Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

The Highwayman
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em)

Post by The Highwayman » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:19 am

CountyComm has a new pocket-sized shortwave radio for $16, HERE

They also have a seperate antenna (the unit comes with a telescopic internal one) that supposedly greatly increases reception, for $9.00, HERE

I just recieved them both the other day, and I gotta say, it's pretty cool. I tried the radio out, and was getting all kinds of hits on different channels. Most of the conversations were in Spanish though (gotta love Florida :roll: ) but I think it's actually a handy thing to have, in the event of SHTF. I have yet to even try the seperate antenna , but it worked fine with the internal one.

I did notice though that reception tends to be a lot better at night. One of the local ZSers told me that this is because the sun tends to affect radio waves much more than at night.

ETA:The radio also picks up FM and MW, as well as has a decent little LED light in it.
Join ZS:17- FL

RIP Hk33k

hdandb

Post by hdandb » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:52 am

This may be a nice site for those that have a large group to prepare for or some who just want to have extra. I find shipping to be around $1 $1.25 a pound or just make a little day trip out of it. If you can hold out and wait you will land a great deal. I was able to get 15 complete 4 piece sleeping bags for $395. Considering what 1 will go for that is a great deal. You need nothing special to sign up but a credit card. The only downside is that some bases are a PIA do get in.
http://www.govliquidation.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Unorthodox wrote:I'm here to generally help you out but I do have the power to make your day shit. If you're nice to me, I'm nice to you. Comply with my simple and straight forward requests and everything goes smoothly...don't and it doesn't go smoothly. Thats it.
That sounds about right, ?

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:31 am

hdandb wrote:This may be a nice site for those that have a large group to prepare for or some who just want to have extra. I find shipping to be around $1 $1.25 a pound or just make a little day trip out of it. If you can hold out and wait you will land a great deal. I was able to get 15 complete 4 piece sleeping bags for $395. Considering what 1 will go for that is a great deal. You need nothing special to sign up but a credit card. The only downside is that some bases are a PIA do get in.
http://www.govliquidation.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A bunch of ZSNYers just did a group buy from this site, and got some sweet metal containers:
LOT (10) A & S TRIBAL INDUSTRIES, ALUMINUM MEDICAL BOXES, EMPTY, EACH BOX MEASURES APPRX 32"X 20"X 14".
They also have sweet trailers and vehicles and other gear...Fort Drum is pretty near, so I'm picking the stuff up for later distribution to other members...

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

screavic
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Night of the Living Dead - ORIGINAL!

Post by screavic » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:09 pm

I have a few different types of survival gear that just happened to be from my supplier. I sent the link to my brother and he told me to post a link for them here. I usually don't sell stuff like this but he said you all might find it of interest so you can't order it direct from the shopping cart. I have never bought any of these but these forums are making me more and more interested in these types of things.

Please PLEASE PM me before ordering so I can check to see if they can be delivered to your regions.

Coupon Code for Zombie Hunters: ZH11022008 - Gives you all 5% on the Bag
Remember now the price is kind of steep but it comes in cases of 2 and must be ordered by the case.
$169.95 + S&H and Arkansas Residents must have sales tax

http://www.serverstrategies.com/shop/in ... ts_id=1252

It's a Survival Pack for 2 people and contains:

Food and Water:
12 Boxes of Aqua Blox Water Boxes - twice the amount of water as leading suppliers
24 - 200 Calorie Food Bars
20 Water Purification Tablets - each tablet purifies 1 liter of water

Light and Communication:
Mini Scan Radio with Headphones and Batteries
Rechargeable Squeeze Flashlight - contains lithium batteries which last up to 30 hours and also is able to generate power through squeezing
30 Hour Emergency Candle
5-in-1 Survival Whistle
Box of 50 Waterproof Matches
Bic Style Lighter

Shelter and Warmth:
2 Emergency Survival Sleeping Bags - Recommended over common "space blankets."
2 Emergency Ponchos <

Tools:
16 Function Knife
2 N95 Respirator Dust Masks

Hygiene and Sanitation:
2 Hygiene Kits - Includes soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, and 9 wet wipes.
6 Tempo Pocket Tissue Packs

First Aid:
42 Piece Pocket First Aid Kit - contains 42 pieces - 10 spot bandages, 10 sheer junior,5 sheer medium, 5 sheer strips, 2 antibacterial, 3 clear strips, 2 fabric strips, 1 extra large, 2 alcohol pads, and 2 gauze pads

Other:
Deck of playing cards for entertainment
2 General Use Waste Bags

Emergency Survival Kit Information:
This survival kit was designed using advice from experts in the emergency preparedness industry. It follows guidelines given by government agencies and non-profit preparedness organizations.

Thanks,

Screavics
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

hdandb

Post by hdandb » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:41 pm

That is a good idea, no, a great idea for group buy on the lots. I just need to get a NC chapter going now.

Dont miss out on the 11 pallets of burn dressings!
nfa wrote:
hdandb wrote:This may be a nice site for those that have a large group to prepare for or some who just want to have extra. I find shipping to be around $1 $1.25 a pound or just make a little day trip out of it. If you can hold out and wait you will land a great deal. I was able to get 15 complete 4 piece sleeping bags for $395. Considering what 1 will go for that is a great deal. You need nothing special to sign up but a credit card. The only downside is that some bases are a PIA do get in.
A bunch of ZSNYers just did a group buy from this site, and got some sweet metal containers:
LOT (10) A & S TRIBAL INDUSTRIES, ALUMINUM MEDICAL BOXES, EMPTY, EACH BOX MEASURES APPRX 32"X 20"X 14".
They also have sweet trailers and vehicles and other gear...Fort Drum is pretty near, so I'm picking the stuff up for later distribution to other members...

Jamie
Unorthodox wrote:I'm here to generally help you out but I do have the power to make your day shit. If you're nice to me, I'm nice to you. Comply with my simple and straight forward requests and everything goes smoothly...don't and it doesn't go smoothly. Thats it.
That sounds about right, ?

Southron Boy

Post by Southron Boy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:00 pm

oolelandoo wrote:Home Depot is getting in their "gift idea" merchandise. We've got:

A set of 5 aluminum case, 6 led, AAA lights for $14.97.
A 3 pack of aluminum case, 3 led, AAA for $9.97
A 4 pack of aluminum case, 6 led, AA for $9.97
A Leatherman 'Core' multitool that includes a separate Leatherman c301 pocket knife and leather sheath for $49.97

Lots of other stuff, but those are what caught my eye.

Got the 5 light deal this evening, on impulse. It's three 6LED flashlights, two 2 white LED/1 red LED headlamps with pivoting lamp, plus 15 AAA batteries. The brand name is Husky.

One headlamp goes to the GHB in the wife's vehicle, one flashlight to replace the 2c incadesent light on my nightstand, another flashlight to my 6th grader's book bag, the rest to be scattered around the house as needed.

Monklicous
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night original
Dawn remake

Post by Monklicous » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:49 pm

Last edited by Monklicous on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
supraneurotoxin wrote: mastering skills like that is akin to pissing your pants in a black suit. it gives you a nice warm feeling, but no one really notices....

GeneralDiscontent

Post by GeneralDiscontent » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:44 pm

L.A. Police Gear added several knives & multi-tools to their closeouts page - I'm not familiar with all of them, but some of them look like a pretty good deal:

Benchmade Presido - $109.99

Gerber MultiPlier 400 - $39.99

Gerber Prodigy combat knife - $39.99

Gerber MultiPlier 600 - $69.99

SOG Seal Pup - $59.99
Some of my write-ups you might find useful: My FAK, poncho mod, my BOAT, pressure canning, bulk food storage

Arch

Post by Arch » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:38 pm

Has only one else noticed that LA Police Gear's CLOSEOUT prices have changed a couple of times in the past 24 hours? I just checked, and they are back to where they were on Monday but as of last night some items had more than doubled in price (for example a sling that was listed for $6.99 was listed for $19.99).

Just be careful when you order. If you see something on their site, and go back to find the price increased....wait a while and check back.

I've bought about $1,000 worth of gear from them and have noticed this a few times.
This thread was my final contribution to ZS:

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 25&t=77253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My invitation to "take a break":

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 1#p1698421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will not return to ZS so please don't send PM's. If you'd like to contact me please email...

formerlyZSArch@live.com

GeneralDiscontent

Post by GeneralDiscontent » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:53 pm

Arch wrote:Has only one else noticed that LA Police Gear's CLOSEOUT prices have changed a couple of times in the past 24 hours? I just checked, and they are back to where they were on Monday but as of last night some items had more than doubled in price
I haven't been watching for the past couple of days, but yeah, I've noticed it happen in the past. (As mentioned a page or two back, they raised the price of the Gerber LMF from $59 to $69 - still a great deal, but I'm glad I got mine for ten bucks less). I've seen a few other things that I thought "Hmmm, when I get paid this week I'm gonna order one of those", and then it's a higher price when I get around to going back to the site...
Some of my write-ups you might find useful: My FAK, poncho mod, my BOAT, pressure canning, bulk food storage

Arch

Post by Arch » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:07 pm

GeneralDiscontent wrote:
Arch wrote:Has only one else noticed that LA Police Gear's CLOSEOUT prices have changed a couple of times in the past 24 hours? I just checked, and they are back to where they were on Monday but as of last night some items had more than doubled in price
I haven't been watching for the past couple of days, but yeah, I've noticed it happen in the past. (As mentioned a page or two back, they raised the price of the Gerber LMF from $59 to $69 - still a great deal, but I'm glad I got mine for ten bucks less). I've seen a few other things that I thought "Hmmm, when I get paid this week I'm gonna order one of those", and then it's a higher price when I get around to going back to the site...
I bought my 1st LMF at $59, and the 2nd at $69. Those prices have stablized. The stuff I was looking at last night had dramatically risen. Its back to where it was on Monday now though? :?

I just wanted everyone to check back with LAPG if their price isn't what you remember.

Thanks.

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 25&t=77253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 1#p1698421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will not return to ZS so please don't send PM's. If you'd like to contact me please email...

formerlyZSArch@live.com

Lord Osis

Post by Lord Osis » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:40 pm

Arch wrote:
GeneralDiscontent wrote:
I bought my 1st LMF at $59, and the 2nd at $69. Those prices have stablized. The stuff I was looking at last night had dramatically risen. Its back to where it was on Monday now though? :?

I just wanted everyone to check back with LAPG if their price isn't what you remember.

Thanks.

Could be they're pulling the same deal as the airlines? It may be worth clearing your cookies before going back to their site
James Kim helped me prepare.

Arch

Post by Arch » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:36 pm

Lord Osis wrote:
Arch wrote:
GeneralDiscontent wrote:

Thanks.
I'm not sure why I experienced it, but to your point....I was sitting watching the election results and decided to look at a few things I've been considering on LAPG's site....and flipped out when I saw one item that was $44.99 had gone to $109.99. That was on my laptop. Today when I went back on was on my desktop, and tonight I just checked...and the prices are normal on my laptop again. I use FireFox so when I shut down my browser it deletes cookies.

Weird. Maybe I should get a tinfoil hat for my laptop....me and the computer could have matching hats! :lol:

Could be they're pulling the same deal as the airlines? It may be worth clearing your cookies before going back to their site

formerlyZSArch@live.com

congochris

Post by congochris » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:08 am

Active duty and retired military: AAFES is running 20% off on all gerber knives and tools (on Ft. Carson, quite likely nationwide) so the normally 69.99 LMF is running 13.99 less, down to $55.99. Old man and I picked up two. :D

Sale good till (maybe through, if they're open) Veterans Day.

THROBGOD13
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dead Snow

Post by THROBGOD13 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:30 pm

i just bought five 5.11 Tactical shirts and five pairs of shorts for $65.00 shipped from LA Police Gear's closeouts.. i'm probably going to have to have them altered (i bought them big), but the overall cost of the clothes and alterations are no where near the original cost of the clothes..

:D :D :D :D

bubba zanetti
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shock Waves: underwater Nazi zombies!

Post by bubba zanetti » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:40 pm

Arch, just an aside, but is your avatar Molasar from The Keep? Such an underrated, fantastic movie. We now return you to your program, already in progress...
You're wasting your time, the scag don't rate!

Arch

Post by Arch » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:15 pm

bubba zanetti wrote:Arch, just an aside, but is your avatar Molasar from The Keep? Such an underrated, fantastic movie. We now return you to your program, already in progress...
Yes! I love the movie. I can remember going to see it at the theater when it was released. My family NEVER went to the movies, but I had an uncle take me to see it. I bought a DVD version last year - turned out to be a bootleg copy of a poor quality VHS....it is barely usable :evil:

EDIT: I saw in your profile that "SHOCK WAVES" is one of your favorite movies......just two days ago I was trying to remember the name of that AWESOME movie. I rented that film dozens of times when I was younger! The scene of the aquatic nazi's emerging from the water..... :shock:

formerlyZSArch@live.com

bubba zanetti
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shock Waves: underwater Nazi zombies!

Post by bubba zanetti » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:51 pm

Excellent! Yeah I saw The Keep on HBO when I was a kid and it just so impressed me, right about the time in my life when I became a critical viewer of media, starting to watch movies for more than simply a diversion, but really getting into the stories, the storytelling aspects, and technical qualities of film making. Everything about The Keep just blew me away. Apparently there's been a substantial and intentional delay for getting it onto DVD, so I've been trying to find a decent VHS copy lately. Now, Shock Waves is also fantastic. You're right, the imagery of them rising from the water is a perfect moment of dread. For such a low-budget film, it is able to accomplish what many cannot. I think I tripped across that movie because it was being seen on a TV in another movie; which one I can't recall. But you can find it easily on DVD. Ah, good times. 8)
You're wasting your time, the scag don't rate!

thelight
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Special Dead, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness

Post by thelight » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:11 pm

Thread hijack over. :wink:
COP tool with lanyard, $33.95
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
~Winston Churchill

Image http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rush2112 wrote:TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once.

Arch

S&W AR15 in 5.45x39.....$899

Post by Arch » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:57 pm

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php ... ts_id/2887" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ammo available at AIM SURPLUS for $119 / 1080.

formerlyZSArch@live.com

Baba Brad

Post by Baba Brad » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:56 am

Not strictly Bug Out Gear, hiking, camping, outdoor sports, but http://www.steepandcheap.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has great deals. If you catch them. They do have a desktop alert and a Firefox alert feature, worth downloading. Their prices are anywhere from 30 to 90% off. A few months ago they had some Oakley duffels on sale for $2.95. Of course, I was asleep during that one.

But, they have all sizes and brands of packs, knives, first aid kits, footwear, clothing, etc. I've ordered form them several times and have always had a good experience. They are a part of Backcountry.com.
1.S.1.K wrote: :twisted: ZS, It always comes back to sheep.

Soulless
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
I Am Legend

Post by Soulless » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:16 am

Yup, Steep and Cheap is awesome no doubt.

Whenever I'm bored I'll check the Sports section of The Deal Of The Day Tracker. In mere seconds you can see their current offer, as well as Backcountry.com, EMS, Sierra Trading Post, Altrec.com and twenty odd others. Honestly, it's become a bad habit that my checking account doesn't appreciate...
"A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have...any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy on BOBs

Allen

Post by Allen » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:33 pm

Eureka Factory Outlet.

Tents, Backpacks, Sleeping Bags:

http://www.eurekacampingctr.com/eureka/ ... asp?s_id=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers!
Please excuse this gratuitous effort to increase My post count.
thefirebuilds wrote: your memory creeps me out kinda.
I survived My first post to the Zombie Squad Forum, so You know I'm tough!

Bulldawg

Post by Bulldawg » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:11 am

Last edited by Bulldawg on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”