Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by NT2C » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:55 pm

Beowolf wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:35 pm
Too much talk, not enough deals...

Obviously websites that require account registration are different from the members-only websites mentioned in the original rule as posted. If the rule stands, then those members-only places could have a thread of their own, especially since there are always always always deals on those. If the rule doesn't stand, please change the rule.

Simple solution to a simple problem. :)

Now--bring the deals!
Well, since the majority seem to want the rule... all fixed, and from now on I'll be sure to rigidly enforce that rule.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Action Target (no membership required - I double checked) has most of their hard cases on clearance sale right now.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

moab

Post by moab » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:56 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:55 pm
Beowolf wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:35 pm
Too much talk, not enough deals...

Obviously websites that require account registration are different from the members-only websites mentioned in the original rule as posted. If the rule stands, then those members-only places could have a thread of their own, especially since there are always always always deals on those. If the rule doesn't stand, please change the rule.

Simple solution to a simple problem. :)

Now--bring the deals!
Well, since the majority seem to want the rule... all fixed, and from now on I'll be sure to rigidly enforce that rule.
Not that it needed it. But I'll second that. Deal sites are fine. As long as it's not a scam site.

I would opt for a bit more conversation in here too. As long as it's about the deals. Sometimes I'm unsure. And it would be nice to hear from anyone else that might have some knowledge on a given deal. Not to mention it's not like 2010 and there's a glut of people posting in here. I say bring on a bit more banter. As long as it's deal related. As long as your posting something productive about the deal. I would love that additional knowledge.

SO here's my deal. Just to stay on the good side of these hard ass mods. ;) (That's a wink. I'm joking.)

These are cool. And at $15. a lot better than those cheap plastic 5 gallon crushable containers. I got one last week. But have not opened it yet. I got it cause it rolls up small. And is heavy duty. Great for a car. Or even a backpack if you need to carry water a lot. Handles on both ends for two people.

https://majorsurplus.com/heavy-duty-swi ... r-bag.html
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Thu May 09, 2019 8:48 am

Free Soldier Waterproof Portable Multifunctional Tarp $44.99 on Amazon. Price drops to $29.24 with promo code E8KSVNNL.

https://smile.amazon.com/FREE-SOLDIER-W ... pons&psc=1

"Free" is part of the product name, obviously. Apologies to anyone who saw that word and thought for a second this is a free tarp. No direct experience with this product, but seems like it could be an affordable option for the budget bug out bag, or maybe a second grab and go kit. Apparently comes with cordage and some line-tensioning toggles. I read a few of the Amazon user reviews and it seems like some legitimately positive feedback on this tarp. I do like that low profile color.

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Thu May 09, 2019 9:38 am

The Swiss Army water filter on the sight with the water bags is very interesting. I would be curious as to replacement filter element availability.

moab

Post by moab » Thu May 09, 2019 12:13 pm

Zed Hunter wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:38 am
The Swiss Army water filter on the sight with the water bags is very interesting. I would be curious as to replacement filter element availability.
Give them a call. It's my local brick and mortar surplus store. It's owned by Voodoo Tactical and is right next to there manufacturing plant.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Adamski

Post by Adamski » Mon May 13, 2019 12:52 pm

https://gun.deals/product/smith-wesson- ... -kit-59998

Cool or cheesy? Mainly just a bunch of stuff they colored orange and put into a kit but I do like the idea of using your stock gun case to store extra stuff like zippos, paracord, etc.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon May 13, 2019 2:08 pm

Adamski wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:52 pm
https://gun.deals/product/smith-wesson- ... -kit-59998

Cool or cheesy? Mainly just a bunch of stuff they colored orange and put into a kit but I do like the idea of using your stock gun case to store extra stuff like zippos, paracord, etc.
Cheesy. For that much bread I would hope they would throw in a holster and couple of speed loaders.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

moab

Post by moab » Wed May 15, 2019 9:10 pm

This one's for Ronnyronin. I thought of you and all your sewing projects. Not sure this would be of any help to you. But it's a football field and a half of military webbing. And 6 feet wide. In a 16' square box full. I can't imagine what this was used for. But there's a lot of good scrap in there for making stuff on your sewing machine. Looks like ALICE pack webbing to me.

https://majorsurplus.com/heavy-duty-mil ... =HTMLEmail

RonnyRonin

Post by RonnyRonin » Thu May 16, 2019 9:00 am

Ha! that is a metric crap ton to be sure and pretty tempting, thanks!
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

Post by Langenator » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:27 pm

Kroger has 32 packs of bottled water for $2.99. Ends tomorrow *June 4th).

https://www.kroger.com/weeklyad
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:31 am

Academy has a few good deals this week.

https://www.academy.com/shop/store/WeeklyAd

- M&P Shields for $289 plus a free extra magazine.
- 20% off Pelican cases
- 42 gun safe for $499
- Sig V Crown Ammo for $9.99 a box (20)
You go over and under
I go through

Cybrludite
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Cybrludite » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:17 pm

https://www.yourtreasurebox.com/product ... IKQdqC1i0U

60 liter ruck, pup tent, mess kit, & hexamine stove for $20.
“There are only two ways to sleep well at night, be ignorant or be prepared” – Simon Black

Readiness is all. — William Shakespeare

Senectute Et Perfidia

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:31 am

Cybrludite wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:17 pm

I'm tempted to get that just to see how good/bad it can be. That's a crazy amount of kit for $20. Aside from the rubber mallet, everything seems fairly practical. Quality is probably crap, but if others are like me, I started my prepping journey with some pretty marginal gear at the beginning.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:08 am

majorhavoc wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:31 am
Cybrludite wrote:

I'm tempted to get that just to see how good/bad it can be. That's a crazy amount of kit for $20. Aside from the rubber mallet, everything seems fairly practical. Quality is probably crap, but if others are like me, I started my prepping journey with some pretty marginal gear at the beginning.
I bought it and think I might do an unboxing or something and a gear test. Now I have them advertising in my FB ans they have lots of these $20 deals
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:33 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:08 am
majorhavoc wrote:
Cybrludite wrote:

I bought it and think I might do an unboxing or something and a gear test. Now I have them advertising in my FB ans they have lots of these $20 deals
That was odd. I bought all the kits on the site that looked useful. That came to $100. They then gave me a code for 5% off. I put that in and it gave me 10% off. They promised free shipping then charged me $2.95 for shipping. When all that junk gets here we can swap notes in another thread.
You go over and under
I go through

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:57 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:33 pm
Halfapint wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:08 am
majorhavoc wrote:
Cybrludite wrote:

That was odd. I bought all the kits on the site that looked useful. That came to $100. They then gave me a code for 5% off. I put that in and it gave me 10% off. They promised free shipping then charged me $2.95 for shipping. When all that junk gets here we can swap notes in another thread.
Damn it! There were like 3/4 that looked good. Hahaha yes when they come let’s start a thread and see how they work! Great idea!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

EchoMirage

Post by EchoMirage » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:21 am

majorhavoc wrote:
Cybrludite wrote:

Haven't signed on to this site in 5yrs, but I read this post, joined 'treasure box bundles', and just got this email:

Currently, we are processing refunds for those who have not received their parcel. For those over a month or so, we sincerely apologize as we are also investigating this on our end.

Those who have emailed with the subject REFUND, our refund department is now checking it.

We are trying our best to refund those who are entitled. Rest assured our refund team is working diligently about your request.

Thanks for your patience.

Sounds like the site might be a scam

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:51 am

Guess I was quick to jump on the "too good to be true train". Lesson learned.

When I check the status of my order it is showing my items as shipped. I have no "refund" Email. The shipping has no tracking numbers or any other way to track it though so there is no telling where it is or if it actually shipped. This is very unusual in 2019.
You go over and under
I go through

EchoMirage

Post by EchoMirage » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:44 am

Keep in mind I got that email even I did NOT order anything at all.......

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:27 am

In what I would call the Deal of the Week Academy Sports is selling the Taurus G2S for $279. With the purchase you get a FREE Rossi RS22 rimfire rifle. Additionally there is a MIR for $30 through July 7th through Taurus on that model.

So for $249 + tax you get a decent concealed carry piece plus an ok 22 SA rifle. It doesn't get much better than that.

Deal ends today though so if you want one you will have to go get it today. I might run down there and grab me a set just because it is so cheap.

You go over and under
I go through

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:02 am

Stercutus wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:27 am
In what I would call the Deal of the Week Academy Sports is selling the Taurus G2S for $279. With the purchase you get a FREE Rossi RS22 rimfire rifle. Additionally there is a MIR for $30 through July 7th through Taurus on that model.

So for $249 + tax you get a decent concealed carry piece plus an ok 22 SA rifle. It doesn't get much better than that.

Deal ends today though so if you want one you will have to go get it today. I might run down there and grab me a set just because it is so cheap.

If I had $250 to spare and lived anywhere near an Academy store... :(

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:27 pm

Just got a mailer from Gander Outdoors touting some decent savings on a few things, the most notable being $100 off a Taurus Spectrum, knocking the price down to $169.99

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:23 am

A decent deal on an off-brand 2 liter hydration bladder on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075R ... idercom-20

$12.99 but today only (7/3) there's a 40% off coupon, bringing the price down to $7.97. I don't own this particular bladder, but it gets good user reviews and comes recommended by a poster on another forum I frequent, ADVRider.com. Apparently it fits a Mosko Moto 4L pouch, if that means anything to you.

If nothing else, the ADVRider poster has a good sense of humor, always a plus in my book: https://advrider.com/f/threads/good-dea ... h.1392575/

Return to “Bug Out Gear”