Prepper podcasts

A place for prepping related news stories, video channel links, podcasts, and other media not covered elsewhere in the forums

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Prepper podcasts

Post by BullOnParade » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:07 am

Anything new out there for podcasts? 5-8 years ago I was listening to The Survival Podcast. Now I'm finding myself with more radio time and I'm looking to expand my horizons beyond music of my teenage years. What are you listening to for preparedness related podcasts?

Also interested in topical podcasts that tie into prepping. Any particular shooting, canning, sustainable living, etc themed podcasts that tie into prepping.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

RonnyRonin

Re: Prepper podcasts

Post by RonnyRonin » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 am

I would love some suggestions as well, I hunted about for a while a year ago or so and found most to be pretty terrible.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:50 pm

That sounds like an opportunity to start our own ZS Podcast.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:44 pm

There was one I was listening to a few times. Don't remember the name. Husband and wife, I think. Pretty annoying, I just remember rolling my eyes a lot.

But I'm very cynical and very hard to please.

There was a long zombie mini series story that I liked a lot. Took me through grad school by listening to it on my 6 hour commutes every other week.

Think it was "we're alive". Fun and relatively believable, decent plot and voice acting. Writers did decent homework.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:14 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:44 pm
There was one I was listening to a few times. Don't remember the name. Husband and wife, I think. Pretty annoying, I just remember rolling my eyes a lot.

But I'm very cynical and very hard to please.

There was a long zombie mini series story that I liked a lot. Took me through grad school by listening to it on my 6 hour commutes every other week.

Think it was "we're alive". Fun and relatively believable, decent plot and voice acting. Writers did decent homework.
That's the Audio Drama. They might still publish.

yelp
Favorite Zombie Movies: Clueless

Post by yelp » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:43 pm

In The Rabbit Hole - The ITRH Urban Survival Podcast

"Join us as we discuss survival and preparedness from the standpoint of people that live, work, and thrive in the city."

Start at the beginning - single digit eps - and work your way forward from there. Just a suggestion.

https://www.intherabbithole.com/survival-podcast/
"Another typical portrayal of a geologist is South Park's character Randy Marsh, who is Stan's father...Randy displays many typical geologist tendencies such as being called a 'scientist', but actually being of little use in many situations, and having a drinking problem."

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:23 pm

I have always been an iTunes man. Search for "podcast directories" and then search those directories. It's what I do. Also, search archive.org for those that have 'pod-faded' and are no longer listed. Keywords I use are: 'survival' 'prepping' 'prep' 'camping' 'emergency', etc.

Good Luck.

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:33 pm

I've taken to the triangle tactical podcast since I asked the question. They're two idpa/uspwhatever target shooters who talk about CC, politics, law, and of course their shooting sport. Non of their topics actually directly apply to my life, except the odd time they throw in a soft prepping sell.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

Return to “Prepping News”