Any Newbies Here Because of Coronavirus?

This isn't going away anytime soon folks and with all the new variants of COVID-19 popping up it just made sense to drop COVID-19 from the sub-section name and consolidate all the pandemic stuff in one location.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

SteelWolf

Re: Any Newbies Here Because of Coronavirus?

Post by SteelWolf » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:45 pm

Not a newbie, but I've gone dark on here for several years. An ever evolving career and a growing family will do that. Recent events (before COVID19) have rekindled our family's desire to expand our preps. We are focusing on obvious deficiencies at this time, and on establishing our homestead.
TEMS / Flight Paramedic. NRP, FP-C, TP-C.
OIF / OEF Combat Veteran
Owner / Chief Instructor of Archangel Dynamics, LLC. Come visit us for all of your Medical Preparedness needs!
Do you live in or around Arizona? Come train with us! Firearms, Medical and Survival courses.
https://archangeldynamics.com/

Guiltyofbeingtight

Post by Guiltyofbeingtight » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:54 am

Like others, not a newbie just haven't been on the site in a while. I was always a lurker anyway. Didn't take a break from preparing though. Just thought I'd drop in here to see if there are tips and information that could be helpful.

In the recent years my parents purchased a homestead in the PNW. I had been storing more and more preps there over the years and for this current situation it was a good decision. In the first week of March we packed up our home preps and came out here. It's quiet and incredibly boring hence my digging up this site (who's name I forgot and kept searching "zombie killer prepping survival site" in which this site was not a first page result).

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe

echo83

Post by echo83 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:20 pm

I've lurked for years and only post sporadically. When I do participate, though, I've never regretted it.

Glad to see new traffic, new ideas, and like-minded folks!

Also, silver lining...there's nothing like a crisis to convince your non-prepper friends that you aren't totally nuts. I just wish it wasn't this bad.

majorhavoc
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:29 pm

echo83 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:20 pm
I've lurked for years and only post sporadically. When I do participate, though, I've never regretted it.

Also, silver lining...there's nothing like a crisis to convince your non-prepper friends that you aren't totally nuts. I just wish it wasn't this bad.
Agree on all points.

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:51 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:29 pm
echo83 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:20 pm

Agree on all points.
It would be nice if this spurred participation long term......myself, I'll bounce in for a couple of months, then bounce out

scortez
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombieland/dawn of the dead

Post by scortez » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:46 pm

I'm not new to the prepping world...in the beginning 10-12 years ago when I started...I went way too deep and became almost obsessed with it and paranoid about everything. trying to control every aspect wore me out to the point that I stopped cold turkey. I have now a more sensible view of prepping but am so mad at myself that I didn't see the writing on the wall months ago were I could of ramped up preps better. In anycase I'm glad I'm back and building my preps again (I did have the foresight to buy bulk good TP many months ago lol).

melrenwilliams

Post by melrenwilliams » Tue May 19, 2020 11:59 am

I am not new to prepping but did find the Z Squad from an article on Sapiens.org. It caught my attention due to Chad Huddleston being an anthropologist here in the STL. I am an hour south of STL. I was already prepping when the virus hit but amped up March 1st. I think this is not over and am more concerned about the politics going on then the actual virus.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Tue May 19, 2020 12:23 pm

melrenwilliams wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:59 am
I am not new to prepping but did find the Z Squad from an article on Sapiens.org. It caught my attention due to Chad Huddleston being an anthropologist here in the STL. I am an hour south of STL. I was already prepping when the virus hit but amped up March 1st. I think this is not over and am more concerned about the politics going on then the actual virus.
Welcome!

The politics are concerning, just not something we are allowed to discuss here. We try to keep the stink of politics out and get rather zealous about it.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

JacobClark86

Post by JacobClark86 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:42 am

haha maybe
I had a lot of time to think about the end of the world and zombie

GrumpyPoopyPants

Post by GrumpyPoopyPants » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:04 pm

Same same here. Was much better prepared in the past. Either laziness or complacency led to bad habits and now I'm swearing "never again."

Return to “All Things Pandemic”