Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Dain Bramaged

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by Dain Bramaged » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:33 am

Daily Steals has the Rothco Military Ammo/Messenger bag avail for $8.

I don't have a use for one, but for eight bucks...

http://www.dailysteals.com/?utm_source= ... dium=email" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

00dlez
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 00dlez » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:01 am

Manliest wrote:
AnonEmous wrote:Home Depot has two "Heavy-Duty All-Purpose Dry Bags" from Seattle Sports for $14.88.

Sizes:
20x13
12x6

This seemed like a decent deal. I found it in the store, but it is also displayed online.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R ... LRG3mdR2So" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Came to post up about these; they're now marked down to $7.99 in stores. The little one is a great size for a summer bag; the big one holds my Wiggys winter bag, summer bag, bivy cover, foam pad and a puffy parka.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Good news and bad news. I went to my local Home Depot to pick some up, but according to what seemed like a stock guy "in the know" he told me that the dry bags were some sort of black friday promotional deal, but a lot of stores still have left overs and are simply looking to dump them.

Not sure about the online deal - might be a left over crate in a warehouse or something.
Batman has a pretty good EDC. - Purple_Mutant

greenbeetle
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by greenbeetle » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:48 am

Deal gone.
Last edited by greenbeetle on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrankisSteezy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil Series, The Walking Dead, Pretty much all of them

Post by FrankisSteezy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:32 am

Lapolicegear.com has free shipping on orders of $50 or more. automatically applied.

They usually have good pricing, good product selection and ship quick.
Zombie Exterminator

00dlez
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 00dlez » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:57 am

greenbeetle wrote:LifeStr@w watr filtrs. 25% off. Enter "FAMILYLS" at checkout, all caps. Limited time. ZS members only.
Awesome, was waiting for a sale on these - bought 2 :)
Batman has a pretty good EDC. - Purple_Mutant

SinnersandAssociates

Post by SinnersandAssociates » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:59 pm

00dlez wrote:
greenbeetle wrote:LifeStr@w watr filtrs. 25% off. Enter "FAMILYLS" at checkout, all caps. Limited time. ZS members only.
Awesome, was waiting for a sale on these - bought 2 :)
any deal on cheaper shipping? comes to 19.95 after coupon. Amazon has it with FS for 20.96, figured i'd just use my points rather than saving a dollar?
edit: guess it's a deal if you order multiple still 5 ship for 2 or 3 (maybe more)

since i don't like posting without some deal here's on OK one,
http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifl ... ant&ch=aff
troy 30 battlemags on sale for 13.99 not sure about shipping i like my pmags with windows!
Nowhere else have I seen such lions led by such lambs

maverick12
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by maverick12 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:13 pm

3.15$ Ferrocerrium rod,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360571054008?ss ... 1497.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've both from this guy before but I've always bought this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Survival-Ferroc ... 256f68a676" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just ordered the one from the first link because the multipurpose striker looks interesting

moab

Post by moab » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:34 am

subscribe (for the third time(?!)
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

111t

Post by 111t » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:29 am

I just cleaned out my local Kmart clearance section of smith's diamond hones. $8 each. regular Walmart price is $15. It's a good pocket sharpener and for $8 it's a steal! Check your local stores!!!

In an unrelated 'smith' post: I noticed this on the front page of the paper:
My favorite hardware store just became more favoriter.
All the best!
-Paul

"A rifle behind every blade of grass?"
"No, but any blade of grass"

Ferrocerium...You know how to spell it... This is how you pronounce it...[fer-oh-seer-ee-uhm]
Bushcraft/Dayhiking Kit
Three season 72 Hour Kit
Ledmark alcohol cookset!!!
New Production Kerosene Pressure Stoves!!!
Car Emergency Preparedness Kit

KYZHunters

Post by KYZHunters » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:59 am

Tactical Distributors is having a clearance sale with some gear cut 80 %. 5.11 pants and shirts, Danner boots etc. They have a simple Paraclete plate carrier for $79 that I bought from them for everyday use in Afghanistan that I like a lot.
http://www.tacticaldistributors.com/sale?limit=all
crypto wrote:It's not that you were being "harsh" so much as a "douchebag".

Amarksman
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, zombie honeymoon

Post by Amarksman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Check you local Sports Authority for Nalgene bottles. Clearance priced at 5.97. Must be the older ones before BPA free? Kind of an opaque plastic color. 32 oz
no point mentioning these bats I thought, poor bastard'll see them soon enough

prepper7
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD

Post by prepper7 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:31 pm

25% off American Red Cross items at the Eton webstore. Enter code AMREDCROSS25 at checkout. Offer ends 3/20/13.
Where will YOU Appleseed?
phil_in_cs wrote: Get your rice and beans now, when you don't have to pay for them in blood.
squinty wrote:You wear "chaps" to break a bronco, you wear "assless chaps" because civilization has collapsed and you've gone feral.
Blacksmith wrote:That is an excellent topic for another thread. You should start one about that. Really.

benja455

Post by benja455 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:37 am

Uniden PRO510XL 40-Channel CB Radio - Brand New in Retail Packaging

http://www.dealgenius.com/uniden-pro510 ... radio.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$24.99 + free shipping

This is a highly rated CB radio on Amazon.com (4.5 stars with 36 reviews). Currently it's selling for $41.65 with Prime Two Day Shipping...a couple of returned ones are selling from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $36.70 with free shipping. There are used ones on e-Bay going for more than $25 - shipped...so this seems to be a smoking deal for quality CB radio. Spend the cash you saved on a good antenna and you're set. I'm ordering two as gifts for friends.

...that reminds me...I need to actually install the PRO520XL I have sitting here. :oops:

*ETA: "loyal5" = 5% discount...making it $23.74 - shipped (about $13 cheaper than a returned one from Amazon Warehouse Deals).

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:12 am

benja455 wrote:Uniden PRO510XL 40-Channel CB Radio - Brand New in Retail Packaging

http://www.dealgenius.com/uniden-pro510 ... radio.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$24.99 + free shipping

This is a highly rated CB radio on Amazon.com (4.5 stars with 36 reviews). Currently it's selling for $41.65 with Prime Two Day Shipping...a couple of returned ones are selling from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $36.70 with free shipping. There are used ones on e-Bay going for more than $25 - shipped...so this seems to be a smoking deal for quality CB radio. Spend the cash you saved on a good antenna and you're set. I'm ordering two as gifts for friends.

...that reminds me...I need to actually install the PRO520XL I have sitting here. :oops:

*ETA: "loyal5" = 5% discount...making it $23.74 - shipped (about $13 cheaper than a returned one from Amazon Warehouse Deals).
Thanks! Ordered 2 of them, one for each working car lol
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

benja455

Post by benja455 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:23 am

Ordered my CB radios when I posted the deal (9 hours ago)...got a shipping notice about an hour ago.

Not too shabby.

CipherNameRaVeN
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quarantine, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later. The Road, Time of the Wolf (2004, French)

Post by CipherNameRaVeN » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:40 pm

DJH wrote:
benja455 wrote:Uniden PRO510XL 40-Channel CB Radio - Brand New in Retail Packaging

$24.99 + free shipping

Thanks! Ordered 2 of them, one for each working car lol
Ordered! Great deal! This device is meant to be hard wired according to the reviews. However, it seems like you can purchase an adapter from radio shack for your cigarette lighter plug.
oRDERE
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

BOB & EDC | FAK
ImageImage

benja455

Post by benja455 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:38 pm

CipherNameRaVeN wrote: Ordered! Great deal! This device is meant to be hard wired according to the reviews. However, it seems like you can purchase an adapter from radio shack for your cigarette lighter plug.
oRDERE
Correct. The best thing to do is hard wire them but this adapter will also work:

http://www.amazon.com/Roadpro-Fused-Rep ... 840578&sr=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Civilian Scout

Post by Civilian Scout » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:44 am

To anyone looking for dry bags, dry sacks or stuff sacks, Sierra Trading Post has a ton of great bags from Outdoor Research in just about every size and weight at substantial discounts. With a coupon code (easy to get if you're on their mailing list) I've been snagging some of these for as little as 5 or 6 bucks.

See here.

I also got one of the Seattle Sports large (50l) dry bags for about $12.
"Now, let us gather our strength from the violence of the elements!" - Captain Terror

arentol

Post by arentol » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Great deal on Drybox's, including waterproof pistol and ammo cases, for the next 4 days here:

http://www.unholycocktail.com/tough-cas ... n=20130321" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Appears to be about half the price of the same case from anywhere else on the internet. I ordered two cases last night and they have already shipped.

JPBeck
Favorite Zombie Movies: OG Dawn of the Dead

Post by JPBeck » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:53 am

Ordered the CB-- great deal! Thanks!

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:09 pm

Bought a CB also, great deal and I'm having a stereo installed next week and my installer is going to do it for a good price, woo!
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

Badger24
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later

Post by Badger24 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Aim Surplus has the Troy Ind AR mags in stock now $14.95 each.

Whackpack7

Post by Whackpack7 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:28 pm

Grunt Gear, a seller on Amazon has Combat Gauze Z-Fold Pouches for $27.90 with free S/H. Stuff usually retails from $40-$50 without shipping costs... I picked up a few. IMO the best hemostatic agent out there (YVMV), great for a IFAK, BOB, or Range Kit.

http://www.amazon.com/QuickClot-Combvat ... mbat+gauze

Action.Jackson

Post by Action.Jackson » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:36 pm

Whackpack7 wrote:Grunt Gear, a seller on Amazon has Combat Gauze Z-Fold Pouches for $27.90 with free S/H. Stuff usually retails from $40-$50 without shipping costs... I picked up a few. IMO the best hemostatic agent out there (YVMV), great for a IFAK, BOB, or Range Kit.

http://www.amazon.com/QuickClot-Combvat ... mbat+gauze
Nice before I picked some up I found some on ebay for 18 w/ free shipping. I wonder why there is such a huge price difference with retailers

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quikclot-Combat ... 19da5e45ec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Bug Out Gear”