What WILL/DID you do with that stimulus check? (Round 2)

This isn't going away anytime soon folks and with all the new variants of COVID-19 popping up it just made sense to drop COVID-19 from the sub-section name and consolidate all the pandemic stuff in one location.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Re: What WILL/DID you do with that stimulus check?

Post by NT2C » Fri May 08, 2020 1:50 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:19 pm
NT2C wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:32 am
MPMalloy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:30 am
NT2C wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:19 am
:?:
I spent too much. I went :crazy:
Well, that part I figured. What did you plan to return?
Garmin eTrex 30x, hardcase for Anker 500, possibly *that* Anker. I'm keeping the external (cause I screwed the pooch on it) and the books.

Why?
Just wondering. Might have been things that someone here might make an offer on.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri May 08, 2020 4:21 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:50 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:19 pm
NT2C wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:32 am
MPMalloy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:30 am
I spent too much. I went :crazy:
Well, that part I figured. What did you plan to return?
Garmin eTrex 30x, hardcase for Anker 500, possibly *that* Anker. I'm keeping the external (cause I screwed the pooch on it) and the books.

Why?
Just wondering. Might have been things that someone here might make an offer on.
Folks are free to, should they voluntarily Consent of their own Free Will :wink:

Ever

Post by Ever » Tue May 19, 2020 1:19 am

- bought an inexpensive really low end 61 key electric keyboard
- tipped all the grocery workers, stockers, & cleaning crew that I could find during my two restock shopping trips.
- tipped the street accordion player who brightens our days during this weirdness.
- donated the remainder to Harvesters efforts to feed the unemployed and others in need.
Ever, previously known here as 'zombiepreparation'

Stay safe and well, y'all.
(and keep practicing physical distancing and wearing masks. if not for yourself do it for those of us around ya who desperately need ya to)

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Tue May 19, 2020 8:24 am

Wound up buying an electric bicycle. Will take delivery mid June. Meanwhile I extended the rental bike. Even not peddling it's good low impact exercise.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue May 19, 2020 7:38 pm

Zed Hunter wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:24 am
Wound up buying an electric bicycle. Will take delivery mid June. Meanwhile I extended the rental bike. Even not peddling it's good low impact exercise.
What kind did you go this?/

Also: From Forbes: 5 Facts On The Second Stimulus Check That You Need To Know Now

superduder
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombie, the LD trilogy, return of the living dead pt I & II,The Battery

Post by superduder » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:26 am

Bought an acre of land , Slightly rural (farming community) but has been slated to become a subdivision for almost 25 years.
So, if they start building, the value goes up and I sell to buy something more out in the sticks,
And if they don't build I have a small b.o.l. within driving distance.
J
"I've stared Azreal in the face enough that we should be pretty good friends."

raptor2
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor2 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:24 pm

https://money.yahoo.com/coronavirus-sti ... 40088.html

Coronavirus stimulus checks: Americans who didn't get payment 'need to take action,' Treasury says

If you don’t file taxes and you haven’t received a stimulus check, you can submit your information through IRS Non-Filers Tool by Oct. 15 to get your payment. Americans with income below $12,200 and who haven’t filed a tax return for 2018 and 2019 can use the tool to add basic personal information in order to receive the payment.

Read more: Coronavirus stimulus checks: Why your payment would be smaller than expected

Those who pay taxes and believe they’re eligible for a stimulus payment but didn’t receive one will be able to claim it when they file their tax returns for 2020. For those who want their payment quicker, try calling the IRS Economic Impact Payment line at 800-919-9835.
Duco Ergo Sum

raptor2 is the new profile name for raptor.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8190

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:15 pm

Hey what do you know. I donated a small part to the Academy sports institute for orphan firearms. :awesome: My ole uncle Sam quickly showed his approval.
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Re: What WILL/DID you do with that stimulus check? (Round 2)

Post by NT2C » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:51 pm

So, it looks like a second round of checks may be distributed. What plans do you have for yours?

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

CG

Post by CG » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:30 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:51 pm
So, it looks like a second round of checks may be distributed. What plans do you have for yours?
Stash it. Until things go back to normal, anything extra is getting stashed.
Mater tua caligas gerit!

...I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to what I was thinking.

boskone

Post by boskone » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Probably buy a new garage door. Mine's slowly tearing itself in half. :|

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:42 pm

My wife will have a fit but I'm considering body armor. $1,200 should be able to buy some protection for my fat ass.

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:13 pm

NT2C wrote:
Maybe buying a Ruger PC9 carbine with some of it and as much ammo as I can find for every gun I own. Whatever doesn't get spent will get put aside for a rainy day.

If I can't find a PC9, there's a couple really nice AKs in San Angelo I've been eyeing and they're going for what I think is a good price. I'm just hoping they're still available by the time I get another stimulus check.

Of course, this all depends on if I'm going to get another stimulus check or if I'm out of luck.

woodsghost
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by woodsghost » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:25 pm

NT2C wrote:
Assuming I get one, probably buy a suppressor. My ears have taken a beating and I don't want the same for my children or wife.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:31 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:25 pm
NT2C wrote:
Assuming I get one, probably buy a suppressor. My ears have taken a beating and I don't want the same for my children or wife.
Depending on if I get anything and if I have anything left after purchasing what I want, I may go ahead and SBR my AR.

I've been wanting to do that for awhile now and this might be a good time to do so. Even if I don't get any stimulus money, I may still do that anyway.

boskone

Post by boskone » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:15 pm

woodsghost wrote:
NT2C wrote:
I really wish my budget would stretch to a suppressor. :\

woodsghost
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by woodsghost » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:44 pm

boskone wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:15 pm
woodsghost wrote:
NT2C wrote:
Depending on what you want, they can be had for relatively cheap. Assuming you don't want something FA rated or you don't need to fit it to a 10 inch 5.56 barrel (or a 7 inch barrel), if you only want to run on semiautomatic and have a 16+ inch barrel, you have some $500 options which, with the tax, hit $700. So not "cheap," but cheaper than hearing aids or treatment for chronic tinitus. Both of which I need.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

boskone

Post by boskone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:25 am

woodsghost wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:44 pm
boskone wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:15 pm
woodsghost wrote:
NT2C wrote:
Depending on what you want, they can be had for relatively cheap. Assuming you don't want something FA rated or you don't need to fit it to a 10 inch 5.56 barrel (or a 7 inch barrel), if you only want to run on semiautomatic and have a 16+ inch barrel, you have some $500 options which, with the tax, hit $700. So not "cheap," but cheaper than hearing aids or treatment for chronic tinitus. Both of which I need.
I have tinnitus, but that predates my shooting enthusiasm; I've always worn earpro when shooting anyway. I've also been eyeing...well, several suppressors; unfortunately there's not a one-size-works-perfectly-for-all can yet. :lol:

I just have a lot of expenses piling up. New garage door ($800, minimum). Various expenses to fix the house up for sale. Either a new truck ($:cry:), $800 in tires for a truck I intend to replace soon-ish, or several thousand in parts for said truck.

And I'd like to have the money sitting around for a decent travel trailer to live in for a while, and actually be able to travel in it. (Which leads back to the truck issue, since mine's got a pretty pathetic tow rating; wildly insufficient for an RV suitable to fulltiming.)

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:56 pm

I'm not optimistic any more stimulus is coming out. But if any comes my way, I'll stash it.

Although... Better fitting armor and NVGs are tempting.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

CrossCut
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by CrossCut » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:55 am

Last time I looked at the proposed legislation we wouldn't qualify based on the max household income for the second round. If we do, it'll likely go toward truck tires here too. Bridgestone Duelers, this'll be the 3rd set, love those things for snow and soft sand.

Lambykins
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dead Meat (Birthday party with zombies! Coolest birthday EVER!!!)
28 Days and 28 Weeks Later...nicely gory.
Shaun of the Dead
Anything with Keanu Reeves...oh...he's NOT a zombie? Wow. Coulda fooled me...

Post by Lambykins » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:53 pm

I'm not optimistic about another check coming. If it does, I will pay 3 months ahead on my rent (I pay $300 a month...my roommate and I each pay that much and split the rest of the bills and she gives me a bit towards gas each week as I drive her to work)
With what's left...most into the bank, a little under my mattress :crazy: , and a few new winter items...probably socks and boots and a couple of nice sweaters...the sweaters I can find at local thrift stores.
Every normal man must, at times, be tempted to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats -- HL Mencken

My zazzle: http://www.zazzle.com/fripperyfarm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; New line of Frippery Farm merchandise!
My blog: http://droptheshoe.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; My misadventures in farming and livestock raising!

boskone

Post by boskone » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:19 pm

CrossCut wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:55 am
Last time I looked at the proposed legislation we wouldn't qualify based on the max household income for the second round. If we do, it'll likely go toward truck tires here too. Bridgestone Duelers, this'll be the 3rd set, love those things for snow and soft sand.
My truck came with Dueler H/Ts, back in the day. The first time I had to replace tires those went out the window; I think they were $375ea. :shock:

RonnyRonin

Post by RonnyRonin » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:39 pm

my income has gone up considerably since the last stimulus check (feels weird to say) and I'm having trouble thinking of more cracks to fill in my preps. I hurried and scurried at the start of Covid and bolstered my food supplies and most little things I'd been putting off; since I haven't really used any of those preps I think I'm mostly set for the next round.

I'm tempted to buy another gun or two just in case the legal landscape changes post-election and they get harder to buy, but I always try to guy gun stuff after every single other thing has been taken care of. My cash on hand isn't quite where I'd like it so that is probably the boring reality for the moment.

I have committed to upgrading my daily carry G19 at some point though, so after milling the slide, buying an optic, getting a light and a new holster to fit the light; I'm likely out half of a hypothetical stimulus check.

Snow tires would be the more responsible thing.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:34 pm

RonnyRonin wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:39 pm
Snow tires would be the more responsible thing.
We all have this issue Ronny :wink:

Return to “All Things Pandemic”