Local Grocery Outages and Needs

This isn't going away anytime soon folks and with all the new variants of COVID-19 popping up it just made sense to drop COVID-19 from the sub-section name and consolidate all the pandemic stuff in one location.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

boskone

Local Grocery Outages and Needs

Post by boskone » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:45 pm

I'm putting this here because shortages are due to COVID-19, at least for the moment.

In the chat thread, I've noticed with some frequency that inventory shortages seem to be regional. (Toilet paper and disinfectants excepted.)

So my thinking is that if a person can't find something locally and doesn't want to order from Amazon (which I can agree with, I try to buy local or regional when possible and practical), they could post here; someone with access to the goods could arrange to purchase and ship them.

On that subject--and the reason I actually thought of this--Ani, do you still want vanilla? My local HEB has literally six feet of various types.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Local Grocery Outages and Needs

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:39 am

I have a number of personl hygine items from food pantries & such. Some of these wouldmarketed for women. Deoderant, toothbrushes, toothpaste. Maybe some razors. I'd just need shipping.

Ever

Post by Ever » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:00 pm

I've only been in twice over the last three weeks but I waa surprised to notice a wide variety of low shelf stable food stuffs on several isles, using wide spacing and alternate items normally displayed elsewhere to fill in.

At the time I thought it curious and thought of making notes, then didn't because there seemed too much for a casual look w/out pen and paper.

Produce looked typical. Fresh meats were rather low atocked.

Eggs were abundant.

I wasn't on the paper products isle, nor the OTC area. Or processed pkg meats. Failed to look at the dairy area when getting eggs..

Breads needed stocking, as did chips.
Ever, previously known here as 'zombiepreparation'

Stay safe and well, y'all.
(and keep practicing physical distancing and wearing masks. if not for yourself do it for those of us around ya who desperately need ya to)

WillyWinchester
Favorite Zombie Movies: Train to Busan, Evil Dead, Day of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Resident Evil series

Post by WillyWinchester » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:24 am

Honestly, I'm starting to see grocery get back to normal around my parts.
Like Brotato... your nose is falling off.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:39 am

WillyWinchester wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:24 am
Honestly, I'm starting to see grocery get back to normal around my parts.
Kinda-sorta the same here: ie - things are getting back to pre-COVID levels.

Also - From NPR: 'Secret Life Of Supermarkets' Shines A Light On Bounty's Dark Side

This is y our supply chain. See it for how it is & plan accordingly.

DSL is back onlline. I am uploading pics to my cloud.

Question: Can something like Google Photos be used instead of imgur or such?

Return to “All Things Pandemic”