Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by moab » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:26 pm

Wood camping stove $49.95 and some other deals from my local surplus store. I think I saw that stove listed at $150 not long ago. Good deal imho. Also some other stuff at the link. It's their winter email campaign.

https://us3.campaign-archive.com/?e=[UN ... 0502437129

"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

boskone

Post by boskone » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:14 pm

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:28 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:21 pm
Two good deals on freeze dried foods:

Mountain House 3-Day Emergency Food Supply Kit: $25.99 ships free with Amazon Prime

https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-House-E ... deals19-20

Normally around $55. All time low Amazon price by quite a wide margin: https://camelcamelcamel.com/Mountain-Ho ... B014ER40MS
Major mea culpa here folks. :oops:
Seller was a complete scammer. USPS.com tracking reported item shipped and then was delivered to an unspecified address in another state. Made two attempts to contact seller with no response, have now requested a refund from Amazon. Judging from what I saw when I went to leave seller feedback (62 1 star reviews, all reporting the exact same experience, that negative feedback number is literally increasing by the hour), I'd say Amazon will make good on my and anyone else's refund request. (Update - make that: Amazon will DEFINITELY refund your money. When I submitted my claim was advised it would take up to 1 week to investigate. Received approved refund confirmation 24 minutes later.)

Apologies for posting a scam deal to the ZS community in general and to NT2C and anyone else who actually placed an order in particular. If you haven't already, put in your refund requests now.

ETA: Stercutus, at least you didn't miss out on a deal after all. Feel free to gloat, but maybe just through PM. :clownshoes:

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:08 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:28 pm
majorhavoc wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:21 pm
Two good deals on freeze dried foods:

Mountain House 3-Day Emergency Food Supply Kit: $25.99 ships free with Amazon Prime

https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-House-E ... deals19-20

Normally around $55. All time low Amazon price by quite a wide margin: https://camelcamelcamel.com/Mountain-Ho ... B014ER40MS
Major mea culpa here folks. :oops:
Seller was a complete scammer. USPS.com tracking reported item shipped and then was delivered to an unspecified address in another state. Made two attempts to contact seller with no response, have now requested a refund from Amazon. Judging from what I saw when I went to leave seller feedback (62 1 star reviews, all reporting the exact same experience, that negative feedback number is literally increasing by the hour), I'd say Amazon will make good on my and anyone else's refund request. (Update - make that: Amazon will DEFINITELY refund your money. When I submitted my claim was advised it would take up to 1 week to investigate. Received approved refund confirmation 24 minutes later.)

Apologies for posting a scam deal to the ZS community in general and to NT2C and anyone else who actually placed an order in particular. If you haven't already, put in your refund requests now.

ETA: Stercutus, at least you didn't miss out on a deal after all. Feel free to gloat, but maybe just through PM. :clownshoes:
No worries. Amazon always makes good on stuff like this. I knew it was a scam when I saw the tracking number the scammer used. No way would that stuff be coming from China, but that was a Chinese tracking number. Just letting it play out on this end now. My delivery was supposed to be today and the mail has already been delivered so I'll file my claim either tonight or tomorrow.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:23 pm

I GO 95 pc First Aid Kit - $6.51.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DD ... deals19-20

Of course you can make a much better IFAK from scratch; but it'll cost you considerably more. Consider this a start towards a better kit. A serviceable zippered bag and some basic supplies to get you started. Plan on losing that silly compass, adding some larger bandages, OTC medications (analgesics, antihistamine, etc), maybe a tourniquet, trauma pads and anti-clotting agent to make a more capable kit.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:54 pm

LA Police Gear LNT 60 liter pack - clearance price $49.99, drops to $44.99 with code "textlapg10"

https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-bg-lnt-pa ... _a18eb3df5

For about the cost of a tissue thin Ozark Trails pack at Wally world, this is a 600 denier pack cloth bag in black, coyote or olive green. Hydration system compatable and has an adjustable shoulder harness to customize for torso length. No experience with this pack, but looks like a good buy for a budget bug out bag. One thing I can't determine is if it comes with an internal frame or not.

Can't find much info; here's a review by a guy who can't decide if he's showing off the pack or what he likes to carry in it. FWIW.

moab

Post by moab » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:46 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:54 pm
LA Police Gear LNT 60 liter pack - clearance price $49.99, drops to $44.99 with code "textlapg10"

For about the cost of a tissue thin Ozark Trails pack at Wally world, this is a 600 denier pack cloth bag in black, coyote or olive green. Hydration system compatable and has an adjustable shoulder harness to customize for torso length. No experience with this pack, but looks like a good buy for a budget bug out bag. One thing I can't determine is if it comes with an internal frame or not.

Can't find much info; here's a review by a guy who can't decide if he's showing off the pack or what he likes to carry in it. FWIW.

If I remember correctly we've had a few people on here buy these. And speak quite highly of them. I think there's a thread about them on here someplace.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

boskone

Post by boskone » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:55 pm

majorhavoc wrote:

I bought one when they first came out, which I...er...still haven't actually used, but I did a quickie review in the bugout gear forum. Short form: it could be better, for the money I think it's a really good pack.

I can probably dredge up the no-longer-linked pictures if you want; post in that thread if so, so we don't (further) muck up this one.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:09 pm

boskone wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:55 pm
majorhavoc wrote:

I bought one when they first came out, which I...er...still haven't actually used, but I did a quickie review in the bugout gear forum. Short form: it could be better, for the money I think it's a really good pack.

I can probably dredge up the no-longer-linked pictures if you want; post in that thread if so, so we don't (further) muck up this one.
I was going to jump on it, but I am so done w/top-loading bags.

moab

Post by moab » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:43 pm

AK .22 conversion kit. $150. I do not know who makes these. Nor have I used one. Just fyi.

http://www.combatarmory.com/ak-47-22-lr-conversion-kit/

Use code take15 to get 15%off and free shipping.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:32 pm

ETA: That was fast; it went out of stock while I was posting this. Either that or it was a pricing mistake.

5.11 Tactical Rush Tier Rifle Sleeve (Black) - $18.99 ships free with Amazon Prime.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B008XOA3MU/ ... UTF8&psc=1

Pricing is for the black color option only. The sandstone (Coyote) is the more typical $49.99. Per three helpful dromedaries I know, $49.99 is pretty much the average price; it's been as high as $54.99 and has never been lower than $36.33. https://camelcamelcamel.com/5-11-Tactic ... B008XOA3MU

Apparently a good way to securely attach your rifle, shotgun, AR, etc to your pack for ease of carry. This product caught my eye because it reminded me of a discussion some of us have been having in the tent heater thread. I wonder if this could be adapted to carry a rifle on a bicycle or a motorcycle? Here's a YT review.

[YouTube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=txUr2D81yN4[/YouTube]

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:41 pm

majorhavoc wrote:

ETA: Use code "JANUARYDEAL" instead to bring price down to $42.49.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:53 pm

Ravpower Prime 16W 2-Port Solar Power Bank for $28.00 with discount code "SPRING50". Ravpower website assesses tax, but shipping is free.

https://www.ravpower.com/products...power-bank

Excuse me but after missing out on the 5.11 Rush Tier rifle sleeve, I ordered first and am now posting for my ZS brothers and sisters.

Regular price at Ravpower website is $55.99. Currently $48.99 on Amazon where it gets a 4.3/5.0 average user rating after 1,633 reviews. I bit on this as a replacement to my venerable ReStore RA4 folding 14w panel, which is slightly larger, weighs twice as much and uses less efficient solar cells.

moab

Post by moab » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:39 am

Morakniv Garberg Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife with Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade, 4.3-Inch
by Morakniv
4.5 out of 5 stars 332 ratings | 64 answered questions

List Price: $99.99
Price: $27.99 & FREE Shipping

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I1GITMA/?tag=bcusa-20&th=1

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:34 am

moab wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:39 am
Morakniv Garberg Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife with Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade, 4.3-Inch
by Morakniv

Up to $29.99 shipped; still a good deal.

I do not need a third full tang survival knife. <"add to cart">
I do not need another Mora after my Companion and a zombie-lime green Light My Fire. <"Express checkout">
I do not have a knife addiction. <"Thank you for your order">

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:52 am

majorhavoc wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:34 am
moab wrote:
by Morakniv

Up to $29.99 shipped; still a good deal.

I do not need a third full tang survival knife. <"add to cart">
I do not need another Mora after my Companion and a zombie-lime green Light My Fire. <"Express checkout">
I do not have a knife addiction. <"Thank you for your order">
:lol:

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:30 pm

moab wrote:
by Morakniv

Ordered one but I see it's shipping from China, so I'm 90% convinced it's a scam.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

moab

Post by moab » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:21 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:30 pm
moab wrote:
by Morakniv

Ordered one but I see it's shipping from China, so I'm 90% convinced it's a scam.
It shows next day delivery now. So I'm not sure how it's coming from China. It's also being sold by Morakniv directly.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:52 pm

moab wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:21 pm
NT2C wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:30 pm
moab wrote:
by Morakniv

It shows next day delivery now. So I'm not sure how it's coming from China. It's also being sold by Morakniv directly.
Mine wasn't (and yes, I used the link you posted). Here's mine:

So far there seems to be an actual package in transit (different from the last scam that showed a tracking number that nothing ever moved on) but I'm betting it's going to be either a knock-off or counterfeit. (In which case I'll report it to both Amazon and Morakniv)

moab

Post by moab » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:58 pm

That link I posted goes to the Morakniv listing. Seems like an elaborate scam to change the Morakniv listing on Amazon. It's hard enough to get anything listed on Amazon. Would seem very hard to get it to switch between suppliers(?!).

I got the link from a post on BushcraftUSA. And many are now wary of the sale too. I guess beware. But this is on another level. Where you can change the seller of a listing at the same url?! that's really weird.

I've never had a problem on Amazon. Hope you will all forgive me. I post a lot of stuff in this section. My apologies if it doesn't work out. But I guess you can always get a refund on your card.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:39 pm

moab wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:58 pm
That link I posted goes to the Morakniv listing. Seems like an elaborate scam to change the Morakniv listing on Amazon. It's hard enough to get anything listed on Amazon. Would seem very hard to get it to switch between suppliers(?!).

I got the link from a post on BushcraftUSA. And many are now wary of the sale too. I guess beware. But this is on another level. Where you can change the seller of a listing at the same url?! that's really weird.

I've never had a problem on Amazon. Hope you will all forgive me. I post a lot of stuff in this section. My apologies if it doesn't work out. But I guess you can always get a refund on your card.
No worries. As you say, Amazon is good with refunds.

As for changing the supplier, Amazon does that itself, automatically. You have to be really careful and look below the "Add to cart" and "Buy it now" buttons to see who it's actually sold by and who it ships from. It can even change while you're reading the page.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:41 pm

moab wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:58 pm
Hope you will all forgive me. I post a lot of stuff in this section. My apologies if it doesn't work out. But I guess you can always get a refund on your card.
No worries, Moab. I had a mea culpa the other week with the Mountain House/Wise Foods deal I posted that turned out to be too good to be true. You didn't post with ill intent and therefore were as much a victim of this scam as anyone else. At least with Amazon, they're quite diligent about refunds. And ultimately, it's caveat emptor.

Keep those deal posts coming.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:43 pm

Yeah y'all, I appreciate the deals you all have been posting. I appreciate the time and thought that is put into this thread.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:06 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:43 pm
Yeah y'all, I appreciate the deals you all have been posting. I appreciate the time and thought that is put into this thread.
Yes. +1. Same here. A big thanks to all who post these deals! :D

Return to “Bug Out Gear”