Woods Walker in Memorium

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Troy Adam
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Re: Woods Walker in Memorium

Post by Troy Adam » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:27 pm

So sorry to hear of his passing! I have learned a lot from his posts and enjoyed them and his videos as well. The last two years I've been spending a lot of time in the woods exploring like I did when I was just a little kid. We're actually both the same age and pretty much alike from what I can tell. I'll be thinking of the Walker next time I'm out on the trail. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and rest in peace!
Troy Adam
1st Place - July 2009 Postal Match (Pistol)
1st Place - March 2012 Postal Match
1st Place - May 2012 Postal Match
1st Place - September 2012 Postal Match
1st Place - Jan/Feb 2013 Postal Match
1st Place - Sept/Oct 2013 Postal Match

NapalmMan67

Post by NapalmMan67 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:03 pm

RIP Kevin. Condolences to his family and many friends.

Always enjoyed his videos and reviews.
Always have a buddy and a backup plan!

RapidM4
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead
George A. Romero zombie films

Post by RapidM4 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:28 am

Thanks, Kevin, for your inspiring videos and threads here on ZS. I like that you got out there and did the things many just talk about. Rest In Peace.

the_klenzer

Post by the_klenzer » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:20 pm

I signed in for the first time in ages to share my sadness in the hopes that it's some comfort to his family if they read this. Lots of love and a great dude.
"Klenzer, you have to be one of the only guys I know of that goes to the Arctic and somehow manages to get lapdances." - redhotkat
Vicarious_Lee wrote:This guide is created to help you get a spoon and eat my ass:
First: Get a spoon.
Second: Eat my ass.

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:23 pm

That sucks

Crimson Phoenix
Favorite Zombie Movies: Virtually any Romero film, 28 Days Later, Zombieland, but I didn't care much for the Resident Evil trilogy.

Post by Crimson Phoenix » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:20 pm

I'm just now dropping by after being gone for two years. That's a real shame to hear. He was always fun to hear from in whatever topic he was on and usually had some bit of wisdom and insight for everybody. I know it's been over a month, but I hope his family is carrying on well.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:56 pm

Been busy for a couple of months. This is terrible news. I have to say I really enjoyed his postings and by all accounts he seemed a great guy. Going to miss him around here.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

collisionsurfer

Post by collisionsurfer » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:53 pm

I am sorry. He was a great poster and seemed to be a good man, too.

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:44 pm

Rest in peace Woods/Kevin..
Thanks for sharing your adventures, knowledge and awesome camping photos with us!
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

Shoveler
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: both versions of DotD, ZL, 48hrs. also book of eli, the road, i am legend,, not really zombie movies but illustration of grim paw realities.

Post by Shoveler » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:30 pm

RIP WoodsWalker, I luv'd and will miss his posts and contribution to this forum.
"Where are you, you spongy, yellow, delicious bastards?"

BloodLust

Post by BloodLust » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:24 am

He will be missed. My interactions with him even in other forums were always educational. I looked forward to his posts.

RIP, WW.
Prayers for the family.
Erik wrote:First of all, I doubt your body is a weapon and if you threatened me with your body, I'd pull out a real weapon and see which is more effective.
Bear_B wrote: I am not too worried about the bullet with my name on it... its the bullets flying around with question marks on them that worry me.

evilpsych

Post by evilpsych » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:22 pm

Holy crap! My first return to the board in years and this is what i walk into? Dude was a legend. :gonk: he will be missed.
At least I'm not boring..

Valarius
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead and many of Romero's films.

Post by Valarius » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:33 pm

“One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.”
― Edward Abbey

Aloha kakou, Woods Walker, and to your family and friends.
See you around, HK. And remember folks: victory is surviving to watch another sunrise.

My female avatar is Saeko Busujima from High School Of The Dead. I'm a dude. :mrgreen:

Homeless survival techniques.

Phaedrus
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Phaedrus » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:54 am

I did not know him IRL, just chatted with him on the various forums we both frequented. It's still hard to believe he's gone, taken far too young. RIP, Kevin.

I've kind of drifted away from ZS lately, just been busy with other stuff. I hope to catch up a bit over the next weeks/months/? of work-from-home/quarantine.
Meat N' Taters wrote:
Red_Ramage wrote:Dr. Bear Grylls disagrees with all of you
Well, let him put Tylenol Gel-Caps in his shitter all day long. As for me, I'll use as directed. :)

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:21 pm

Well that explain a lot. WW was an important part of the community and will be missed.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Mags
Favorite Zombie Movies: *cough*not a zombie*cough* "Dog Soldiers" Just watch it. I'm sure this crowd will approve!

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:40 pm

"Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books." - Sir John Lubbock, Vice chancellor, University of London

RIP Woods Walker...
MAGS BOB THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 14&t=41853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAGS MED THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 43&t=42670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAGS FOOD THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 0&t=104784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Well, for me, the action is the juice..........I'm in."

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:46 pm

Damn...
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

amber5499

Post by amber5499 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Woods Walker, I will miss your fount of knowledge. Rest gently, it is well earned.

EeeNinja
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
Army of Darkness
Evil Dead I &II
Dead Alive

Post by EeeNinja » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:27 pm

Came back here just to check on the state of affairs and common thinking from COVID-19. This is not really what I wanted to come back to. Rest easy.

Wheel

Post by Wheel » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:57 am

Oh, no. :(

I was a member here years ago and just rejoined the other day. I remember enjoying his posts. RIP.

Trebor

Post by Trebor » Tue May 05, 2020 10:33 pm

Oh no! I just saw this.

My condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed.
----
R.I.P HK33K - Gone, but not forgetten.

madwolf
Favorite Zombie Movies: Days of Darkness!

Post by madwolf » Sun May 10, 2020 12:05 am

Damn. I rarely drop in anymore, and sadly this time it's to discover truly sad and tragic news.

50 is too young to just pass like that, but unfortunately for us, it happens.

Woods Walker was always someone I enjoyed chatting with and vicariously sharing his adventures through his posts, he always seemed a kindred spirit and a great teacher to us all.

The world is now a truly poorer place for his passing.

May the ways and paths and trails of the forests of paradise be yours to for all time.

Rest in Peace, good sir.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Flying Lead
Location: Alabama-Land of low taxes, lots of guns and more meth labs than you can count!

Post by Flying Lead » Sun May 17, 2020 5:53 pm

Have not been in here since Christmas and am floored by the loss of WW. Kevin was a special guy with a love of family, friends and nature you rarely see now a days. So very sorry to hear of his passing. My heart goes out to his family.
The optimist learns English, a pessimist - Chinese, realist exploring a Kalashnikov rifle.-russian survival website
1911nufsaid wrote:I'm not implying you, or anyone on the forum for that matter, is a 'end of world' nut job.
Woods Walker wrote:If their shit was any tighter the carbon within would be turned to diamonds.
Put me down for M14, XD45 and Pie

Dak Kovar

Post by Dak Kovar » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:51 pm

I just now stumbled onto the thread after a long absence ZS. I'm very sad to hear about WW. He was an outstanding individual (the little I knew him from the boards) with tons of good info and he was always ready to share what he knew. I enjoyed reading his threads and trying out what he wrote about. I enjoyed the way he wrote and posted photos and I tried to copy (and failed) his style.

While I"m not given to such things, I will say a something for the people who cared for him.

DK
"I don't wan't to be the ruler of this world... I want to be the ruler of another world."
"Well he should have armed himself...if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend."
"...And you can keep that silly fat wanker. The lads can't lift him."

Return to “Bug Out Gear”