Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ashwednesday
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by ashwednesday » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:19 pm

Last edited by ashwednesday on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.

ashwednesday
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead

Post by ashwednesday » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:19 pm

Last edited by ashwednesday on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.

ashwednesday

Post by ashwednesday » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:20 pm

Probably only available in stores, but what a price.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

norcalprep

Post by norcalprep » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:27 pm

Don't know when this started, so don't know when this will end.

For those who like the Vanquest FATpacks as your first aid kit, the bags are on firesale from Vanquest themselves as they clear them out for the Gen2s. Considering that they're still available for $40+ on Amazon, these seem like great prices.

The fire sale link: https://www.vanquest.com/categories/fire-sale.html
FATpack 4x6: $20.89
FATpack 5x8: $24.89
FATpack 7x10: $31.89

(BTW, for Gen2's, see here: https://www.vanquest.com/categories/new-products.html. I took a look, and it seems like incremental changes, such as a tab to help pull up the zippers, and more elastic straps).

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:42 pm

REI members can get additional 25% off

Light My Fire Swedish FireKnife $27.73

Sandvik 12C27 stainless-steel blade sits atop a grippy rubber handle; at the other end, the hidden Swedish FireSteel® firestarter rod can be pulled out

https://www.rei.com/product/876523/ligh ... -fireknife

four colors available
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by absinthe beginner » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:23 pm

Great deal on Kovea Titanium camp stoves with Piezo ignition.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/kovea- ... -prod9574Y

At just over three ounces, the Kovea Titanium camping stove is ready to provide reliable heating power in a compact, user-friendly design that includes a built-in, long-lasting Piezo ignition.

Convenient, one-touch Piezo ignition
Adjustable flame output with valve-control
Ultra-stable swiveling titanium legs with optional extensions
Super-durable titanium construction
Includes rugged hard case for storage
Requires isobutane fuel canisters (not included)
Made in Korea, Republic of

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:30 am

Esbit CS585HA 3-Piece Lightweight Camping Cook Set. $17.09 ships free with Amazon prime or qualifying orders with FSSS. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

An historic low per camelcamelcamel.com http://camelcamelcamel.com/Esbit-CS585H ... B001UERXOQ

This is the three piece solo model with the half liter cookpot. Windscreen/pot support nests inside. An interesting bugout option if hexamine fuel tabs are your sort of thing. I bit just because I've always been curious about these things and this one always struck me as an elegant design. I also suspect my penny alcohol stove might integrate nicely with this set up.

I've always wondered if in a pinch, you could finish the last few minutes of cooking without wasting a whole other fuel tab by adding a few twigs and transitioning to a conventional fire.

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by absinthe beginner » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:42 am

Primus camping stoves 69% off normal retail at Sierra Trading Post.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/primus ... ng~d~27%2F

kevlarsamurai

Post by kevlarsamurai » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:08 pm

http://lbtinc.com/4july?limit=all

Great prices on LBT packs, etc. Thanks again to all the contributors to this thread... over the years you have made me a very poor man... but thrifty. Happt 4th.

S/
K

zombieguineapig

Post by zombieguineapig » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:21 am

I have just spent more money than i should have done :') you guys are a bad influence

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:08 am

Thorfire handcrank lantern flashlight $3 with coupon code.

https://smile.amazon.com/ThorFire-Campi ... s=thorfire

The $39.99 regular price is utter fiction. It's normally around $18 but is currently down to $13.99, an historic low per camelX3

Rather insanely, at present if you enter the coupon code 9JGKQE9L at checkout, it knocks off another $10.99. Ships free with Amazon Prime or with FSSS on qualifying purchases. No idea how long this promotion will last.

I already own one of these and like it a lot. I most definitely ordered a second one at this price. The internal lithium ion battery is nothing to write home about at 300mAh, but is good to run the lantern for 2-3 hours on the high setting. No idea how long it would go on the low setting. I'd estimate the max light output to be 50-75 lumens. When collapsed, it also functions as a flashlight. Obviously, the hand crank feature means you can always generate usable power/light in an emergency. I've never relied on that though, I just keep it charged with the provided USB charging cable. Seems reasonably well built; the case material is that slightly rubberized material that feels a little more substantial than standard ABS plastic.

My two complaints are:
1) The provided cable to charge the lantern is a standard USB plug on one end, an old school barrel pin plug on the other. If you lose it, you might have trouble finding a replacement. The second provided cable is the standard USB/micro USB cable for using the lantern to charge a phone or other device.

2) There's no provision to store the cables internally. I have them in a Ziploc baggy, rubber banded to the collapsed lantern.
Last edited by majorhavoc on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quince47

Post by quince47 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:01 am

TU for the HU.

Looks like one discount/order....

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:32 am

Saw this today, seemed a good deal on good quality tools (made in China of course)....

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Mechan ... 7C66782542
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

El Solis

Post by El Solis » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:45 am

quince47 wrote:TU for the HU.

True BUT you can reuse the discount over and over. I ordered 3 last night (and 1 previously). You just have to make them individual orders [emoji106]

jdavidboyd

Post by jdavidboyd » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:54 am

El Solis wrote:
quince47 wrote:TU for the HU.

True BUT you can reuse the discount over and over. I ordered 3 last night (and 1 previously). You just have to make them individual orders [emoji106]
Didn't work for me, too bad....
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?

benja455

Post by benja455 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:59 am

majorhavoc wrote:Thorfire handcrank lantern flashlight $3 with coupon code.

The $39.99 regular price is utter fiction. It's normally around $18 but is currently down to $13.99, an historic low per camelX3

Rather insanely, at present if you enter the coupon code 9JGKQE9L at checkout, it knocks off another $10.99. Ships free with Amazon Prime or with FSSS on qualifying purchases. No idea how long this promotion will last.

I already own one of these and like it a lot. I most definitely ordered a second one at this price. The internal lithium ion battery is nothing to write home about at 300mAh, but is good to run the lantern for 2-3 hours on the high setting. No idea how long it would go on the low setting. I'd estimate the max light output to be 50-75 lumens. When collapsed, it also functions as a flashlight. Obviously, the hand crank feature means you can always generate usable power/light in an emergency. I've never relied on that though, I just keep it charged with the provided USB charging cable. Seems reasonably well built; the case material is that slightly rubberized material that feels a little more substantial than standard ABS plastic.

My two complaints are:
1) The provided cable to charge the lantern is a standard USB plug on one end, an old school barrel pin plug on the other. If you lose it, you might have trouble finding a replacement. The second provided cable is the standard USB/micro USB cable for using the lantern to charge a phone or other device.

2) There's no provision to store the cables internally. I have them in a Ziploc baggy, rubber banded to the collapsed lantern.
Discount code is expired.

jdavidboyd

Post by jdavidboyd » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:40 pm

benja455 wrote:
majorhavoc wrote:Thorfire handcrank lantern flashlight $3 with coupon code.

My two complaints are:

Discount code is expired.
I wish I had thought to try it when I first ordered. I would definitely have gotten several.
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:57 pm

Found on another forum. No affiliation.

https://www.uvpaqlite.com/

Use the coupon code "SUMMER2016" to save 20% on UV Paqlite products. Good for around 60 hours more

UV Paqlites products are lights for campers, backpackers, preppers and more. Our lights are reusable, reliable, and simple. They do not use batteries, bulbs or electricity. All our products are made from all natural glow crystals:

glow all night long
recharge quickly by absorbing any light
last forever. ​​

They can help you prolong the battery life of flashlights, provide emergency lighting, help you locate important items in the dark, or provide a night light illumination in your bedroom every night forever...

Glow in the Dark Technology

UVPaqlite products are made from strontium aluminate.

What Makes UVPaqlite Products Brighter?

Glow-in-the-Dark intensity (brightness) depends on the particle size; generally, the bigger the particles, the better the glow. Our products use patent pending large crystals of strontium aluminate making them brighter, charge faster, and even glow longer than other glow items available.

How Do the Crystals Charge?

Strontium aluminate is a photo luminescent phosphorous material, it absorbs photons (electromagnetic radiation) & UV rays to charge. It does NOT require direct or indirect sunlight to charge. It will charge well in low level indoor light conditions. Your Eyes Should Be Adjusted to the Dark. Our products work best when your eyes are fully adjusted to the dark because the light diminishes over time. When your eyes are fully adjusted to the dark a little light goes a long way.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:59 pm

American Sun Ovens has a special on their sun ovens until the end of July that is being promoted for the Homestead youtubers Doug and Stacy off grid.

https://www.sunoven.com/dougstacy-coupon/

I am thinking of picking one up for my homestead, haven't decided yet, have to crunch some numbers to see if I can do it. But figured I would post it up here for anyone who might be interested.

*edit to add, I did order the sun oven preparedness package, I am looking forward to trying it out.
Last edited by ineffableone on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:55 am

Alpaca Warehouse has a 3 day 10% off blankets

"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

grennels

Post by grennels » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:48 am

Shot 'em, now I'm gonna hang 'em, then I'm gonna burn 'em!
Damn Zombies. Can't ever be too dead to suit me.

- with apologies to Larry McMurtry

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:37 pm

grennels wrote:GI self inflating mattress -

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/ ... ?a=2063391
That is a pretty nasty spam trap of a link!! I started getting spam emails immediately because of these folks. I absolutely did not knowingly give permission or my email address but I immediately received Sportsman's Guide advertisements. You have to opt out not only at Sportsman's Guide but also at Criteo

You browsed on US - Sportsman's Guide website.

Criteo Email personalizes messages of its advertising partners based on your recent browsing behavior.

In certain cases this allows you to receive promotional offers. Criteo Email collects browsing data such as the products you viewed on its advertising partners' websites. Prior to sending you emails, we make sure that you gave consent to receive promotional emails.

In order to be technically able to send you an email on behalf of its advertising partners, Criteo Email stores a hashed version of your email address that doesn't allow us to know who you are (we can't find your name or your email address with this hashed information).

Criteo Email also queries the database to which you registered with your identifying data and gave your consent to receive promotional emails, so as to personalize the email sent to you – without storing any of these identifying data.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:06 pm

If you are looking to get your .338LM on with Barrett this is good a deal as I have seen.

$3791

http://store.10dollargunclub.com/barr_1 ... _14818.htm
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

00dlez
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 00dlez » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Midway has some steep discounts on milsurp mens and womens boots - most are sub $40/pair.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/191810 ... black-mens
Batman has a pretty good EDC. - Purple_Mutant

Return to “Bug Out Gear”