The COVID AAR

This isn't going away anytime soon folks and with all the new variants of COVID-19 popping up it just made sense to drop COVID-19 from the sub-section name and consolidate all the pandemic stuff in one location.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Re: The COVID AAR

Post by NT2C » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:58 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:36 pm
Pretty much the worst time to have to go to the ER. Fortunately he calmed down and all worked out okay, but it was a good reminder that diet and routine play a big role in your overall health. Long story short, prunes, milk of magnesia and a couple days of cramps and he's good to go.
A non pharma solution is copious amounts of sugarless gum. This is easy to store and lasts near forever.
But please do watch for side effects if using this method. Some people don't tolerate certain artificial sweeteners well (for example, my wife and I both get severe migraines from aspartame) so sudden large quantities can wreak more havoc on their system than what you're trying to fix.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

woodsghost
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: The COVID AAR

Post by woodsghost » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:45 pm

I don't know that we have hit the "50%" mark or even the "25%" mark, but I'll add what I've experienced.

What little I can say is "generally applicable" is:

1) Develop relationships. This seems to me to be one of the most important things we can do as human beings. I have invested a lot in people who will never pay me back and will likely never be able to help me, but I care deeply about people and I want to see them taken care of. I am also an extremely "genuine" person, with little hidden away and no effort to take advantage of others. I think this is why some of my friends have worked so hard to connect me with opportunities I don't think I would ever have had otherwise. I feel like my family and I have been sheltered from many of the effects of 2020 so far because of the community and friendships, both local and digital, that exists around us.

2) Information is CRITICAL! Sorting and organizing information is just as critical. I have found no better place on earth for information on current disasters than ZS.

I may have more to say at some point, but this is all I can claim to "know" at this point.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Return to “All Things Pandemic”