It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 pm 

Mine is less of a battle belt and more of a second layer of stuff. My vest has meds/rifle ammo and some admin. This is just pistol/ammo/small pouch for E&E stuff and misc. If at any point I need to ditch the vest for damage, entangled, or whatever I need to be able to survive. There was a knife, but I've removed it for use since I've been back.

One of my favorite parts of the belt is the carbiner sitting vertical between the mags and the pouch. It has come in handy way too many times.
Gloves getting use on the carbiner. If it has a loop, that 'biner is an extra set of hands.
Notice the 550 cord where the holster meets the belt. I have laced everything to the belt as an easy/cheap way of preventing it from sliding on the belt. The med kit doesn't have this, and it only held on with a wide velcro loop. You can tear it off if you intend to, but it's never come off by accident. Also it normally sits on the vest and there is a horizontal seal pup sitting there.

I'm back now, so it won't be getting much changed without input. Advice? Keep in mind this belt is paired with a moderately encumbering vest.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:10 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Finally ordered a bladetech doh for my Glock and TLR. Only took a year. My HSGI will finally have a decent holster. Begin collecting tacos as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:51 pm 

The ultimate belt slim down continues. I had hoped to get the belt under 12 pounds with no food or water. This may have been too lofty of a goal. This week I was looking at where else to slim down weight. Part of this was establishing what is a priority and what isn't.
I'm trying to decide who to blame for the fact that I have been carrying around a half pound flashlight for years. Obviously this has to get replaced with something else. I substituted with a streamlight G2, it's under 4oz, but not a perfect solution.
This may be another option to save weight. Guess which one of these is lighter?

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:
Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing

Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:21 pm 

Is the man formerly known as Sigboy considering a glock?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:30 pm 

Figure I'd throw mine in the mix:

Its a Tactical Tailor padded modular belt.

Other stuff From left to right..

1. Grey Ghost Gear triple mag panel 5.56
2. GGG double pistol mag pouch (magnetic retention).
3. GGG dump pouch
4. GGG grenade pouch
5. GGG Utility pouch 7.5X10
6. London Bridge Trading universal holster
7. TAG double pistol mag/utility pouch (for knife and multitool).

Hectic Hardwear - Morale Patches
moralepatches.com
Follow on facebook

offcamber's INCH Bag thread

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:19 pm 

It may have been mentioned in this thread before But I can't find it.

So I'm a skinny dude, I wear 28-29 inch waist jeans so I need help finding a battle belt and inner belt that would work. Any suggestions?

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:08 pm 

Keith B wrote:
The ultimate belt slim down continues. I had hoped to get the belt under 12 pounds with no food or water. This may have been too lofty of a goal.
I'm trying to decide who to blame for the fact that I have been carrying around a half pound flashlight for years. Obviously this has to get replaced with something else. I substituted with a streamlight G2, it's under 4oz, but not a perfect solution.

Buying many flashlights, guns, and knives so that you have the exact correct collection of said items for variable and sundry missions is a noble goal. :)

SOSE how is the warbelt working as a pack belt? I've an ILBE, and that pack has a removable belt setup also.

Anyone got a recommendation on an HSGI, ATS, Brokos, for the specific purpose of also working as a backpack belt? I have a 5.11 padded belt with molle webbing, too thin, and an old school LBE belt with inner padding, but its too flimsy to use as a pack belt.

Will one of the higher end warbelts provide enough support with a full pack?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:36 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

0122358 wrote:
It may have been mentioned in this thread before But I can't find it.

So I'm a skinny dude, I wear 28-29 inch waist jeans so I need help finding a battle belt and inner belt that would work. Any suggestions?

Medium HSG should work great.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:56 pm 

none1 wrote:

SOSE how is the warbelt working as a pack belt? I've an ILBE, and that pack has a removable belt setup also.

Anyone got a recommendation on an HSGI, ATS, Brokos, for the specific purpose of also working as a backpack belt? I have a 5.11 padded belt with molle webbing, too thin, and an old school LBE belt with inner padding, but its too flimsy to use as a pack belt.

Will one of the higher end warbelts provide enough support with a full pack?

Thanks!

Are you reading my mind about what todays post would be?

I've been quietly working on this project for a few years. I would have posted more a while ago, but I had the interest of a major gear manufacturer and wanted to see if they were going to do anything with it. I'm finally done with testing and fairly happy with the finished project.

The problem with most hip belts on packs is that while they are removeable, it isnt easy, and almost imposible with pouches on them. I modified my Eberlestock, and am using my Brokos belt as a hip belt. With the attachment method I have, it is completely functional and load bearing. It removes in seconds and attaches almost as fast.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:

Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:24 pm 

Here is the belt after round 2 of the diet. I took out all the bulky pouches, and dropped all the redundant gear I could bear too.

Clockwise around the belt I have:
1)Flashbang pouch holding small survival items and misc stuff.
2)Flashlight pouch, it may get replaced with a covered pouch depending on which light I go to full time.
3)Pistol, still the Sig, but I'm considering switching to a Glock with mounted light. It will still shave 4 oz off my weight.
4)Field knife and tools, same as documented elsewhere. It holds my field knife, leatherman, ferro rod, and sharpening stone in one well designed kydex sheath.
5)Velcro panel at the rear of the belt for attaching it to my pack. Future plans include making a removeable rear pouch that mounts the same way.
6)SS water bottle (28oz) in an HSGI soft taco. I dropped the large nalgene pouch, and all the assorted stuff I had in it. I can boil water in my bottle if needed. The soft taco is also so versatile, that I can use it for other items as well.
7)My non dominate side pouch is probably the most busy, and where I spent a lot of time streamlining. The base is a KYWY short double mag pouch. Attached in front of that is a Blue Force Gear admin pouch, on the far right is a single pistol mag pouch. I chose the BFG pouch because of it's size. It's slim profile allows me to carry small essential items without getting in the way.

I struggled with getting cordage onto the belt. It's one of the few items I did not want to be without. I tucked it behind the admin pouch and under my mag pouches. It's held in place with a small bit of bungee cord routed thru both pouches.

thinkfree wrote:

Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:19 pm 

Sweet! Thanks for the updates KeithB!

The ILBE looks like it can be set up similar, the same rear padded area flips open to put in the ILBE belt. The way you have it on now, it looks like most any warbelt, HSGI, Brokos, etc. would work, don't need the brokos with exposed belt area. Is that correct?

If SO ... anyone have thoughts on which warbelt would work best as a pack hip belt? Are any of the top ones "firmer" / more cushion than the others?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:52 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Please keep the Sig just on principle. I can't justify carrying one everyday since it has to go on and off at work/going home, but dammit they are fine ass sexy pieces of clockwork that actually work. I love my Sigs but I use my Glocks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:28 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Well I finally built something picture worthy...not sure what I wanna name it. Kinda went with the boot camp alice gear idea and added a pistol.

Includes:
HSGI padded belt, large (34in waist blue jeans)
BLACKHAWK duty belt, 2"
condor h harness

You can see 3 pistol tacos spaced from 12 to 3, which were a pain in the butt to install. I have a cheap condor rifle mag pouch at about 4. The OD dump pouch hangs below the tacos for quick access. At 6 o'clock is a cheap 9x5x4 utility pouch, flanked by two dsu molle canteen pouches that I attempted to dye green.

On my strong side I have a bladetech doh for a glock/tlr1 hanging at 9, and lastly a hsgi bleeder kit at 11.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:19 pm 

My collection of first line gear (update).
Bottom EDC G27
Middle IDPA G35
Top Friday night rifle G35/AR15

This set up is standardized on location and type of gear used so I don't have to relearn where stuff is at depending on what I am doing. Its meant to complement what I carry every day in my pocked.

"When the world is at peace, a gentleman keeps his sword by his side" -ancient Chinese proverb

C.E.R.T.|EMMCOM|AID & CPR|KE7AYF|G27|G35|AR|12Ga|LX2|Benchmade|4x4| And a bad attitude...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:16 am 

Edit: created new thread.

Last edited by clarence on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:15 pm 

At what point does a battle belt require a set of suspenders? In terms of weight?

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:07 pm 

My current battle belt missing two items. LFI Custom Kydex for my G19+TLR-1s and a custom knife being made for me right now.
HSGI Suregrip Padded Battle Belt
BFG Tenspeed Double
2 x ITW Fast Mags (Either Gen 1 or 2, can't recall)
Emdom USA Dump Pouch
ITS Tallboy Trauma Kit (Not pictured is TQ and TQ Now Strap)
And I always keep my OR Ironsight gloves with this kit.

GHB dedicated thread in need of serious updating!!!
https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=112108

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:58 pm 

0122358 wrote:
At what point does a battle belt require a set of suspenders? In terms of weight?

It depends on how on you're belly/waist ratio, for me, it's about 20 pounds.

thinkfree wrote:

Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:22 pm 

This is what I usually run, plus a light and multi-tool. I'm waiting on a 1.5" drop for the holster then I'll move everything to the HSGI belt.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:42 pm 

andym wrote:
This is what I usually run, plus a light and multi-tool. I'm waiting on a 1.5" drop for the holster then I'll move everything to the HSGI belt.

I like your style. :crazy:

GHB dedicated thread in need of serious updating!!!
https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=112108

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:34 am 

The HSGI belt.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:52 am 

I just made the switch to an HSGI belt as well.

HSGI Battle Belt
CrossTac D Belt II
Pouches, L to R
HSGI TACO Pistol/Rifle pouches
ATS Dump Pouch
ATS tear-away IFAK
Blackhawk! Water bottle/Nalgene Pouch
Safariland 6005 SLS holster w/SIG Scorpion
Blackhawk! Dual pistol mag pouc w/Leatherman multitool and pistol mag

For the longest time, I thought that battle belts/war belts were for airsofters and "class chasers". Kit for play soldiers and the one way range only. However, after experiences on my last deployment, and being able to test the limitations of a plate carrier set up, I began to look at them in a new light. A Marine EOD team we worked with used them in conjunction with their plate carriers, and I started to appreciate the versatility of having a "Batman utility belt" as I jokingly referred to it as. My first belt, after coming back to the States, was a cheap(er) Blackhawk! belt. It was a good "proof of concept" belt, and I used it for hunting, and while playing OPFOR at Ft. Polk Louisiana. It was in CB, and I ended up buying another Blackhawk! belt in MultiCam for use with my new plate carrier, but as I started using the new belt more, it's limitations started to become obvious. It was too padded, and the combined weight of three magazines had a tendency to drag the belt down, even when tightened. At best, it would "roll" over the inner belt, and sag badly. After reading several threads I decided to go with the HSGI belt, and from the get go, I can tell it is a much better made belt. Thinner, by far and much more rigid. I haven't done much with it yet, but a couple mile walk in the park this morning, fully loaded, showed that it stayed one remarkably well, and didn't sag, roll, or cause any problems in general. Thanks everyone who has posted here for the help. Threads like these are a great resource, and I'm not ashamed to say I've stolen more than a few ideas from them. :wink:

7.62 NATO/.308 Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:36 pm 

Set up the VTAC for the son.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:25 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Found out this weekend doing some training that I really need a new dump pouch. My Maxpedition one dropped mags all day, anytime I moved any faster than "mosey."

Any good ideas?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next