note - 10:20 into it.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:49 am

From NPR: Gen. Mark Milley Says The Military Plays 'No Role' In Elections - 7 minutes of audio at webpage. IMO, Gen. Milley speaks pretty freely.

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:15 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:46 pm
SCBrian wrote:
I'll post again, if anyone has a US Foods Chef'Store nearby, they are doing themselves a disservice by not using it. Or other resturant supply houses for that matter that sell to the public. I saw Jumbo double-lobe boneless, skinless chicken breasts this week at $1/lb. Just had to buy a case of 40#'s worth.
No, but I think she is on the other side of the state from me, up there where they have terrain. :)
I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:44 pm

SCBrian wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:15 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
SCBrian wrote:
No, but I think she is on the other side of the state from me, up there where they have terrain. :)
Ummm, did she move or something? She had a practice in Massachusettes last I knew.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:47 pm

NT2C wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:44 pm
SCBrian wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:15 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
SCBrian wrote:
I'll post again, if anyone has a US Foods Chef'Store nearby, they are doing themselves a disservice by not using it. Or other restaurant supply houses for that matter that sell to the public. I saw Jumbo double-lobe boneless, skinless chicken breasts this week at $1/lb. Just had to buy a case of 40#'s worth.
Ummm, did she move or something? She had a practice in Massachusetts last I knew.
Her & her man moved. On one of her new shows she went on about being able to mail-order a standard 30 rnd mag. Just go online, pick 'em out, and they arrive in a couple of days.

Apparently, it's a big no-no in the birthplace of the American Revolution. :roll:

goofygurl
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by goofygurl » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:24 am

boskone wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:18 pm
My bad. I checked the flier: fryers are $0.88/lb, I mixed up pork ribs.

I can't imagine Kroger being cheaper than HEB; aside from a very few sale items, Kroger's always been more expensive. ...good M&M cookies, though.

Walmart's a non-option for me, ditto Sam's Club. I told them years ago--when they busted the oil pan in my truck and refused to take responsibility--that I wouldn't shop there until they paid what they owed, and they haven't yet. I'm not sure if they're generally cheaper than HEB, but Great Value's quality was--last I shopped there--definitely lower than HCF.

I do wish there was a Costco here. The nearest is Houston, and an aggregate 1.5 hour drive eats most if not all of the savings just in gas. Maybe one of these days when there's a good EV or PHEV pickup or SUV, but that looks at least a couple years out.
That's the biggest issue I have with HEB. Most of their sale prices are kinda blah here and that's how I do the bulk of my grocery shopping - based on the sales. HEB's sales just usually don't compare.

But, I do grab a few things from there for the truck. Lunchmeat is cheaper in 2lb packs, block and sliced cheese (colby, cheddar, not processed crap) and occasionally I'll grab a meat or produce deal. Went in this week to get roasts they had on sale for $2.87/lb and they were out. Did find some angus on markdown for $2.89/lb though so grabbed all they had. Oh and they have legit Wisconsin cheese curds lol. I grab bags of those for since it won't raise my blood sugar too terribly much.

Kroger by far has the better deals and quality on steaks. Trucker dude likes his steaks so I try to send 3 or 4 each trip out. Last time I picked up 3 THICK (as in 3-4" thick) ribeye's for $22.00. Not what I wanted to spend on them, but hey, he works hard and I don't mind it b/c he really never asks for things very often. Their meat clearance sucks though.

I have several HEB's nearby (read = 20 ish minutes in any direction) but 2 of the 3 I won't shop with at all. I've gotten moldy food one too many times from them. Cheese, spoiled milk, etc so the only one I'll touch is Burleson. MOST of my shopping is not done at Walmart either for groceries. That's a mix of Albertsons, Kroger and Aldi usually.

I'm headed into Albertsons today. They have fresh green beans for $0.77/lb. Gonna try and put up some dilly beans.

goofygurl
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by goofygurl » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:53 am

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:49 am

goofygurl wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:53 am
Ticking up to create it all again.

https://www.today.com/food/grocery-stor ... =algorithm
2020 must be killed with fire. :evil:

TacAir

Post by TacAir » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:28 am

goofygurl wrote:

Meh.

If there is a second wave of panic buying, it will be media fueled hysteria. I don't watch Main stream (alphabet) TV anymore. Mostly dreck and a lot of falsehoods masquerading as fact. .and oceans of opinion.

More fun watching the heads explode over the brouhaha on social media shenanigans.
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

boskone

Post by boskone » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:08 pm

goofygurl wrote:

I think it's regional and media-driven.

Anianna and Lamby have mentioned shorts, but except during the height of the panic neither the Brookshire Bros here in Navasota nor the HEB in south College Station were much effected, and even then didn't seem as effected as the media was saying was common. TP, hand sanitizer, and flour were a bit hard to come by; canned goods were thin but present, fruits and veggies were thinner than normal but still pretty strongly represented.

My parents reported much the same in Abilene, as well as various other people I knew; my buddy down in Kingswood (just outside of Houston) said their HEB was pretty well empty, but that the HEB people were saying it was mostly increased traffic from further in Houston and that total customer throughput was much higher.

We're probably mostly seeing the strength of various companies' logistics. The companies that keep inventory overhead low get hammered, those that keep a deeper inventory have lesser issues.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:02 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:49 am
goofygurl wrote:

They tried that out west. Hasn't worked out so well for them.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:32 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:02 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
goofygurl wrote:
Ticking up to create it all again. https://www.today.com/food/grocery-stor ... =algorithm
:oh:

tony d tiger

Post by tony d tiger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:11 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:02 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
goofygurl wrote:

:rofl: :gonk: :oh:
Tony D Tiger

goofygurl
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by goofygurl » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:29 pm

boskone wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:08 pm
goofygurl wrote:

Anianna and Lamby have mentioned shorts, but except during the height of the panic neither the Brookshire Bros here in Navasota nor the HEB in south College Station were much effected, and even then didn't seem as effected as the media was saying was common. TP, hand sanitizer, and flour were a bit hard to come by; canned goods were thin but present, fruits and veggies were thinner than normal but still pretty strongly represented.

My parents reported much the same in Abilene, as well as various other people I knew; my buddy down in Kingswood (just outside of Houston) said their HEB was pretty well empty, but that the HEB people were saying it was mostly increased traffic from further in Houston and that total customer throughput was much higher.

We're probably mostly seeing the strength of various companies' logistics. The companies that keep inventory overhead low get hammered, those that keep a deeper inventory have lesser issues.
We are smack dab between Cleburne, Grandbury and Burleson. Roughly 30 minutes from the south western edge of Ft. Worth. Shelves were BARE at every store in all 3 of those cities I mentioned - Kroger, Aldi, Albertsons, Dollar General (multiple), Walmart, Target, even Home Depot. I made it a point to go look lol. I walked through a Dollar General and Spring Market in a town of 1000 people and felt like I was smack dab in the middle of a post apoc. movie b/c things were so bare. I have pics that I took with my own camera if you are interested and some of them are within the past 3 weeks.

Dallas and the area we live in has seen food pantry lines miles long for months. To be frank, people are hurting. I saw a figure earlier today that said over 600 million people have slipped below the Federal poverty line within the past few months. If that figure is accurate, couple that with media driven panic and it makes for a bumpy road over the next several months.

And yes, I realize it's media driven. I've said as much that they manufactured the crisis. The issue I see is that that particular article is the 4th one I've seen within 4 weeks. They're gearing up to manufacture it again.

But manufactured or not, if someone is not prepping for it and/or not ready for it, they're going to feel it when it does happen again. Normalcy bias or confirmation bias can kill in situations where food/water becomes scarce. That's the only reason I mention it.

tony d tiger

Post by tony d tiger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:13 pm

goofygurl wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:29 pm
boskone wrote:
goofygurl wrote:

We are smack dab between Cleburne, Grandbury and Burleson. Roughly 30 minutes from the south western edge of Ft. Worth. Shelves were BARE at every store in all 3 of those cities I mentioned - Kroger, Aldi, Albertsons, Dollar General (multiple), Walmart, Target, even Home Depot. I made it a point to go look lol. I walked through a Dollar General and Spring Market in a town of 1000 people and felt like I was smack dab in the middle of a post apoc. movie b/c things were so bare. I have pics that I took with my own camera if you are interested and some of them are within the past 3 weeks.

Dallas and the area we live in has seen food pantry lines miles long for months. To be frank, people are hurting. I saw a figure earlier today that said over 600 million people have slipped below the Federal poverty line within the past few months. If that figure is accurate, couple that with media driven panic and it makes for a bumpy road over the next several months.

And yes, I realize it's media driven. I've said as much that they manufactured the crisis. The issue I see is that that particular article is the 4th one I've seen within 4 weeks. They're gearing up to manufacture it again.

But manufactured or not, if someone is not prepping for it and/or not ready for it, they're going to feel it when it does happen again. Normalcy bias or confirmation bias can kill in situations where food/water becomes scarce. That's the only reason I mention it.
Shelves in the PNW are well stocked with fresh fruit/veg; meat du jour; dry goods and fresh bread, rolls etc...
I Googled [u.s. population] and learned the United States 2020 population is estimated at 331,002,651 people... so... :awesome:
Tony D Tiger

goofygurl
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by goofygurl » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:49 am

tony d tiger wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:13 pm
goofygurl wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:29 pm
boskone wrote:
goofygurl wrote:

Shelves in the PNW are well stocked with fresh fruit/veg; meat du jour; dry goods and fresh bread, rolls etc...
I Googled [u.s. population] and learned the United States 2020 population is estimated at 331,002,651 people... so... :awesome:
:awesome: Okay in my defense I read it pre-coffee.

No idea where I pulled that number from (again, pre-coffee) but it's approx. 8 million lol. The REAL number is 8 million :clap:

Here: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... P-2020.pdf

Separate study projecting 6 million (which is likely where I got that number. I just added zeroes in my lack of caffeinated state lol)

http://povertymeasurement.org/covid-19- ... dashboard/

goofygurl
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by goofygurl » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:21 am

Just because I mentioned them earlier.

I took these last month ago at Spring Market (Brookshire's sub-brand) in small town N. Texas. They had gotten a truck the evening before I took these. They're nowhere near as bad as earlier this year (which I'll post too) but there are still gaps and holes that are pretty significant for a store that used to be fully stocked with multiple layers deep on shelves.

I'm not fully they're not getting product. They are. I guess what I'm trying (and failing I think) to say is that they're not getting ENOUGH product to handle the demand that is being driven and created and that if the MSM and others continue to drive that panic, there will be shortage issues again.

The simple fact that those holes exist is all the proof I need of that.

It looks even worse when you take into account that this particular store still has pretty strict limits. 2 beans, 2 rice, 2 canned soups, 2 ramen, 2 water, 2 of certain types of meat, etc. The same day, fresh produce, tp and paper towels were stacked deep and full. Freezer section was mostly full with holes here and there.

Not a mason jar in sight (sry, I'm salty about not being able to find jars :lol: )

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:12 am

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:52 am

I stopped at a Cabella's Friday evening to stretch my legs and break up a 3 hour drive. The main ammo aisle had a single box of ammo. That lone box made the aisle feel even more empty.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:12 am

RoneKiln wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:52 am
I stopped at a Cabella's Friday evening to stretch my legs and break up a 3 hour drive. The main ammo aisle had a single box of ammo. That lone box made the aisle feel even more empty.
One is the loneliest number ...

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:49 am

RoneKiln wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:52 am
Did you see whay cal./ga. it was?

Just curious.

Return to “Civil Disorder”