It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:21 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:58 pm
Posts: 1301
Location: detroit, MI
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
great wright up Gunny. Thanks for the info

_________________
If I lite a cigarette, will you go away?

R.I.P HK33k


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:59 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:57 am
Posts: 631
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Here is a different option

This is similar to your dromendray, except you just fill it up and let gravity filter the water. However I've never tested it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:12 pm
Posts: 695
Location: California
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Patient Zer0 wrote:

Thats what I love about ZS. Anywhere else, abunch of men commenting on each others clothing gets a little too "Brokeback" for me :lol:


Yes when get our accessories and attachments... we grab our scopes, lasers, flashlights and magazine clamps.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:55 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:33 pm
Posts: 11095
Location: Austin, TX
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3 times
Bump per request. If you must get a collapsible water container, this is the one to get.

_________________
BOB (Bug Out Bag)
Squad Level Trauma Bag/IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:29 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 973
Location: Guarding the Cheddar Curtain
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Hella good review, Gunny. I've been thinking about this very thing, for the very reasons that you stated.

Do you know how the DromLight stacks up against the Dromedary? Obviously, it's a "less" water bladder, but...

Where the HELL did you get the 10-l bag for $20?

_________________
dani monster wrote:
"Mom you do know that zombies aren't real, right?" "...You get Santa and the Easter Bunny. I get zombies. Eat your damned trail mix."

Standard disclaimer applies.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:11 pm 
Offline
BANNED
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 3:12 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: Colorado
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
I have a dromedary and they are a great watersack

But for backpacking, I use Nalgene Canteens...on longer trips I carry two

Each one holds about 3 liters and it just seems easier to fill one or two depending on the situation

And I feel more balanced carrying one in each hand, or strapping one to each side of my pack

best part is that you can drink out of one like a wineskin

_________________
"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." (LtCOL. Jeff Cooper U.S.M.C.)


Last edited by Obiwan on Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:41 pm 
Offline
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:37 pm
Posts: 16596
Location: City of Saint Louis
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 124 times
Obiwan, these have a different use, to be quite honest. These dromedary bags are awesome for when you're at your campsite, and want water but only want to go get it once a day or so. If all you have is 2 nalgene bottles, you'll be going down to filter water at every meal (and then some).

If you've got this big awesome bag, you can just fill it once, and then use it until you need more water.

Gunny, did you say you froze yours? I'm thinking wintergeddon and that I dont want to hike down the hill to the lake 3 times a day. I guess I could just dump it all out before bed everynight so I dont have a block of ice in it in the morning.

_________________
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:26 pm 
Offline
* * * *
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:14 pm
Posts: 883
Location: Alaska
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Thank you for pointing this thread out! It is just the sort of thing I'd like to replace my other less functional water bag with. ++


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:15 am 
Offline
* *

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:36 pm
Posts: 147
Location: Lexington, KY
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Gunny, where did u score the 10L for 20 bucks? 30 is the best I have been able to find.

_________________
"I'm all about hearts and minds... two in the heart and one in the mind...." Cpt. Ryan Holliday


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:34 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:33 pm
Posts: 11095
Location: Austin, TX
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3 times
KYZombieHunter wrote:
Gunny, where did u score the 10L for 20 bucks? 30 is the best I have been able to find.


I know a guy who works for Campmor's customer service department.

Crypto: It's frozen a few times, and it's never had any wear and tear.

_________________
BOB (Bug Out Bag)
Squad Level Trauma Bag/IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:14 am 
Offline
BANNED
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 3:12 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: Colorado
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Crypto....reading is fundamental

I think you saw this


Image

When I was referring to this


Image

_________________
"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." (LtCOL. Jeff Cooper U.S.M.C.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:15 am 
Offline
BANNED
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 3:12 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: Colorado
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
One advantage to two bottles over one big one is that if one spills or leaks you only lose half your water

_________________
"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." (LtCOL. Jeff Cooper U.S.M.C.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:10 pm 
Offline
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:37 pm
Posts: 16596
Location: City of Saint Louis
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 124 times
Ah so, Caine.

_________________
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:58 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:06 am
Posts: 1116
Location: Tejas
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I have the DromLit Bag. It works. But I have not put it through hell like Gunny has with his.

_________________
nfa wrote:
must...keep...my...fucking...mouth...shut...

I survived LA Camp and Shoot 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 09


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:31 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:33 pm
Posts: 11095
Location: Austin, TX
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3 times
sharkchild wrote:
I have the DromLit Bag. It works. But I have not put it through hell like Gunny has with his.


I haven't thrown mine off a cliff or anything, but it's withstood dozens of camping trips with impunity.

Honestly guys, you're getting hung up on a $10 difference. Buy one and you won't be disappointed.

On a side note, if you fill the 10L up about 3/4th of the way, it makes a pretty damn nice pillow.

_________________
BOB (Bug Out Bag)
Squad Level Trauma Bag/IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:26 pm 
Offline
* * * * *

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:35 pm
Posts: 6672
Location: Boulder, CO/Trinidad, CO
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
I bet, I've found out that my camel back makes a pretty darn good pillow, and then you've got water right by your face all night.

_________________
Gundown wrote:
Then I saw the bear and thought... holy shit this rum is fucking awesome!

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:00 pm 
Offline
BANNED
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 3:12 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: Colorado
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Sloshing softly in your ear......do you find you need to get up and urinate a lot?

_________________
"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." (LtCOL. Jeff Cooper U.S.M.C.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:03 pm 
Offline
* * * * *

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:35 pm
Posts: 6672
Location: Boulder, CO/Trinidad, CO
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
not with the camel back, cause there's no air in it. It looks like the whasiwhoozit bag that Gunny's yellin about shouldn't have any water in it either.

_________________
Gundown wrote:
Then I saw the bear and thought... holy shit this rum is fucking awesome!

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:28 pm 
Offline
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:15 pm
Posts: 9353
Location: CT
Has thanked: 583 times
Been thanked: 559 times
How did I miss this thread? Nice review Gunny. :D

_________________
Image

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:46 am 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 9345
Location: Adirondacks, NY
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
I just got one from Campmor because of this review...thanks Gunny!

nfa

_________________
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

Image
My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:32 am 
Offline
* *

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:44 am
Posts: 109
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Thanks for this post. I will be picking up a couple to put in my BOB's.

_________________
Smoking is a filthy habit. I pick my NOSE...but only in the FINEST of RESTAURANTS !


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:19 pm 
Offline
* *
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:07 pm
Posts: 103
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Just got a brand 4L one off eBay for 29.95. Thanks Gunny.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:42 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:32 pm
Posts: 3165
Location: TheOmegaMan.org
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I want one... next time I'm in the area, I'm stopping by your house...I mean, Cabela's...it's pretty much the same thing I guess...

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:28 pm 
Offline
BANNED
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 3:12 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: Colorado
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
"your house...I mean, Cabela's...it's pretty much the same thing I guess"

:lol:

Yeah...my wife keeps asking me when the K2 expedition is stopping by to gear up so we can have our basement back :D

_________________
"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." (LtCOL. Jeff Cooper U.S.M.C.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group